Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A Noobs prespective
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author A Noobs prespective
Red Shirt
Captain

Posted: 2012-01-14 01:09   
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 19:50, Pantheon wrote:

The player numbers haven't 'dwindled drastically' due to a content update, we always see this happen when we release a large update, and then continue working on the next large update. I might suggest someone with a rather negative agenda and an art for trolling might have told you this.

I can't imagine that you could do as much damage as some other companies have even if you tried. One need look no further than the people over at Cornered Rat or Sony Online to create a textbook on "How to Demolish a Good Game & Your Entire Subscription Base in a Single Patch."

I've played plenty of zero budget online games before and so far this is the only one that has kept me interested for more than a week. So bravo for that and keep up the good work!

woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-14 11:55   
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Being as there seems to be little in the way of a massive influx of new recruits to the game, we should probably take it on ourselves to try to lure both old and new players back to the game. When there are 10 people fighting in 1 system it is epic, imagine a system being fought over by all 3 factions with 5 times that number! Please if you are in contact with any old school players or know people who may be interested get them on! Again the Devs and Admin seem to be lacking in the advertising side of things. So it's only word of mouth that'll get the number in
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old schoolers will know that this would mean LAG.
its all well wanting more players but not to many plesae, as I do remember the old days where gameplay was impossible because of LAG and too many players

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-14 13:00   
ah, the good old time (when ds became free2play) where 7 missledreads + stations + normal dreads + misslecruisers attacked >30 ugto players...

sure it lagged like hell with those thousands missiles / fighters
but it was fun

James 296
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-15 21:01   
Quote:

On 2012-01-14 13:00, NoBoDx wrote:
ah, the good old time (when ds became free2play) where 7 missledreads + stations + normal dreads + misslecruisers attacked >30 ugto players...

but it was fun

yes indeed it was fun

UnknownWarrior
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-01-17 12:37   
Quote:

On 2012-01-14 13:00, NoBoDx wrote:

but it was fun

Nothing quite as scary as the CL2K Kluth Dessies....Those were a NIGHTMARE.....

Ask Lark anytime about that one....I believe she remembers quite a few times I was screaming over teamspeak or something when flying a Combat Dread back in those days....Twas hilarious XD

Email UnknownWarrior
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 14:17   
Quote:

On 2012-01-12 08:08, *Nemesis*© wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-11 19:50, Pantheon wrote:
The player numbers haven't 'dwindled drastically' due to a content update,

Partly due to this they have dwindled

Partly yeah I agree, but ultimately this game is old. It's a decade old, it's unknown, unadvertised and has a ton of f2p competition.

Basically, this game is what it is. You gotta shrug your shoulders and accept it. It won't grow. It's past that point. But it's still here isn't it?

Red Shirt
Captain

Posted: 2012-01-21 01:25   
Quote:

Partly yeah I agree, but ultimately this game is old. It's a decade old, it's unknown, unadvertised and has a ton of f2p competition.

Basically, this game is what it is. You gotta shrug your shoulders and accept it. It won't grow. It's past that point. But it's still here isn't it?

I thought I already mentioned Battleground Europe?

Joke aside, I see lots of potential for growth, even if it's not happening right now. One limit is the server size. We've basically got the game & beta, but what if there were more? What if, for instance, enough people pooled their money to open another server & used it entirely for experimentation? Open source development, basically. Instead of "daily events" there could be "mod of the week" and the actual DarkSpace devs could look at that, see what ideas work (and steal them for beta) and which ones are horrible (so as not to make the same mistakes).

What I'm getting at is that the sheer number of ideas & potential directions the game could go are bottlenecked into one beta server. What if there was two? Or even three? Yes, I know the economy sucks but still... crowdsourcing funding has proven amazingly successful with other things. It's worth a shot.

Advertising is another issue altogether, and a much more difficult subject to tackle. Not even going to try for that one, to be honest.

[ This Message was edited by: Red Shirt on 2012-01-21 01:25 ]

johnthedrummer92
Commander

Posted: 2012-01-21 01:48   
last night i was part of a three way battle!! =D it only lasted a few minutes tho =[ .but tonight it was luthys and uggies at kaus big time, pretty fun when everyone acts as a team and strategically moves together!!!! =D

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-22 23:41   
I'm glad to see new players that are willing to stick it out and see what true potential a game has, and also to know there are players that are patient and willing to teach new players.

For a game lacking any in-depth tutorial or instant gratification, the retention rate of new players is extremely low.

In a way it's good, only the more mature types tend to stick around (err, for the most part ), but then again, there's a lot of untapped potential when there's scarcely anyone online.

Thank you for taking the time to give detailed feedback from a fresh perspective, the old farts tend to be stuck in a rut and don't want nothin' changed, and have an excuse for almost anything

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.016423 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR