No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MI-just before bed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author MI-just before bed
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-24 16:39   
Quote:

On 2012-01-23 15:32, Fluttershy wrote:
Those nodes are just rediculous. One jumped on me, and I would have died in one burst if I hadn't spread the damage over two sides.

It completely erased two arcs of reflective armor and hulled me to 20% while flying a cruiser.... IN ONE SHOT

actualy.... those nodes doesnt have a uber-death-laser

they have something around 20 laser, all in the center (and afaik full arc)

thats why they easily blast through any armor

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-24 17:15   
If it is an array of 20 some lasers, does that mean that with the new version the lasers will individually sweep across your ship?

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-24 18:47   
Quote:

On 2012-01-24 17:15, Fluttershy wrote:
If it is an array of 20 some lasers, does that mean that with the new version the lasers will individually sweep across your ship?

pretty lights!!! gonna have to that when beta is released.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-24 19:50   
Quote:

On 2012-01-24 17:15, Fluttershy wrote:

sounds pretty epic
20 beams from all over the ship move to its center and then the ship go boom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxMd93aCvd0&feature=related

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-01-24 20:31   
Kinda funny, I've been within 7gu of a node multiple times and it's never fired beams at me.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

johnthedrummer92
Commander

Posted: 2012-01-24 20:47   
maybe it doesnt like you lol

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-25 00:15   
They love me though... Out of 30 ships, they decided to jump right on top of me....
Even though my reflexes were almost instant, the delay on the server was long enough to get me down to a shred of health

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-25 16:07   
Quote:

On 2012-01-24 20:31, Persistance wrote:
Kinda funny, I've been within 7gu of a node multiple times and it's never fired beams at me.

I've killed a damaged node with a nymph before because it refused to fire on me. I was such a noob at the time that I thought it was a moon-base and I was killing it.

P.S. This was a long time ago, when the hitrings for the node were much bigger, so I think I got some help from a couple of MI ais by hiding under the node's hitrings, just in case someone wants to call BS on me killing a node in a frigate.

Quote:

On 2012-01-25 00:15, Fluttershy wrote:
They love me though... Out of 30 ships, they decided to jump right on top of me....
Even though my reflexes were almost instant, the delay on the server was long enough to get me down to a shred of health

They are nodes; They do that. They are the single most powerful unit you are going to get fighting you aside from a uber modded player ship. Accordingly, you have to treat them very carefully - I recommend a dico to keep them from pointjumping your frail little ship and annihilating it in seconds. If you don't like an enemy ship that you actually have to be afraid of, then what's exactly the point of having enemies supposed to be?

[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator |SoT| on 2012-01-25 16:09 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-25 19:16   
na... theyre usually out of energy when they jump you..... or after their first shot

something that anoys me about the mis are their ion-cannon/torpedoes with a >2500 gu range

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-25 20:28   
The following is spoken as a player, not a Dev.

It was something that just randomly popped into my brain honestly.

If I were to expand the idea a bit...

Well I think that if we have a PvE aspect of a game here to stay, and we already have an entire section of the galaxy devoted to "PvE", I don't see why not, as the MI do represent the biggest threat to all three factions.

Going into MI space would set all players as allies. Considering the current difficulty of MI ships, I don't see why they would need to be buffed.

Captured worlds become Allied worlds, once all the planets in a system have been captured, MI stop spawning in that system. This continues to occur until all MI worlds are conquered (a designated MI homeworld being somehow uncapturable until the last), in which case after recieving a reward, everyone gets punted to the ship select screen and the zone is locked until the next day when the servers go down for maintenence.

Every system would have a designated Elite (or elites) guaranteed to drop blues or purple.

The MI homesystem would have a final boss of sorts, which would drop a purple every time.

Considering that prestige gain is so low against AI, it would be nice if there was a mechanic that lowered prestige loss while in MI territory. Don't know how that might work though.

Altogether, something to do when people don't feel like shooting each other and taking on new and interesting challenges.

But I am ultimately doubtful even with support, such a thing would become reality, as Darkspace has few resources as it is.

-Ent

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-25 20:42   
Quote:

On 2012-01-25 20:28, Enterprise wrote:
The following is spoken as a player, not a Dev.

It was something that just randomly popped into my brain honestly.

If I were to expand the idea a bit...

Well I think that if we have a PvE aspect of a game here to stay, and we already have an entire section of the galaxy devoted to "PvE", I don't see why not, as the MI do represent the biggest threat to all three factions.

Going into MI space would set all players as allies. Considering the current difficulty of MI ships, I don't see why they would need to be buffed.

Captured worlds become Allied worlds, once all the planets in a system have been captured, MI stop spawning in that system. This continues to occur until all MI worlds are conquered (a designated MI homeworld being somehow uncapturable until the last), in which case after recieving a reward, everyone gets punted to the ship select screen and the zone is locked until the next day when the servers go down for maintenence.

Every system would have a designated Elite (or elites) guaranteed to drop blues or purple.

The MI homesystem would have a final boss of sorts, which would drop a purple every time.

Considering that prestige gain is so low against AI, it would be nice if there was a mechanic that lowered prestige loss while in MI territory. Don't know how that might work though.

Altogether, something to do when people don't feel like shooting each other and taking on new and interesting challenges.

But I am ultimately doubtful even with support, such a thing would become reality, as Darkspace has few resources as it is.

-Ent

That sounds very very nice and with the devs plate full enough as it is you are right but.... one day...one day perhaps this could happen.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-25 21:49   
Quote:

so basically a raid-instance for all players (in wow-terms)

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-01-26 03:05   
There was this fleet called "PSI" Portugese Space Invaders, when they were Kluth they managed to capture large parts of Procyon.
The way they have done it was basicly with capturing Nodes ( ;

Some players dont like to fight AI whatsoever

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-01-26 19:54   
correct me if im wrong but someone from team germany did it alone (some time ago)

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-01-27 01:16   
Quote:

On 2012-01-25 21:49, NoBoDx wrote:
Quote:

so basically a raid-instance for all players (in wow-terms)

Thats generally the idea.

I don't really see why not, the in-game lore, and design of the map and AI already kind of supports it. Might as well include some kind of goal and direction.

And comon, who doesn't like the idea of UGTO, ICC, and Kluth teaming up together in an ultimate fight against the big baddies?

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021393 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR