Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Escapor...still there
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Escapor...still there
*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-01-17 07:26   
The Escapor isnt the only pain in the arse, the Martek is stupidly OP, player vs player, EAD vs Siphon the EAD should win if the Siphon doesnt cloak but place the Martek vs Rufus head on with no cloaking and no jumping the Martek will kill the Rufus twice over and still have full hull and most prob more then 50% armour, I think the people that actually take part in implimenting these changes need to get there fat butts in game and actually test them with us so they can see for themselfs, and dont say thats what beta is for, we all know the real test is release...

ICC should also have an elite AI dread.
[ This Message was edited by: *Nemesis*© on 2012-01-17 09:07 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 09:04   
Quote:

On 2012-01-17 07:26, *Nemesis*© wrote:
The Escapor isnt the only pain in the arse, the Martek is stupidly OP, player vs player, EAD vs Siphon the EAD should win if the Siphon doesnt cloak but place the Martek vs the ugto elite dread head on with no cloaking and no jumping the Martek will kill the ugto dread twice over and still have full hull and most prob more then 50% armour, I think the people that actually take part in implimenting these changes need to get there fat butts in game and actually test them with us so they can see for themselfs, and dont say thats what beta is for, we all know the real test is release...

Kaz does does have some firepower, but remember you got rufus. What does Icc have? We have... a not so amazing minelayer. Still trying to figure our how kaz kills eads eads twice over, guess the AD needs a nerf since it can kill both rufus and kaz fairly easily. .

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 13:39   
Ai elites shouldnt have been added in the 1st place. This is what i think. Spawning rate is way to fast and we get damaged before getting in a nice fight vs players thats what annoys me and alot of ppl .

Email *Flash*
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 20:22   
Quote:

On 2012-01-17 09:04, Ruthless Brutality wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-17 07:26, *Nemesis*© wrote:
The Escapor isnt the only pain in the arse, the Martek is stupidly OP, player vs player, EAD vs Siphon the EAD should win if the Siphon doesnt cloak but place the Martek vs the ugto elite dread head on with no cloaking and no jumping the Martek will kill the ugto dread twice over and still have full hull and most prob more then 50% armour, I think the people that actually take part in implimenting these changes need to get there fat butts in game and actually test them with us so they can see for themselfs, and dont say thats what beta is for, we all know the real test is release...

Kaz does does have some firepower, but remember you got rufus. What does Icc have? We have... a not so amazing minelayer. Still trying to figure our how kaz kills eads eads twice over, guess the AD needs a nerf since it can kill both rufus and kaz fairly easily. .

AD only works that good with a great pilot, and mods. Kaz and Espooper both repair at an insane rate

Email *FTL*Soulless
Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 20:48   
i can take a EAD and tear apart a MI LH. but i fear Kaz more than the MI. 3 Assalt Disruptors 6 fighters 8 normal disruptors and possible 8-4SI cant count them inpacts are to fast. but ingenral i have a unmodded EAD. i go for MI more than i do with Kaz.
5heavy PSI and 5 Plasna
[ This Message was edited by: Brony Jack on 2012-01-17 20:51 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-01-18 04:01   

Martek is fine.

Just give ICC an AD elite.

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-01-18 04:21   
Quote:

On 2012-01-17 13:39, Flash. wrote:
Ai elites shouldnt have been added in the 1st place. This is what i think. Spawning rate is way to fast and we get damaged before getting in a nice fight vs players thats what annoys me and alot of ppl .

+50

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-18 06:56   
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 04:01, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Martek is fine.

No kenny , Martek is not fine , this should be a pvp game not against AI...i agree we should have AI but not this many and when ppl log on a faction AI should be gone. Ai are lagging the game alot but some of ppl dont know this (ask anyone whos playing these days and see what they are saying) having a 5+5 combat+ AI is a hell now

Email *Flash*
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-18 09:55   
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 06:56, Flash. wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 04:01, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Martek is fine.

No kenny , Martek is not fine , this should be a pvp game not against AI...i agree we should have AI but not this many and when ppl log on a faction AI should be gone. Ai are lagging the game alot but some of ppl dont know this (ask anyone whos playing these days and see what they are saying) having a 5+5 combat+ AI is a hell now

Ai can be both good and bad. They help even out the game a bit when its 3v1 though it would be nice if the respawn rate or location changed so it would them longer to get back to the fight once they were destroyed.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-18 13:13   
I keep hearing that less combat AI spawn as playercount goes up per faction but it doesn't really seem like it's actually happening that way since you can have 6 players dragging 10+ AI along with them. If this was actually noticeable, like if they stop respawning entirely after a certain number of players are logged in, it would also go a long way to fix the issue with platforms deactivating and not repairing people because of too many AI.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-18 16:25   
Quote:
On 2012-01-18 13:13, Talien wrote:
it would also go a long way to fix the issue with platforms deactivating and not repairing people because of too many AI.

It's not an error, unfortunately. It's intended coding.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-01-18 22:21   
Faustus is in the process of changing the AI a lot. Not only is he adding a backend for the AI to connect to so they don't strain the actual server instances, but he's also making them smarter, and not just a little bit. They will be much harder to fight against and make much better decisions when fighting other players.

We'll also be addressing the concerns of many with the AI. We want the AI to be used as tools to create engagements and spice up the MV when it's not got a lot of players. When engagements break out, it makes sense to pull the AI back so that the players can have a more PvP experience.

We will most likely be removing the ability to tell the AI what to do, since they'll have much better situational awareness, and we don't want players doing what they do now and controlling insane levels of AI to do their own bidding.

There are changes in the works, and they will be slow to come (the reality of a game where all the help is voluntary), but I'm pretty sure you'll like the result.

As for Escapor, the change is in beta, but we have some things we need to do before we can push that to release.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-01-18 23:05   
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 22:21, Pantheon wrote:
Faustus is in the process of changing the AI a lot. Not only is he adding a backend for the AI to connect to so they don't strain the actual server instances, but he's also making them smarter, and not just a little bit. They will be much harder to fight against and make much better decisions when fighting other players.

We'll also be addressing the concerns of many with the AI. We want the AI to be used as tools to create engagements and spice up the MV when it's not got a lot of players. When engagements break out, it makes sense to pull the AI back so that the players can have a more PvP experience.

We will most likely be removing the ability to tell the AI what to do, since they'll have much better situational awareness, and we don't want players doing what they do now and controlling insane levels of AI to do their own bidding.

There are changes in the works, and they will be slow to come (the reality of a game where all the help is voluntary), but I'm pretty sure you'll like the result.

As for Escapor, the change is in beta, but we have some things we need to do before we can push that to release.

That all sounds great, especially the AI backend so they can do their thing without lagging the MV. AI with actual semblance of intelligence instead of the artificial idiots they are now would be icing on the cake.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-19 03:26   
Quote:

On 2012-01-18 22:21, Pantheon wrote:

YES!

/me puts the beam of hapyness back into the shed since it is no longer required

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-01-19 07:04   
Quote:

Wouldn't that also mean that I can't tell the AI engis to get away from the locked planet I'm working on and instead take care of other planets in the scenario? ._.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027312 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR