Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I'm scratching my head x2
 Author I'm scratching my head x2
jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-14 13:13   
Well, this game is really good. But i'm a bit bored with just jumping into the MV with a dread or doing engi in scenario. sure, I can make around 400 prestige doing either of the above. And it's quite productive. but i really like team play and feel there is alot of the game that i'm missing out on.

So could some UGTO players please contact through privrate messages or this post so we can organize a raid or whatever you call it.

This game has a lot of potential, and if we can get a decent fleet together, we could have alot of fun.

P.S. could any UGTO players who live in the UK please tell me what time of day they are on so I can come on and play with you

Jacen

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-14 17:06   
Unfortunately the playerbase of DS is very small, and it is indeed true that it is much more fun when you play with other people, but the problem is that those people just aren't there. Usually there are enough on between all servers at any given time to have a good couple of flying partners, but gone are the days that the number of those players is very high. The best thing for you to do is to go attack the MI: they are tough as crap, always there, and provide an acceptable menace to be interesting. A K'luth group a while ago called the Portugese Space Invaders successfully captured most of the MI territory on their own, so it is possible. For this you should probably make a clan with the express intention of going to mess around with the MI.

If you want to do "raids" against players you won't have much luck. More likely that not you will be faced by long times spent invading home servers and either totally dominating the defenders, or getting likewise dominated yourselves.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-15 00:31   
you dont need just some players on your side, you also need some on the enemys side
thats the problem

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-02-15 04:14   
+1 nodobocx

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-15 14:03   
the map is too big, seems liek the less player there is, the bigger the maps become

jsut make it smaller so its almost liek instant action ^^

i wish....
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-15 15:17   
Quote:

On 2012-02-15 14:03, Zero28 wrote:
the map is too big, seems liek the less player there is, the bigger the maps become

i wish....

damn right!!!

Email *Flash*
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-15 15:50   
Play more scen, the maps there are plenty small enough for instant action.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-15 18:50   
Quote:

On 2012-02-15 15:17, Flash. wrote:
Quote:

i wish....

damn right!!!

I just want to address this point for a moment...

And I really, really hope everyone reads this because its pretty damn valid.

Every single time this topic comes up, eventually the team gets around to trimming down the MV to make it smaller.

And every single time it gets made smaller, the next day there are million posts about how they want a big huge MV to play in.

And then a big huge MV is made and then are a bunch of posts about how its too big and you can't find anyone.

I've come to the conclusion that not a single person has a clue as to what they really want.

Personally, yes the MV should be smaller. Smaller MV means people are more focused in one place and combat occurs more frequently.

But every time this happens, suddenly its a bad thing and we don't want to find each other in a big vast MV for whatever reason tends to come out (I want more planets to build on even though they're already built! I want to bomb planets without being harassed!) Or whatever.

If you want a smaller MV be prepared to stick with it, but Im sure certain Devs get tired of changing the map every month or two because of an indecisive playerbase.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-15 23:35   
Somehow agree with Ent.

The MV is too big? The devs put in controllable AI. Then the QQ begins with some ppl complaining that some dude with an AI fleet took over a planet, or managed to fight off him and his 3 buddies. Then someone else complains that AI are stupid and don't do anything. Or another dude says that he can't do anything when he's alone in the MV and needs AI support. And then the MV is too big. And then the MV is too small. And then this, and then that. And then whatever.

And so, to paraphrase the boys from Boston.

"You can't please everybody, but everybody cannot please me"
"If you don't like what you see here, get the funk out"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqP76XWHQI0&ob=av3e

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-02-15 23:35 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-16 01:14   
Quote:

On 2012-02-15 18:50, Enterprise wrote:
Im sure certain Devs get tired of changing the _INSERT ANYTHING HERE_ every month or two because of an indecisive playerbase.

jacensolo
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-16 14:05   
well thanks all for your responces. I didn't want to start a negative thread. I might join a clan or spam in the lobby for people to join the MV

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-16 19:12   
Quote:

On 2012-02-16 01:14, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

Im sure certain Devs get tired of changing the _INSERT ANYTHING HERE_ every month or two because of an indecisive playerbase.

why dont you just add 2 metaverse-maps ?
one big, one small
and cycle every week or so =D

Xpander
Chief Marshal
Portuguese Space Invaders

Posted: 2012-02-16 23:58   
Quote:

On 2012-02-14 17:06, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Unfortunately the playerbase of DS is very small, and it is indeed true that it is much more fun when you play with other people, but the problem is that those people just aren't there. Usually there are enough on between all servers at any given time to have a good couple of flying partners, but gone are the days that the number of those players is very high. The best thing for you to do is to go attack the MI: they are tough as crap, always there, and provide an acceptable menace to be interesting. A K'luth group a while ago called the Portugese Space Invaders successfully captured most of the MI territory on their own, so it is possible. For this you should probably make a clan with the express intention of going to mess around with the MI.

If you want to do "raids" against players you won't have much luck. More likely that not you will be faced by long times spent invading home servers and either totally dominating the defenders, or getting likewise dominated yourselves.

Hey to all

Im one of the Portuguese Space Invaders , and back then we cap and keep almost all MI territory for about 1 week or 2 .....

Fisrt of all , only Kluth can do that because of the cloack
(any other faction would have to destroy everything)

secondlly , In home systems , dont spawn our faction AI ships , so everyday we caped all MI AI ships to help mantain the territory

In procyon , we mostlly worked with trannies and engis only ...

My dream was to fly an MI LongHead or Node =)

Hugo

Zero28
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-17 12:57   
Quote:

Quote:

On 2012-02-15 15:17, Flash. wrote:
Quote:

i wish....

damn right!!!

I just want to address this point for a moment...

And I really, really hope everyone reads this because its pretty damn valid.

Every single time this topic comes up, eventually the team gets around to trimming down the MV to make it smaller.

And every single time it gets made smaller, the next day there are million posts about how they want a big huge MV to play in.

And then a big huge MV is made and then are a bunch of posts about how its too big and you can't find anyone.

I've come to the conclusion that not a single person has a clue as to what they really want.

Personally, yes the MV should be smaller. Smaller MV means people are more focused in one place and combat occurs more frequently.

But every time this happens, suddenly its a bad thing and we don't want to find each other in a big vast MV for whatever reason tends to come out (I want more planets to build on even though they're already built! I want to bomb planets without being harassed!) Or whatever.

If you want a smaller MV be prepared to stick with it, but Im sure certain Devs get tired of changing the map every month or two because of an indecisive playerbase.

-Ent

i never got to see this "smaller MV" but yeai do get your point. The MV shoudl be according to what the game should be, not the players want it to be

Reasons like wanting to bomb planets without beign harrased kills the whole point of the game, cmon yur not in there to farm points , yur in there to fight with your team and win,

you wanan buuild planet,s ahve the teamates bomb an enemy oen and build, rinse and repeat

So is it for the game? or for the players?
at this point im almost on the verge of aksing, "Whats the goal of the game anyway now?"
19:33:51 [ZION]GothThug {C?}: "Zero..you are DS's hero"

Page created in 0.022045 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR