No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » strategic points
 Author strategic points
Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-07 15:39   
i dont know if anyone suggested this already or not but i'll still say it

say u get jumped by a couple of kluth and u wanna jump 1000 gu's away to keep hitting.
And by the time u press f2 and choose a suitable point near that distance your already dead.
Why cant u just select certain points around the combat area for each situation? (like point alpha or something in the army)
say u put create 2 point around, point x and point z...point x is 1200 gu's away from the possible combat zone, and u jump there incase u get jumped by someone.
And point z is over 7000 gu's away incase u get too damaged or something, and is used as a supply point or escape route.
And to use each point u do something like press shift-j the x ( if u just wanna jump anywhere u press shift-j 0 or something)
its simple, easy to adjust too and yet fair to all factions

i know u can create a few points now but u still have to press f2 and look for them and click them and etc...plus they disappear quick if u dont use them

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-07 16:58   
im sorry no one has answered your question yet. Illl try

to jump 1000ish gu away from an enemy we use point jumping. That is, press shift J and then J again. This will take much practice in order to get to a point where you jump only as far as you want to.

Another method, is zoom out and use controle mouse click to select a point in space. You can now push J to jump to that point. Keep in mind that autopilot will stop you far enough away from your target point that you can fully stop your ship without getting to your target point. In otherwords, overshoot your projected jump point by some distance. Practice makes perfect.

Controle clicking a point in space also makes a point you can shoot at. This is how we blind fire to shoot at cloaked kluth ships. This one takes huge ammounts of practice.

Good luck out there. Hope i helped

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-11-08 01:43   
To clarify what Defiance said:

1. To point jump, CONTROL+LEFT CLICK on a point in space to select it.
2. Zooming out will allow you to CONTROL+LEFT CLICK on a point farther away.
3. Once you have selected said point, press J to jump to it.
4. You will exit jump before you reach the point you have selected based on your current velocity, so make sure to compensate for your current speed.

Another method for quick jumps is to emergency jump with SHIFT+J and then cancel the jump with J quickly afterward. This will cause a jump that brings you a short distance away.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-08 04:36   
i actually agree that setting a waypoint can get very handy. if i want to jump back to a planet in midcombat, i have to open f2, wait the 3 seconds for it to synch, zoom out, find the planet, check route, press o.

That's a lot...

But what if i can set 2 waypoints, and assign em to hotkeys. hotkey being tab +1, tab +2 or something. then in midcombat i can decide to immediatly select point 1 (shipyard planet) or point 2 (platform base) with tab 1 or 2, instead of the whole f2 pathway.

I like the idea

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-08 11:29   
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 04:36, God Almighty wrote:
i actually agree that setting a waypoint can get very handy. if i want to jump back to a planet in midcombat, i have to open f2, wait the 3 seconds for it to synch, zoom out, find the planet, check route, press o.

That's a lot...

But what if i can set 2 waypoints, and assign em to hotkeys. hotkey being tab +1, tab +2 or something. then in midcombat i can decide to immediatly select point 1 (shipyard planet) or point 2 (platform base) with tab 1 or 2, instead of the whole f2 pathway.

I like the idea

thats what i ment lol, but much shorter.

But even if its a good idea the devs would probably say they dont have time to apply such a ''side'' update....but it i understand anyway, just saying what my minds thinking

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-08 12:37   
oh, i like players jumping directly to platform-bases

easy to track, and easy press

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-08 14:11   
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 12:37, NoBoDx wrote:

nobody said anything about players jumping directly to platforms dumb ass....read before replying.
We're talking about several location points created by a player that only he knows where he placed it...which would make tracking a bit more difficult...a player can easily set a point to a hotkey, and that point could be where ever he wants it...it would be an easy system that would be needed if u want to fight a battle and have several escape points if needed

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-08 16:58   
Quote:

then in midcombat i can decide to immediatly select point 1 (shipyard planet) or point 2 (platform base) with tab 1 or 2, instead of the whole f2 pathway.

now please say sorry to my friend before i bite ya

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-11-08 21:10   

Basically you guys want the ability/feature to set waypoints.

I've been asking for that too. But if you're talking about short jumping to escape from a rear-end attack and then turn around to reattack, then Shift-J + J is the way to go. Having your ship align itself to a waypoint may take too long, and a Kluth Siphon would have hulled you by then.

And for those who're asking for a 1000 or 2000 GU jump preset, then I say NO!! Go get some PJ skillz!

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-08 21:20   
Noah please be nice.

As for the waypoint Idea... A lot of it is already in game you just have to make use of it. Like Hiting Shift+J then J again after some time to put your self some distance away. If you find your self dieing fast in combat and your in a friendly system use the Closest SY or supply point in F2 to make a fast get away

Email *FTL*Soulless
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-09 04:41   
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 16:58, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
Quote:

then in midcombat i can decide to immediatly select point 1 (shipyard planet) or point 2 (platform base) with tab 1 or 2, instead of the whole f2 pathway.

now please say sorry to my friend before i bite ya

what did I do?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-09 16:48   
you did nothin, was just pointing out to OP that someone did mention jumping to a platform.
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-09 16:51 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-10 05:32   
i did nothing wrong? hmmm then im doing something wrong....

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-10 07:30   
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 14:11, Noah Lienhardt wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 12:37, NoBoDx wrote:

nobody said anything about players jumping directly to platforms dumb ass....read before replying.
We're talking about several location points created by a player that only he knows where he placed it...which would make tracking a bit more difficult...a player can easily set a point to a hotkey, and that point could be where ever he wants it...it would be an easy system that would be needed if u want to fight a battle and have several escape points if needed

you could have said it without an insult

my comment was on
Quote:

Page created in 0.023468 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR