Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Escapor...still there
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Escapor...still there
Lazuli
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-16 04:49   

Escapor is still as annoying as ever.

My patience are starting to run out. We had players complaining about this annoying, unnecessary AI months ago and nothing has been done to it.

Can it really be so hard to remove it?

We have been complaining about it now for months!

It is already removed in Beta. How long can it take to remove it from the metaverse?

Why not just get it out of the way?

Please, I am sure more players than me will be grateful.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-16 05:13   
it will be removed as soon as beta releases, not sure when that happens though.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-16 06:17   
Quote:

On 2012-01-16 05:13, jimjim578 wrote:
it will be removed as soon as beta releases, not sure when that happens though.

Not that those releases don't take forever. I know games just like Darkspace just as small. They get updates every week. I suppose here we are too focused on dramatic changes rather than small fixes.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2012-01-16 06:19 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-01-16 08:24   
personally speaking,I just kill him or drive him off and go on with what Im doing.Not really a game breaker for me.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-16 09:27   
what's wrong with this escapor thing O_o... i'm a lobby camper so perhaps details on why he is so incredibly game breakingly frustrating

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-16 09:58   
Its the Luth Dictor.
It has been removed and it will vanish from the game at the next Patch.
Any an all changes are done trough patches and the development team is unable to quick-fix things of the game in such a manner.

@guyton and the rest who ask the question:
Yes the releases are far appart but that is because we have a different Development mandate then other games.
New releases are to be a batch of changes.
All those changes where possible has to have been tested for possible bugs in beta. Usually with help from the players to find other obstacles that may have been created.
All Coding changes need to be cleared as proper code and not just working code. This check is done by Faustus.

In addition it has been told over and over, all us developers are volunteers, as so it is unclear when we can contribute to adding new features. To put it mindly; This means most changes are colaberations of most developers who each did there own part individually and this may take up some days if not a few weeks before the change can be presentable in beta.

Hope this answers your question.
E

Riley!
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-16 13:16   
Quote:

On 2012-01-16 08:24, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
personally speaking,I just kill him or drive him off and go on with what Im doing.Not really a game breaker for me.

words of wisdom.

i think part of the problem is the development staff catered too often to what was originally a small group of people who complained about game features, basically enabling anybody to start QQ about whatever they didnt like about the game.

I think if the complaints stopped the devs might actually be able to focus on their development plans and we might actually see this game progress and grow rather than continually degress. just my opinion.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-16 17:11   
Remember people, It takes a while for the patches to arrive because this is a free game they're working on in their free time. Even Devs still need to eat.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-01-16 17:18   
respect to eledore for the reasonable explanation, unlike some of the.."gods" "replys".
wish there were more like him/her.

respect to fatal command for not crying over the escapor. he deals with it!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-16 18:05   
Hello, you can blame me for Escapor. Doran asked me to throw together some more elites and I couldn't think of anything for the K'luth one so I suggested Piercer. He did all the actual layouts, but it's all my fault for ever thinking that an elite Piercer would be fun to fight. (did anybody even read the history blurb for when he was released? wibble!)

Trivia: The name Escapor has nothing to do with Escape. I just realized that right now. It just sounded, uh, k'luthly, and I just went with it.

tl;dr: blame me and nobody else.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-16 19:31   
Quote:

On 2012-01-16 18:05, Fattierob wrote:
Hello, you can blame me for Escapor. Doran asked me to throw together some more elites and I couldn't think of anything for the K'luth one so I suggested Piercer. He did all the actual layouts, but it's all my fault for ever thinking that an elite Piercer would be fun to fight. (did anybody even read the history blurb for when he was released? wibble!)

Trivia: The name Escapor has nothing to do with Escape. I just realized that right now. It just sounded, uh, k'luthly, and I just went with it.

looked good on paper, but not so good ingame. Just glad to see the dev team realized they made a mistake and are now taking steps to fix the issue.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-01-16 19:38   
Quote:

I love you Frob. So you're the one behind the tool that we've been using to trap runners?

Anyway, switch the dude to a Scarab or something. Dixie Minato seems to be doing fine, so how about an Elite Scab?

Crim
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2012-01-16 19:54   
Quote:

I was blaming you for this absurdity anyways.

Now I blame you even more.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 05:01   
well...escapor's ai was well programmed. this little treasure could still guard the luth home system imo...although i liked the idea of a piercer elite, it less fun when escapor is just to be used every day in combination with martek in kaus, it can be a bummer.

an elite stinger seems fun to me, equipped with shrouds? still very very annoying for the enemy but hey, at least its not a piercer

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-01-17 06:40   
Quote:

On 2012-01-16 09:27, Trollestia wrote:
what's wrong with this escapor thing O_o... i'm a lobby camper so perhaps details on why he is so incredibly game breakingly frustrating

Escapor is the not so squishy, forever respawning, Kluth mobile ai Interdictor ship. Chances to die go sky high.

Kluth escape with jump and cloak, humans have to make far jumps and can be tracked more easy + Kluth Dread Jumpdrive reload are faster.

So dont know if its gamebraking, but Escapor ist just too crucial for an ai.
Humans die just a lot more where they actualy might have escaped, which is part of the fun.
Dieing frustrates them.^^

Imo Escaapor is good and fair for Kluth if they are outnumbered.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2012-01-17 06:54 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.034414 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR