Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Can someone fill me in?
 Author Can someone fill me in?
Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-16 22:12   
Hi everyone , ive been away for over a year now and was wondering if yous can fill me in on all the new updates glitches etc so that when i eventually return i know what to expect.

Thanks, Painfulangel

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-16 22:49   
Quote:

On 2012-01-16 22:12, Painfulangel wrote:
Hi everyone , ive been away for over a year now and was wondering if yous can fill me in on all the new updates glitches etc so that when i eventually return i know what to expect.

Thanks, Painfulangel

dev log has most of the new stuff. other than that, ask in the lobby and im sure sombody will help you.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-17 04:53   
hija angel, wb.

a year huh well lemme see.

icc got boosted, nerfed, boosted, nerfed and boosted a bit. same for ugto and luth.

map layout changed. most fights are in 1 system kalled kaus. 30% of cases enemy goes trough a gate in kaus to check dres-kona, tetra or r33. in rare occaisions u see ships elsewhere.

cloak got changed, eccm doesnt increase decloak time that much anymore. ecm doesnt speed it up that much. ship layouts got changed, the krill is no longer used. mandable is mid range assault ship. command dread of uggies fires loads op torps and mines. gauss is almost useless as a weapon now.

i think those are the important ones

Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-01-17 10:50   
Reading the devlog could help but there's alot of information in there, and some of it was "undone" like not being able to use HCL for PD (you still can)

In general the largest and most important change (read the devlog for the mundane) is that ships are more specialized now. Assault ships are just that, assault focused. Defensive ships are more defensive. The stations show this most clearly, the support classes have a "repair field" and long range "stay out of range" missiles with few weapons. Battle station classes have tons of core weapons, massive amounts of Hvy beams and no long range weaponry. (they also no longer have repair drones)

The focus is on using more specialized ships to win effectivly. Dreads for isntance can't take out fighters on thier own anymore (the fighters stay out of beam range of thier target) So you need quick and agile point defense ships to help mitigate their damage.

Also, not sure when it was implimented, but the way planets are capped/bombed has been completly changed as well.

Honestly, the best way is just to get into the game and experience the changes for yourself.

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Page created in 0.010538 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR