Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » a temperary fix...es
 Author a temperary fix...es
johnthedrummer92
Commander

Posted: 2012-01-18 01:09   
in this time of lack in players i have an idea. i do know of the devs all being volunteers so actually i dont see this happening soon. so at least give me some thoughts on the following:

1. Wing man system
I. different then ordering ai to aid in the respect that you (excuse the pun) order them upon launching and select ship type
a. i dont really know what that would do to the server but epic battles could more often take place with more fighting ships around
b. limit types to suply and transport so taking planets while alone is easier with being maxed out in rank
c. as i said before different from ordering ai also because they could be dedicated to you and you alone and never get totally lost in transit

2. hold a challenge/event/giveaway where players invite friends and get referals from noob buddies ultimatley competing for a worth while prize

3. make an out of game application type widget that lets you see the current map and faction control standing on facebook
(because lets face it we all have a few friends who want to be the best and dominate everyone) and it can not be as an actual app i know thats what i called it but most people ignore those...if possible it should work as a banner for any one to see on your profile.

like i said these things might be impossible to expect out of volunteers at the moment but i really respect that and would love to help

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-18 02:21   
any ship would max out its number of wingmen then attack a lone player on the other faction, also maxed out in wingmen. it completely eredicated ai functionality as an active factor in an inactive faction

also this thread is in the wrong place...

welcome to darkspace!

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-18 08:10   
1.Will these wingmen cost credits? Because if they do, there's already a way you can buy AI. You can select the ship class but the type you get in that class is random. So you could get an assault ship, or a completely unarmed carrier. These AI follow you around for a bit, fight enemies they can see, then vanish after a bit of time. But being able to give them better orders would be nice.

2. hmmm an invite event... The real trick is to get them past that learning curve so they keep playing.

3. State of the MV

PS. Hello and welcome to Darkspace.
PPS. English (General) might of been a better place for this

[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *TO* on 2012-01-18 08:18 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

johnthedrummer92
Commander

Posted: 2012-01-18 13:26   
sweet guys and thanks for the info and the welcomes

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-01-18 22:22   
Those temporary fixes you are suggesting would take more time to impliment than it would take to finish what we have in the pipeline now.

Events are nice, and I'll try to get the event team back and running (it's been a want of mine since I became admin, and I'm now in a possition to try and make it happen).

Referals are also great, but could easily be abused in a F2P system - we may look at doing some reward in the future, but we have a lot more we need to do.

Again with the application, all the spare time we have is spent on making the game better, and although I'm working on an Android lobby app the realistic answer is, it probably won't happen (no matter how cool it would be).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-01-18 22:25 ]

Red Shirt
Captain

Posted: 2012-01-19 13:36   
This reminds me of something I saw a while ago. A top ranker cruising around in his station, as they are wont to do, and he had at least eight AI ships in tow with him. This effectively made him neigh invulnerable, obviously.

Now the way I understand it, giving an AI orders (such as follow & defending yourself) is simply a matter of outranking them. Simple enough, but where does it end? There does not appear to be any kind of functional cap on how many ships a person can have under their control at any time.

So what if we expanded the current system into something more realistic and balanced? My idea is thus:

Instead of flat "My Rank > AI Rank" we instead have Command Points based off rank. Each rank will give a certain amount of command points, and controlling an AI ship will cost a certain amount as well. The end result is that players would have to choose between bossing around one or two big ships, or having a fleet of smaller, weaker ships - but not both.

Just my two cents.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-19 14:02   
i dont think thats handy, would allow only a large number of players to command a large number of ai...contradicting the purpose

Page created in 0.012943 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR