No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +13.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Fighters
 Author Fighters
Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-13 15:27   
Ok im confused a bit, which is better interceptor fighters or assault fighters. I know assault fighters are supposed to be better but i always seem to lose agains interceptors, why is that?

Email Alzek15
Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-13 16:52   
interceptors kill assault fighters

assault fighters kill ships

bombers kill planets

and those recon fighters, well.... they r useless

Email Rebel Retribution
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-13 17:39   
Interceptors don't kill Assault Fighters, there's currently no patrol or defend options for Fighters so they work the same as the AFs and just fly to the target, fire, and break off for another pass.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-13 17:41   
NOOOOO!! you can manualy target and lauch interceptors to shoot down enemy Fighters missles. ect ect ect. it is esscentialy a PD that you must target. if it had a secondary Command like PD Patrol or something like that it would be nice and very very usefull.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-13 19:40   
Except that means you have to sit there and launch, then recall the instant the target fighter/missile is destroyed, then sit and wait to launch at the next wave. It'd be far more efficient to grab a PD ship and just fly along the path the enemy is launching the fighters/missiles along.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-13 21:18   
It can also depend on your armour... If you're using ablative armour the beams will hurt more...

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-02-14 05:15   
Quote:

On 2012-02-13 21:18, Loyalty *TO* wrote:
It can also depend on your armour... If you're using ablative armour the beams will hurt more...

beams wont hurt more, you just wont be able to repair armor without supply ships.

@alzek assault fighters are good vs big ships, and interceptors good vs small ships and fighters. but fighters right now are difficult to get benefits from, and in a carrier ship you risk being killed by frigates or ai ships.

when comparing the two fighters two important things are damage and accuracy. one assault fighter's damage on its each run may be more than that of 4 interceptor fighters. but interceptor fighter attacks cannot be dodged, so a couple of interceptors may kill a scout which 8 assaults couldnt kill.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-14 05:35   
Quote:

On 2012-02-13 19:40, Talien wrote:
Except that means you have to sit there and launch, then recall the instant the target fighter/missile is destroyed, then sit and wait to launch at the next wave. It'd be far more efficient to grab a PD ship and just fly along the path the enemy is launching the fighters/missiles along.

No. Once the Target Fighter/missle is destroyed it automaticly begins to return to base. and you only have to Manualy Recall them if you wan tot Force it to switch targets. i play around in scen and i sometimes use that Escourt Carrier agianst a UGTO Carrier dread and i try to help me new teammates keep fighters off them and make it easyer on them. and The PD does work and you can drop enemy Fighters faster than they can lauch if they dont have a Aggy or a Command Station.

Or Intercptors themselves. then its even
[ This Message was edited by: Brony on 2012-02-14 05:37 ]

Page created in 0.017394 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR