Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » latest beta - need clarification (new cloak)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author latest beta - need clarification (new cloak)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:23   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 14:52, Ululo. wrote:

It's been 3 days since the idea was introduced and we're still tweaking it. Try to contribute something to the debate isntead of just complaining and lambasting the developers for no reason. It comes off as childish and tends to weaken the position you're trying to help.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:57   
Quote:

The primary driving force behind this change is to make the game fair to all. Pinging is not a suitable counter to cloaking, it's more a effect of how the cloak could lag against the signature changes and was quite subject to lag.

I do plan to pull out the damage to drives & reactors... since I do think that was going a bit overboard after some testing and feedback.

-F

Goto the website of Faustus
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:59   
Quote:

On 2012-02-02 20:16, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
2) ECCM and ECM effects are equaled to make them counterparts of each other. And K'luth small ships get loaded with more ECMs to make them actually useful as EW ships.

That's really the best option. Right now ECM is just plain useless, you need 3-4 ships to be able to use it effectively in combat but with 3-4 ships in close proximity you end up with plenty of FF even with Scouts.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 22:09   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 15:57, Faustus wrote:
Quote:

The primary driving force behind this change is to make the game fair to all. Pinging is not a suitable counter to cloaking, it's more a effect of how the cloak could lag against the signature changes and was quite subject to lag.

I do plan to pull out the damage to drives & reactors... since I do think that was going a bit overboard after some testing and feedback.

-F

i dont mind, if my engines / generators etc blow up if i run out of energy
but im afraid that the immense energy-need (for cruiser and above) will make any sneak-attacks impossible

i have some serious energy problems already on live-server and a backup-fleet of ewar-ships wont make any difference

see my last post:
-let all luth-ship reg energy while cloaked, at base-sig and not moving faster that x% of max speed (maybe 50 or 40%)
-more ecm allows the ships to fly faster but limed at sig=0 for 75% max speed
- more eccm limit the max speed at 25% max-speed capped at base sig x2

the numbers might be tweaked

if those numbers aint capped we might have situations where luth cant engage any target

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-04 03:47   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 15:59, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-02 20:16, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
2) ECCM and ECM effects are equaled to make them counterparts of each other. And K'luth small ships get loaded with more ECMs to make them actually useful as EW ships.

That's really the best option. Right now ECM is just plain useless, you need 3-4 ships to be able to use it effectively in combat but with 3-4 ships in close proximity you end up with plenty of FF even with Scouts.

Yep. U equalize the EW, and put more EW in the small ships and Kluth will automatically have to field small countersensor ships.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-04 07:21   
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 03:47, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Yep. U equalize the EW, and put more EW in the small ships and Kluth will automatically have to field small countersensor ships.

I'd prefer ECCM to have a longer range, purely for the fact that K'Luth can maneuver in perfect cloak and stay close to the other ships with far more ease.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-04 12:25   
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 07:21, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 03:47, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I'd prefer ECCM to have a longer range, purely for the fact that K'Luth can maneuver in perfect cloak and stay close to the other ships with far more ease.

What is the current difference in ECM/ECCM range n performance?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-04 13:00   
Quote:

On 2012-02-04 07:21, Pantheon wrote:

I remember you mentioned having the Interdictor gadget lower max speed while it's active, so why not do something similar for Cloak instead of messing with EW even more? 75% max speed while cloaked would be plenty. That way if people suspect an ambush is around they'd just need to increase speed and unless they fly right into the cloaked luth, which would be entirely possible since ping would no longer work, they're pretty well safe.

Quote:

On 2012-02-04 12:25, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
What is the current difference in ECM/ECCM range n performance?

The range seems to be comparable right now, but ECCM is over 2x as strong.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-04 23:06   
[quote]
On 2012-02-04 13:00, Talien wrote:
Quote:

The range seems to be comparable right now, but ECCM is over 2x as strong.

That was more of my concern.

Range is one thing, but strength or effectiveness is quite another. If ECCM range is, say, 400 and ECM is 200, and one-for-one I can cancel it out if I get within 200, that's fine.

But if the strength and range is halved, then there is no parity. They were originally counterparts of each other.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-02-05 08:32   
new conclusion to beta cloaking systems.
totally messed up!

no matter how massive sig i have, it does not effect cloak drain.
going full speed in dread (gangi and mandy) power loss almost noticable.

we also put up some sensor plats and at the times it seem cloak was broken. i had 0.1 sig and others saw me. that mostly happend when i was closer than 50gu.
no matter how many eccm was in the area, i didnt loose any energy.

devs should play too sometimes...
[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2012-02-05 08:32 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-05 08:41   
Quote:

On 2012-02-05 08:32, Ravendark wrote:
new conclusion to beta cloaking systems.
totally messed up!

no matter how massive sig i have, it does not effect cloak drain.
going full speed in dread (gangi and mandy) power loss almost noticable.

we also put up some sensor plats and at the times it seem cloak was broken. i had 0.1 sig and others saw me. that mostly happend when i was closer than 50gu.
no matter how many eccm was in the area, i didnt loose any energy.

devs should play too sometimes...

It's called 'BETA' for a reason.

Reporting it's not working is one thing, telling us to play does absolutely nothing, because we do play, and the server in question in which you're complaining about is a server in which ongoing and constant work is done - things will break. I would suggest looking up the term 'beta' in reference to software.

Comments like these make me out-right want to delete posts. They do nothing but annoy those who give their time freely and willingly to make this game better, and are nothing but fictitious.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-02-05 08:48 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.016303 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR