No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Shield Changes (TESTING AHOY)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author New Shield Changes (TESTING AHOY)
Rebel Retribution
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 02:47   
I second that.
- There are still a lot of aspects of the new shields that I would like to test.

I also think another shield type might be in order. One that provides base resistances (like standard armor) with the hp and recharge rate somewhere in between actives and reactives.

Email Rebel Retribution
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:21   
Frob, go post the second draft or something.

There's a third shield type (tentative) called "Skirmisher", and its durability VS Kinetic is far out of whack with the other shield types.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:28   
I have set an event to start Friday midnight until Monday midnight bi-weekly. This should encourage people to get into beta and test during those days.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:30   
That's perfect, it should hopefully get you guys a lot of feedback.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:51   
Off Topic:
EMP does full damage to armor and no bonus to shields? O.o

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:57   
Quote:

On 2012-02-19 11:51, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Off Topic:
EMP does full damage to armor and no bonus to shields? O.o

Amusingly the new changes introduce shield resistance to EMP at the cost of resistance to Energy weapons. (Somehow, it feels like a losing trade...)

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 14:51   
Hi everybody, i just tested the new icc shields i have a few observation that i hope it will help in the release of the new patch, first of all i agree with the icc members active shields and reactive should keep the current properties ( active shield as it is now) otherwise icc would be more and more similar to ugto, a thing i know most icc player dont want, i love the increase of def and renegeneration in the 3 types of shields, specialy in the aux shield because in the old patch the aux shield was almost useless ( at best it cover 1 or 2 shots from the oponent) now its a good viable option but i think it should have a small power cost just for logic and to avoid an unbalance in battle, the more shields you have the more power it consume, but as i said the power consuption should be considerably low . This will make the player think what do i want a nice power flow allowing me to fight without running out of power or do i want more def to withstand more incoming fire? plus this question comes other one as important and that complement the other one, do i want speed or power generation? do i choose pfe drive or ei drive etc?, players will have more options to choose for the ships and to custom to there chosing.
About the reactive shield i know just a few players use it specialy with ships like the missile dread, i think they should be just a little more efective against close weapons to give a chance to the player to react to a jump atack and be able to run, in the present patch u can be easyly be killed is you dont react fast to that kind of atack.
In the common goal to achieve a balance of faction i think there should be a few key changes in icc, beacuse a think ugto and kluth are balance ( except the new cloak i believe the power cost is too great and limits a lot the kluth strategy).
First icc is suppose to be the fast and long range faction, well we shoul have a little more velocity and thrust like a 6% to a 10% increase, second ower FTL jump should recharge 5 sec faster and for last the shields increase already done. I believe this should balance the factions and give to icc a nice tactical variety to use.
And fighters should fly within the pulse shield and the pd or the both will be useless, iam not talking to fly right to the ship but from time to time enter the pulse shields range to give the oponent a chance to def himself.
to finish the matter of eccm/ecm, i liked very much the new varieties it add more options to the player and a little more complecity to the game, i wouldn´t chance a thing of them.
I hope this helps the admins and i apologize for my english its a little bit rusty.

PD: for beta you should add more ai dreads ,a lot more, to make it easyer to test the new updates even without other players arrond. i had a hard time finding people to test the shields etc.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.012117 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR