Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Noobs prespective
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author A Noobs prespective
Grimaldus
2nd Rear Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-01-11 16:46   
Hi all,

For what it's worth i've been playing Darkspace for around 2 days (solid gameplay) and have reached the dizzy heights of Captain. I've managed this with the help of a few really decent blokes in the EAFS and some lone wolf types who tag along for the action. There are a few things that have cropped up that are worth considering.

1. Having spoken to those of you who are playing on a regular basis, the numbers of players has dwindled drastically due to a new content update, is there anyone the more senior members of the fleets go to with their gripes? After all, it's the players not the Devs who make the game.

2. As you all probably remember from your first steps playing wether it be yesterday (Me) or in the 2000BC (Kratos, Evis etc) the game is initially very confusing, the WIKI helped massively but again it was the patience of others that has kept me glued to this game thus far. So thank you and please continue to lend a helping hand to us newbies, we won't forget it.

3. Being as there seems to be little in the way of a massive influx of new recruits to the game, we should probably take it on ourselves to try to lure both old and new players back to the game. When there are 10 people fighting in 1 system it is epic, imagine a system being fought over by all 3 factions with 5 times that number! Please if you are in contact with any old school players or know people who may be interested get them on! Again the Devs and Admin seem to be lacking in the advertising side of things. So it's only word of mouth that'll get the number in.

I know practically everyone in game as much more experience than me, i'm just doing what i can to make a great MMO exceptional.

Thanks again for all the support and patience you've shown me. I even have Evis to thank for honing my skills by whooping my ass on a regular basis

Captain Grimaldus EAFS

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-11 17:10   
Well that was Interesting Captain.

-Admiral of the Fleet Chance Wilson, Confederate Armada.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-01-11 17:38   
It's nice to get a fresh perspective grim, and you've hit the nail on the head over a number of issues. Thank you!

as a side note, ive seen and lead some pretty epic engagements over my time here, if youre interested in some war stories let me know =P

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-01-11 18:19   
Definitely would be nice to see 3-way pitched fights in systems again. I miss those days. Good times...I WANT THEM BACK!

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-11 18:51   
im glad you like the game so far grim. message me if you need any help with the game ok, i know a thing or two (although the more high ranking, more active players could help you more). umm......nothing else on my mind so have a great time and hope to see you in game(i might be on sunday, doing nothing then).

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-11 18:58   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 16:46, Grimaldus wrote:
Hi all,

For what it's worth i've been playing Darkspace for around 2 days (solid gameplay) and have reached the dizzy heights of Captain. I've managed this with the help of a few really decent blokes in the EAFS and some lone wolf types who tag along for the action. There are a few things that have cropped up that are worth considering.

1. Having spoken to those of you who are playing on a regular basis, the numbers of players has dwindled drastically due to a new content update, is there anyone the more senior members of the fleets go to with their gripes? After all, it's the players not the Devs who make the game.

2. As you all probably remember from your first steps playing wether it be yesterday (Me) or in the 2000BC (Kratos, Evis etc) the game is initially very confusing, the WIKI helped massively but again it was the patience of others that has kept me glued to this game thus far. So thank you and please continue to lend a helping hand to us newbies, we won't forget it.

3. Being as there seems to be little in the way of a massive influx of new recruits to the game, we should probably take it on ourselves to try to lure both old and new players back to the game. When there are 10 people fighting in 1 system it is epic, imagine a system being fought over by all 3 factions with 5 times that number! Please if you are in contact with any old school players or know people who may be interested get them on! Again the Devs and Admin seem to be lacking in the advertising side of things. So it's only word of mouth that'll get the number in.

I know practically everyone in game as much more experience than me, i'm just doing what i can to make a great MMO exceptional.

Thanks again for all the support and patience you've shown me. I even have Evis to thank for honing my skills by whooping my ass on a regular basis

Captain Grimaldus EAFS

always glad to see new blood on ICC. I agree the start can be rough and I hope it gets improved soon, but i'm glad to see you stuck to it. If you need any help ingame feel free to hit me up.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-01-11 19:30   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 16:46, Grimaldus wrote:
Hi all,

thank you for the complement.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-01-11 19:50   
None of the staff get paid, so this game is worked on in our spare time when we can. DarkSpace was very heavily damaged due to the ambition of one developer who didn't see it through (I also don't particularly think seeing it through would have helped, it was trying to make DS something it wasn't, but I digress...), and we're still working on repairing the damage done to both the game and the reputation of it.

It's a lovely little niché game, but the reality is that there is little money bar what goes towards running the game, which does so on a nice bit of hardware in a datacenter in California.

The player numbers haven't 'dwindled drastically' due to a content update, we always see this happen when we release a large update, and then continue working on the next large update. I might suggest someone with a rather negative agenda and an art for trolling might have told you this.

A lot of what has been worked on in the past year or two has mainly been framework for a larger picture that we want to see through. It's a a timely process, but again, this is the reality of playing a game where all the development work is done by volunteers.

NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-01-11 21:25   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 18:19, Entil-Zha the Starkiller wrote:
Definitely would be nice to see 3-way pitched fights in systems again. I miss those days. Good times...I WANT THEM BACK!

Kinda brings back some good times lol.

I know what. we pick a date, and we all show up and have one final huge battle like the old days lag the server so much it crashs

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

Author of Stanger in a Strange land.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-01-11 22:14   
Quote:

Can remember the first few days and saw tons of amazing battles then and through out my time, miss the fleet wars and the large 3 way battles, they where always fun

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-12 07:34   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 21:25, NZ-juex16 wrote:
Quote:

Kinda brings back some good times lol.

I know what. we pick a date, and we all show up and have one final huge battle like the old days lag the server so much it crashs

+1
[ This Message was edited by: Admiral Chance Wilson*CO* (FS) on 2012-01-12 07:56 ]

Email Admiral C. Wilson
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-01-12 08:08   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 19:50, Pantheon wrote:
The player numbers haven't 'dwindled drastically' due to a content update,

Partly due to this they have dwindled

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-12 08:22   
I remember i was only a vice admiral, a massive battle between all factions caused the entire DS server to brake down it was fun but then the lag kicked in and no one was safe,

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-12 08:39   
Quote:

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother"

[ This Message was edited by: RogueAvenger10 on 2012-01-12 08:39 ]

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-12 12:01   
It's a shame that i haven't got to see battles with all 3 factions fighting with 20 people on each side, i joined back in September back in 11 and so I'm still fairly new but i silently watch and wait for the days of the huge fights again.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.031114 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR