Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ICC Dreds
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author ICC Dreds
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:11   
Okay so im only a Vice admiral and ICC has in my opinion No ships till you reach Admiral and it sucks that the only ships you have at Vice Adm. is the Assault Cruiser and Missile Dred. while the Assault cruiser is powerful not enough to kill skilled Dreds or even cruisers and the Missile dred really is not good at all since 10/10 times enemy ships Jump you and well you die
so i ask any DS Developer to give serious thought about adding a new dred at Vice Adm. focused around CQ combat or lowering the Combat Dred lvl to Vice Adm. And while on the topic of ICC Dreds i ask to other remove or give a serious buff to the Command dred because it does not give justice to itself to only have fighters and lasers so can you also add core weapons or cannons in replace of a few lasers keep all the fighters but since the Uggies Carrier Dred is incredibly good at Fighters Operations and packing some punch i think ICC should get that for the command dred

Post whatever ideas anyone else has
Lets get this in front of the Developers eyes
and Long Live ICC
[ This Message was edited by: GunsOfHonor on 2012-02-18 20:15 ]

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:14   
As much as i would like the return of the Swiss-Army Knife CC... these changes were made to encourage teamwork... Missiles ships and Carriers are meant to stay out of direct combat. We would have a Carrier Dread with a larger that can build if the CC gets weapons

UGTO don't get their Battle Dread until they Hit FA... and they need a defense medal as well to get it.

[ This Message was edited by: Loyalty *TO* on 2012-02-18 20:17 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:18   
Yes its meant to encourage teamwork but if your behind your team and the enemy jumps you there stuck back there while he's whaling on you so i mean ICC needs a ship a Vice that is worth using
plus yea the UGTO Battle dred is at Fleet Adm but the Carrier dred is a very capable ship where as the ICC ships arent till Adm

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:24   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 20:18, GunsOfHonor wrote:
but if your behind your team and the enemy jumps you there stuck back there while he's whaling on you so i mean ICC needs a ship a Vice that is worth using

Unless they are using a dictor, you're not "stuck there".. always have an escape route. Then the attacking ship doesn't get you and takes a pounding fom the other ships because now he's stuck in a dictor or waiting for his JD.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:30   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 20:24, Loyalty *TO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 20:18, GunsOfHonor wrote:
but if your behind your team and the enemy jumps you there stuck back there while he's whaling on you so i mean ICC needs a ship a Vice that is worth using

Unless they are using a dictor, you're not "stuck there".. always have an escape route. Then the attacking ship doesn't get you and takes a pounding fom the other ships because now he's stuck in a dictor or waiting for his JD.

yea your right they could have a dictor but lets be honest the odds of the team having a dictor is unlikely because its just not a ship that is used often because its only good for its dictor and if the enemy ship kills the dictor quickly it is a waste of ships so i feel the arguments invalid
[ This Message was edited by: GunsOfHonor on 2012-02-18 20:30 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-18 21:14   
The Command Carrier is not a fighter ship in the same sense that the Agincourt or Carrier Dread are, so it will not be receiving any changes to bring it closer to that - nor will it receive any core weapons...

The other factions get similar ships at similar ranks, so you're not gaining anything more or less.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-18 21:44   
I'm a VA, and I wish that the CD was at VA so I wouldn't have to earn all that pres

Seriously, use a cruiser. A HC usually does the trick.

Also, the AC is one of my favorite ships.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 21:48   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 21:14, Pantheon wrote:
The Command Carrier is not a fighter ship in the same sense that the Agincourt or Carrier Dread are, so it will not be receiving any changes to bring it closer to that - nor will it receive any core weapons...

The other factions get similar ships at similar ranks, so you're not gaining anything more or less.

Pantheon UGTO get the Carrier Dred at Vice and is a very powerful weapons platform in long and mid range where as ICC has no power in the mid-ish range the missile cruiser is fine if you keep your enemy at range but not at close obviously and the Assault Cruiser is decent up close but not the durability to hold up against dreds
in terms of the command carrier your right its not the same but its very weak all it can do is build and launch fighter basically while this can be advantages it needs cannons or something

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 22:54   
luth dont even get a dread at va

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-18 23:21   
Quote:

Just wondering if we will get a different setup when the aura's are released. I'd rather not be flying a defenceless ship to use the aura effect while the other two factions get ships with guns. Just a thought

Quote:
Pantheon UGTO get the Carrier Dred at Vice and is a very powerful weapons platform in long and mid range where as ICC has no power in the mid-ish range the missile cruiser is fine if you keep your enemy at range but not at close obviously and the Assault Cruiser is decent up close but not the durability to hold up against dreds
in terms of the command carrier your right its not the same but its very weak all it can do is build and launch fighter basically while this can be advantages it needs cannons or something

The uggie carrier not that powerfull at all. I can easily take one down in about any one of icc's combat cruisers. If it tries to go 1v1 with pretty much any dread, its as good as dead as well. Our power at long/mid range would be the Strike Cruiser/Heavy Cruiser/ Border Cruiser, Try them out sometime and as long as you keep range on the target, you can do quite a bit of damage. If you need help ingame, don't feel afraid to ask questions. There is more than likely someone on who will help you.

[ This Message was edited by: Corrupting Brutality on 2012-02-18 23:54 ]

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 09:40   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 22:54, NoBoDx wrote:
luth dont even get a dread at va

the Kluth have the cloak which gives the Cruiser's the ability to be far more affective despite being weaker than most in durability

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 09:43   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 23:21, Corrupting Brutality wrote:
Quote:

Just wondering if we will get a different setup when the aura's are released. I'd rather not be flying a defenceless ship to use the aura effect while the other two factions get ships with guns. Just a thought

Quote:

The uggie carrier not that powerfull at all. I can easily take one down in about any one of icc's combat cruisers. If it tries to go 1v1 with pretty much any dread, its as good as dead as well. Our power at long/mid range would be the Strike Cruiser/Heavy Cruiser/ Border Cruiser, Try them out sometime and as long as you keep range on the target, you can do quite a bit of damage. If you need help ingame, don't feel afraid to ask questions. There is more than likely someone on who will help you.

[ This Message was edited by: Corrupting Brutality on 2012-02-18 23:54 ]

your right the Carrier Dred is easy to combat with. but i dont where you get the idea that cruiser can kill the Carrier Dred i mean maybe a kluth who de-cloaked on my 6 but carrier dred is very powerful if you have one other dred. and the ICC have the Missile dred can be affective with more teamates if the enemy get close to you it GG

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-02-19 10:16   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 20:11, GunsOfHonor wrote:
Okay so im only a Vice admiral and ICC has in my opinion No ships till you reach Admiral and it sucks that the only ships you have at Vice Adm. is the Assault Cruiser and Missile Dred. while the Assault cruiser is powerful not enough to kill skilled Dreds or even cruisers and the Missile dred really is not good at all since 10/10 times enemy ships Jump you and well you die
so i ask any DS Developer to give serious thought about adding a new dred at Vice Adm. focused around CQ combat or lowering the Combat Dred lvl to Vice Adm. And while on the topic of ICC Dreds i ask to other remove or give a serious buff to the Command dred because it does not give justice to itself to only have fighters and lasers so can you also add core weapons or cannons in replace of a few lasers keep all the fighters but since the Uggies Carrier Dred is incredibly good at Fighters Operations and packing some punch i think ICC should get that for the command dred

Post whatever ideas anyone else has
Lets get this in front of the Developers eyes
and Long Live ICC
[ This Message was edited by: GunsOfHonor on 2012-02-18 20:15 ]

The ICC MD is not useless, it is a powerfull ship vs UGTO, it just needs the right situation to be efficent, one could say it always needs a dictor to be not jumped or a lot of distraction to fire from behind the lines.

Problem always was that relativly unexperienced ViceAdmirals are confronted with this very specialiced Dreadnought.

With such few players online you dont often have big battles allowing the MD to take part without being focused.

Since the last changes the MD has other problems too:

-Heavy energy consumption of the missiles does not allow much movement at all, neither using energy for defense mode.

- Fewer missiles are easier to get intercepted by pd and the ammount of missiles is no longer superior to Supportstations.

-The arc of the missiles does not allow to hit targets at close range anymore, back then you could manualy shoot behind the enemy even if it was too close.

The MD is not useless at all but it lost a lot of its power compared to the old version with lots of IT and Proton misiles and enough energy to still move.

seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 10:29   
being a VA doesnt means that you "have to" or "must" use a dread. its true that MD as first dread makes inexperienced fresh VAs cry, but as icc you have to learn to use cruisers first and if youre not happy with a nice ship like AC then try your change on other cruisers like HC(in my opinion the best) BC or SC(really hurts if used right) and combat destroyer is also nice ship to if you know when to run

former Roukanken

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 11:50   
The Carrier Dread is a watered down BC which loses 1 core and fires 2 heavy cannons less on every arc. It does pack a mild punch but in real dread vs dread combat it usually can't get enough firepower down wind to hurt, currently there is little reason to take the carrier over the battle dread. Against ICC I would actually use a Gunboat Destroyer over the carrier. Like the ICC MD if there was ever a huge fleet to fleet situation I could see a use for the fighter/missiles.

The grass always seems greener on the other side, while kluth have cloak their cruisers have the requirement of facing the enemy dread to do full damage. All the enemy has to do is sling a few cores which you can't dodge to intimidate you into cloaking. On the other hand if ignored they can pack a punch.

So while ICC does have at this current moment a very specialized VA dread it does have other advantages. ICC cruisers are proly the best in game compared to other factions (increased agility and acceleration allows it to change its flight vector faster, allowing it to dodge projectiles that would hit UGTO or Kluth cruisers, the rechargeable nature of shields help extend its combat durability).

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030148 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR