- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +21.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.672
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author 1.672
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-05 19:52   
ECM/ECCM:
The description for Longwave shows it as the standard AOE but it can't be used without selecting a target. Focused and Narrowband ECM could use a bit of an increase in signature reduction, a Sensor Corvette sitting still with shields on goes from 3.3 to -2.7 sig targeting itself, standard ECM goes from 3.3 to -0.7 sig. A Border Cruiser sitting still with shields on goes from 9.8 to 1.5 signature with standard ECM and 9.8 to -2.6 with Narrowband or Focused. It would take around 3 equal ships targeting one ship with ECM to allow it to operate in combat at something more than a snail's pace and stay at negative sig.

ECCM seems a bit strong in comparison, a Border Cruiser jumps from 9.8 sig just sitting still with shields on to 34.4 targeting itself with Focused or Narrowband ECCM, the active gadget itself does not raise your own signature so the increase was purely from the targeted ECCM. Standard ECCM goes from 9.8 to 26.2. A Sensor Corvette goes from 3.3 to 11.2 with standard ECCM and 3.3 to 15.2 with Narrowband/Focused, it looks like a single Scout running 2 standard ECCM would just about be able to counter 2 BCs worth of Focused ECM on a single target if it's close enough to it. A EW based Scout/Frigate that has 4 gadgets would pretty well be able to counter 4 ships worth of ECM.

Installing one of the new ECM or ECCM gadgets results in it defaulting to standard ECM or ECCM after docking and relaunching. Not really a big deal, but here it is anyway.

Gauss:
I don't really see much of an increase in speed, it seems to be about the same as what's in MV now. I moved to max range and fired a Gauss and Rail volley at a stationary Transport and observed the difference in impact times of the two projectiles, then repeated the same thing in MV and there was no readily noticeable difference.

Structure pause:
This is just about perfect. Completely prevents people from sabotaging planets by disabling defenses, but doesn't shaft you if you're trying to manage a planet that got plagued or flattened by the MI deathray. If someone wants to sabotage a planet now they have to scrap domes or generators or FF the planet with neutrons to be able to disable anything, so they're throwing away pres everytime they want to screw with a planet.

Shields/armor:
Probably left over from when everything was moved to Dreadnought level armor/shields but I had very odd displays for shields and armor on my beta ships, ranging from 171% shields on a Scout to +11% armor and +7% shield HP on a Heavy Cruiser running actives.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-05 20:40   
The issues with stock ECM/ECCM is likely to do with some device type settings in the Resourcer which can be fixed before release.

I have just pushed a beta update, so you'll see the damage and Gauss changes now.

I reverted the armour and shield changes a while ago due to side affects I wasn't happy with. As a result, some ships will display over 100% until they're knocked down to 100% or below.

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-12-05 20:42 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-05 20:58   
I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to target yourself with the new ECM/ECCM variants. I need to ask around to confirm otherwise.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-05 21:49   
Yeah, seems I jumped in beta before it was updated with the latest changes, so here goes.

Gauss speed increase is very noticeable now. The damage is on the low side especially with the 10% global damage reduction in addition to the previous 10% ICC damage reduction (need clarification on this, from what I remember it was only Fusion Torps that had it fully reverted and Rails reverted by 5%, I had someone tell me it was totally reverted for all weapons but it wasn't a dev so I'm skeptical), so I'll have to find someone to jump in beta with me and do some small ship combat testing to see if the speed increase is enough to make them a more viable choice when going up against Cruiser size and smaller.

Interdictor mass increase is nice. They're somewhere between a Cruiser and a Dreadnought now as far as maneuverability goes, but the power use increase could probably stand to be bumped up a bit as you can still fly at full speed for a good while before running out of power.

That's what I figured the odd shield/armor display was from, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some new bug that snuck itself in with the update.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-06 07:51   
Check the dev log for previous versions and clarification, lets keep this on-topic for 672 please.

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-12-06 07:51 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-06 15:47   
Quote:
In Development Log, Fattierob wrote:
Structures can no longer be paused unless they take a resource that has a shortage. Planet runs a check every 60 seconds to see if structures can be put back on given that the planet has no more shortages of the type they drain.

The only structure I know that drains resource is Barrack.
Do you plan the structure to drain other kinds of resource, Fattie?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-06 15:48   
Resources such as: power, food, workers
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2011-12-06 15:49 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-09 11:25   
After thinking about it for a while, not allowing key structures like domes or generators to be scrapped unless it wouldn't cause a shortage might be good. Yes I know I mentioned people would have to take a pres hit for scrapping them to cause a worker/power shortage so they can disable other structures, but I checked and it's really not very much at all and can be easily made up by spending a few minutes building somewhere else. At least this way they'd have to scrap the defenses themselves which would cost considerably more prestige.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-09 18:51   
Quote:

On 2011-12-09 11:25, Talien wrote:
After thinking about it for a while, not allowing key structures like domes or generators to be scrapped unless it wouldn't cause a shortage might be good. Yes I know I mentioned people would have to take a pres hit for scrapping them to cause a worker/power shortage so they can disable other structures, but I checked and it's really not very much at all and can be easily made up by spending a few minutes building somewhere else. At least this way they'd have to scrap the defenses themselves which would cost considerably more prestige.

it will also show up in the chat area that those structures are being scrapped. Makes it way easier to tell that the planet is being sabotaged

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-09 21:14   
.....What if you just wanted to scrap the building for sheer building purposes? For example I usually overbuild domes to make the tech rise faster and then scrap them once the tech is high...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-09 22:36   
All that does is make the pop die, which drops morale and makes the planet go into revolution. I'm guessing if you don't have the patience to wait for tech to rise then you also don't have the patience to babysit the planet until morale goes back up and revolution ceases, which means someone else has to recapture it later if it revolts.

Either way my suggestion doesn't prevent that as long as scrapping those domes doesn't result in a shortage of workers.

But that does bring up another idea, I run into a lot of planets that have 50+ excess population because of AI builds or someone deciding to put a SY on every planet, then them either being bombed off or scrapped later. It's a pain having to babysit it for an hour or more after scrapping the excess domes to put in structures that serve a purpose, would it be at all possible to tie in population to domes directly so if one is scrapped while the planet is at max population it also immediately removes 10 population with no morale hit? Yes I realize it's not "realistic", but neither telepathic lobsters.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-12-10 02:42   
the pause requirements are good, but putting requirements on scrapping may not be good. locking planets is simpler and more solid way to go, if trying to stop potential sabotage.

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-10 07:08   
I think limitation to scrap infrastrucutures/lifelines is a realistic feature.
Bases and Labs are valid targets for scorched earth policy.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-10 10:20   
Quote:

On 2011-12-10 02:42, Compromisery wrote:
the pause requirements are good, but putting requirements on scrapping may not be good. locking planets is simpler and more solid way to go, if trying to stop potential sabotage.

We'd all hope so but unfortunately a certain CM is (or at least was) one of the biggest and most blatant saboteurs, though I haven't personally seen him doing it lately. He even went so far as to lock then sabotage planets while others were present to witness it and then say things like "it's to make it more fun for the other team" when we asked why he was trashing the planet.

Quote:

On 2011-12-10 07:08, Lithium wrote:
I think limitation to scrap infrastrucutures/lifelines is a realistic feature.
Bases and Labs are valid targets for scorched earth policy.

Hm.....good point, maybe remove scrap protection when control drops below 25%? There's no reason to scrap domes/farms/labs/generators if it would create a shortage unless a planet is about to be captured.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-12 12:58   
Forgot to post this the other day, but I'm really liking the random AI names. It's a lot better than the basic ship with a roman numeral attached.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019691 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR