No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » rename stations into baseships
 Author rename stations into baseships
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-11-19 21:36   
remove jumpgates. why? because they suck...they suck you in and poop you out on the other side, they digest too fast, its like we're fastfood. i dont like the feeling of being fastfood when i enjoy the world of DS jumps may be long, but it usualy takes time when we wish to go somewhere far away from home invading systems and stuff...if you know what i mean

change in mine coding could also save servers stress. erase current mine mechanics. remake. imagine it like spill of liquid on the surface. puddle...stain... from nav screen point of view.
like a minefield that coveres small areas. in servers point of view he would register minefield as one unit in specific coordinates. any ship that enters a field will recive random damage in some random intervals [u]as long as it moves[/h].
they could be shot down but it could have "hull"...that one unit called minefield. graphicly there can be show as a cluster of mines. with random explosion around the ship. ships from dessy call and lower would have some kind of "bonus" since they are small and can maneuver easier though the field. logner time interval between the BOOOM!!!

rename stations into baseships. why? because they move and name defines it. so instead make new stations, on principles of platfom, preferably massive one. makem as real stationary stations with supply, repair ability.long range sensors, maybe ecm and stuff. some defensive guns, maybe some kind of new "superweapon". wouldnt be nice when in combat you can call in "air stirke". could be badass laser, missile barrage, massive flak cannon. they would be AI but could be controled by any player, like we control the planets. not much options but if any special abilities could be used, thats the way to do it. 3 stations limit. long time to build and would be expensive. also could be modded with modules that and adv engi could only build, of course for a reasonable amount of resources. modules like SY...or something more 'special' like weapon platform or generator to recharge ships, or i dunno, siege shileds for icc

Ruuu
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-19 21:49   
I can see this being shot down like a bazooka and a turkey...

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-11-19 21:53   
I agree with all but the jumpgate one. I for one, prefer to have a means to get to my destination when I am the only one on without switching ships all the time just to build and take a route to another system.

Also, if these station platforms have sys, they should require a significantly larger amount of resources to build new ships and to transfer ships.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-19 23:02   

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-11-20 00:28   
I say we do this except instead of all of the functionality you proposed it instead fires a weapon that improves everyone's posting.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-11-20 04:07   
Quote:

On 2011-11-20 00:28, $yTHe {C?} wrote:
I say we do this except instead of all of the functionality you proposed it instead fires a weapon that improves everyone's posting.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Page created in 0.022128 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR