Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Boarding and Capturing Vessels
 Author Boarding and Capturing Vessels
Red Shirt
Captain

Posted: 2012-01-14 01:35   
I read the manual on this but so far I've had no luck with it at all. Of course, I am a total noob at this (and the game in general) so I am here to ask the rest of you if you would care to share any tips or tricks to making this work?

Do I need to knock out their engines somehow? Come at them from a certain angle so that my infantry can actually catch them? Are there certain types of ships more vulnerable than others? Is there some hidden tactic to pulling it off that I (obviously) don't know about yet?

Your help is appreciated.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-14 02:39   
dont drop ur inf until you are 20-100gu (depends of enemy ship size) in front of the flight path of ur target. in most cases after pressing unload ull see ur pods appear way behind u. to prevent enemy from PD ur pods, the pods need to appear on top of enemy after u unload them. thats the 20-100 gu for. 100 gu gets more depending on ur desynch to server.

btw there are old threads with more tips. some say dont open f2 but it didnt help my rates go up. some say keep enemy targetted till cap, some say dont keep enemy selected. some say stay close to the enemy ship ur cappin, some say just drop ur inf and go back to planet for more. some say damage the enemy ship a bit, although most of my caps where done on 100% ships.

my succes ratio is still only 10% though where veteran succes rate is 25% and up. i still suck at cappin...chloropryl has shown to have an extreme succes rate ask him for the difference between the myths and what works. none of the above has worked for me
[ This Message was edited by: Boerenkool on 2012-01-14 06:05 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-14 06:52   
After you've killed there infantry on there ship, the chances of you capping the ship ranges from i think 1% to 10--15% (might even be 8%) depending on the ship size.
The more inf you have the more chances you get to cap.

I don't think the more inf you have dropped on them increases the percentage of capping.
It more like each inf is a dice roll, more inf dropped, more dice rolls.

At least i think that's how it works.

Best technique would be a Point jump ontop of them, get on them or 20gu in front and drop, depending on if there moving or not.
If there moving, best to drop your speed, turn and run.
If they aren't moving turn and head in what ever direction there aft is.

You can only drop the number of inf = to the ships cargo hold.
Cruiser/Assault Dread = 4, you can only drop 4 inf.
Any more inf you drop get to drift into oblivion.

You can drop/reinforce the inf on the ship as they die.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-01-14 10:20 ]

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-14 09:00   
humm drop when directly over top of them. keeps them from beging PDed

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-14 10:16   
took me aprox 10-45 heavy inf to cap a pirate-station

for (my) best results drop inf while charging the enemy head on
this way the enemys lasers hit you instead while the troops crawl to their target
and the highest chance for them to reach their target is, when you drop your troops in the last moment

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-01-14 11:47   
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=52010&forum=13&start=15

not very old, but very useful. have a good time reading one of the more "gentlemanly" discussions on the DS forums

also, lvl 35 necromancers should be able to find such useful archives

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-14 19:22   
It's a small chance. Your infantry have to fight their way through the ship while the ships built in defence systems and its' crew/infantry fight them off. Then they actually need to fight their way to something valuable like the engine room or bridge.

[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *TO* on 2012-01-14 19:23 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-01-14 20:31   
hope this helps. use kluth if your not in a faction this will allow u to un cloak on top of them to drop you inf on, allso use elites or veteran inf they're stronger and will last longer. to get elite inf drop them on a hostile planet and pick them up when they get below 50% keep them until they heal up this shuol make them elites wich will capp planets and ships more. hope this is usefull.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-01-14 21:56   
when do we get some kind of capture indicator similar to the planet % captured indicator, it would be a good visual enhancement to see......
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-14 21:59   
Quote:

On 2012-01-14 21:56, Mack Bolan(GA)(WildCards_58th)®© wrote:
when do we get some kind of capture indicator similar to the planet % captured indicator, it would be a good visual enhancement to see......

Their is no control value for a ship like a planet. If you read my statement in the previous (and linked) thread you would understand how capturing works.

I don't know of any plans to switch it over to this kind of system either, if that is what you are trying to get at

Red Shirt
Captain

Posted: 2012-01-15 01:17   
Alright, so let's say I take an assault transport, play chicken with a target and drop all ten infantry right on top of them the moment before I pass, that should work then, right? Just an example of pure overkill, but I'd like to see it work with best odds before trying to up anything more challenging.

Also, it says in places that EMP weapons do component damage, so would they be a good choice to use for ship capture? I am thinking they should have at least some chance of slowing the target down via engine damage or something. Barring EMP weapons, if those don't work, are there any weapons that would be appropriate to the task of properly weakening a ship for capture?

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-15 01:36   
The Emp weapons only really start to work when their armour and shield is starting to go down. its better to plot a jump so you land on top of them, let them panic and beam alpha you than drop.

Edit: I just remembered this, disabling an engine doesn't affect their current speed, Just their acceleration and turn rate

[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *TO* on 2012-01-15 04:25 ]

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-15 05:49   
Quote:

On 2012-01-15 01:17, Red Shirt wrote:

Also, it says in places that EMP weapons do component damage, so would they be a good choice to use for ship capture?

in an inf fails its roll to cap a ship, it does system damage and/or hull damage. Current system damage doesnt influence the previous roll to capture a ship

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-15 17:06   
Quote:

On 2012-01-15 05:49, -Pinky- wrote:
Quote:

Also, it says in places that EMP weapons do component damage, so would they be a good choice to use for ship capture?

in an inf fails its roll to cap a ship, it does system damage and/or hull damage. Current system damage doesnt influence the previous roll to capture a ship

Exactly... and it only takes one inf getting a successful roll to cap. For instance someone could drop 6 inf on you, 5 fail the roll but the last guy gets a good roll. The ship gets capped.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-15 21:31   
Quote:

Alright, so let's say I take an assault transport, play chicken with a target and drop all ten infantry right on top of them the moment before I pass, that should work then, right? Just an example of pure overkill, but I'd like to see it work with best odds before trying to up anything more challenging.

a side note:
every ship have a max amount for boarding troops
any excess troops simply vanish when you drop them

Page created in 0.041748 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR