Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Art » » Weekly DarkSpace Gameplay Video
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Weekly DarkSpace Gameplay Video
Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-19 17:26   
As a director and uploader for TheGameDock on youtube, I get my pick of a game to cover for a while.(2 weeks to 4 months) A video will be posted each week. And of course, my first choice was DarkSpace. Now I need the community's help in figuring out how to make a video walkthrough/documentary of DarkSpace.

Check out my channel, and subscribe if you can, http://www.youtube.com/user/IllusMaze

And this is the channel that I will be making gameplay videos on:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGameDock
[ This Message was edited by: IllusMaze on 2011-10-21 08:07 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-20 02:38   
start with some small ships spawning and flying around, then an engineer building platforms, a bomber in action, a dessie in combat, and then POMPOM POOOOM huge dread/station battle.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-10-20 02:59   
It depends on how you want to do the videos. Will you be doing a game walkthough on how to play with in game play, commentary on a battle, shots of gameplay with music, etc...?

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-10-20 09:50   
my advice -> introduction-understanding-expansion algorithm

1. start with you chatting with other people, or watching others chat.
2. put a scene where you show different ship models of a faction (icc please). avoid showing ships with same model (ex- icc combat and missile destroyers).
3. spawn a ship, go around and find a cruiser ai and fight defensively. spend 2 minutes maneuvering around the cruiser, getting hit a lot, low speed and focus on NOT hulling target.
4. spawn your ship again, team up with a player this time, and find that cruiser ai. do close-up shots of torpedoes hitting that cruiser and kill it (focus on team > solo).
5. your viewers are slightly bored with current faction. switch to new faction and show a cruiser (but dont spawn it). then show an engineer, spawn and build a wep platform and sensor platform. also use mining beams.
6. show them power. get a dreadnought out and spend 2 minutes pwning small ships. focus on attacking solo ships (you still want to emphasize point 4).
7. show interview-chat with very senior player, how they got to CM, their take on DS (careful choosing the CM here) and other things.
8. insert 1 minute big fleet battle scene. get 1 dread on your side and 1 station on enemy side. kill the small ai ships first, do potshots at station, then run when hulled.
9. show fleet formation of 1 dread, 2 cruisers and 4 destroyers (balanced fleet) and capture a planet.

after these do things which tell even more about darkspace, then conclude hope it helps
[ This Message was edited by: Compromisery on 2011-10-20 09:51 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-10-20 14:33   
Quote:

On 2011-10-20 09:50, Compromisery wrote:
my advice -> introduction-understanding-expansion algorithm

1. start with you chatting with other people, or watching others chat.
2. put a scene where you show different ship models of a faction (icc please). avoid showing ships with same model (ex- icc combat and missile destroyers).
3. spawn a ship, go around and find a cruiser ai and fight defensively. spend 2 minutes maneuvering around the cruiser, getting hit a lot, low speed and focus on NOT hulling target.
4. spawn your ship again, team up with a player this time, and find that cruiser ai. do close-up shots of torpedoes hitting that cruiser and kill it (focus on team > solo).
5. your viewers are slightly bored with current faction. switch to new faction and show a cruiser (but dont spawn it). then show an engineer, spawn and build a wep platform and sensor platform. also use mining beams.
6. show them power. get a dreadnought out and spend 2 minutes pwning small ships. focus on attacking solo ships (you still want to emphasize point 4).
7. show interview-chat with very senior player, how they got to CM, their take on DS (careful choosing the CM here) and other things.
8. insert 1 minute big fleet battle scene. get 1 dread on your side and 1 station on enemy side. kill the small ai ships first, do potshots at station, then run when hulled.
9. show fleet formation of 1 dread, 2 cruisers and 4 destroyers (balanced fleet) and capture a planet.

after these do things which tell even more about darkspace, then conclude hope it helps

Seems about perfect aside from #6, that'd give people the wrong idea and they'd end up thinking smaller ships=junk compared to the flying bricks. Though, if combined with a couple smaller ships taking out a Dreadnought it would show that bigger ships are not necessarily better.

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-20 16:44   
Quote:

On 2011-10-20 02:59, Fatal Afro Man *TO* wrote:
It depends on how you want to do the videos. Will you be doing a game walkthough on how to play with in game play, commentary on a battle, shots of gameplay with music, etc...?

Its basically a commented gameplay video series. One each week, hopefully at least 3 months worth of videos.

@Compromisery Those are great ideas. All we need to add to that is you self-destructing in your station... again.

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-20 18:28   
And my trailer is up. (Not gameplay videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xqdtMbq4U8
Enjoy! (Btw. I know mine looks uber noob compared to guyton's)

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-10-21 00:48   
You could always ask guyton for pointers/help if you like. I know filming DarkSpace is kinda difficult with it being.... well dark lol

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-21 04:30   
One thing that is most important... is he music. The music sets the mood for the video, if you have something like Requiem for a Dream that everyone hears too often it kinda loses people. In fact my next focus is making sure I have the right music that brings out the faction I'm filming about. I've been trying to properly make a story in the recent ones to make the idea of being on that side more wanting. Good luck.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-21 04:32   
One thing that is most important... is he music. The music sets the mood for the video, if you have something like Requiem for a Dream that everyone hears too often it kinda loses people. In fact my next focus is making sure I have the right music that brings out the faction I'm filming about. I've been trying to properly make a story in the recent ones to make the idea of being on that side more wanting. Good luck.

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-21 08:08   
Thanks guyton! I couldn't find any other uncopyrighted music before my deadline so I had to use that. I'm thinking of making a remake with a bit more footage and music I found late last night that I doubt many have heard of.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-21 16:36   
For music i recommend hitting up Two Steps from Hell \

For combat Two Steps From Hell - To Glory

for giving a message like Guyton does Two Steps from Hell - Heart of Courage

Email *FTL*Soulless
Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-21 16:58   
Quote:

On 2011-10-21 16:36, Kanos wrote:
For music i recommend hitting up Two Steps from Hell \

For combat Two Steps From Hell - To Glory

for giving a message like Guyton does Two Steps from Hell - Heart of Courage

I will keep these in mind, however, I found a site full of music that can be used on youtube and that not many have heard of.

My most immediate question to guyton is this: How did you get rid of the user interface for your trailers?

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-10-22 10:52   
Week one's video is up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf00JN1CuHQ

Next week, I will be covering ICC.
[ This Message was edited by: IllusMaze on 2011-10-22 10:52 ]

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-22 11:16   
Quote:

On 2011-10-22 10:52, IllusMaze wrote:
Week one's video is up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf00JN1CuHQ

Next week, I will be covering ICC.
[ This Message was edited by: IllusMaze on 2011-10-22 10:52 ]

i could help with any ICC work (just gotta tell me so i can set up my laptop to run DS cause my desktop is is parts)

Email *FTL*Soulless
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020331 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR