Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-02-28 06:48   
* Current solar system and constellation(server) are now displayed in the top right infobox.

right now it appears in this format

solar system : (star name)
constellation : (server name)

apparently the star name appears when the ship is upto a maximum of 10kgu range beyond the orbit of the furthest object from the star. so if im jumping from ross to wolf 359, star name will be blank until i am 40kgu from wolf359 star.
40000 gu = 30000 + 10000
= distance (wolf359 - jumpgate) + fixed extra distance

i suggest that, instead of blank, the first line should appear simply as this ->
deep space
constellation:(server name)

also the fixed extra distance should be increased to 25 ~ 30kgu, i feel 10kgu is too short.

also can it be made that if the ship is near a space object (gasgiant, planet, central planet in a cluster of planets, star orbiting a star, etc) which orbits the main star, then the location format appear like this? ->

barnard gate - 3
solar system : Sol
constellation : lacerta

the max range from the object could be around 2kgu, and when the ship is further than that the 'barnard' line would not appear at all.

on the whole it is nice to know that the ship is aware of its location

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-28 15:35   
1)The change to structures had nothing to do with sabotage.

2)You can still pause a structure if the planet has critical resource conditions and fix what you did.

3) This change makes structures more resilent to tech droping, but it is not a function to automate planets so they require no player involvement

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-28 21:15   
Interdictors have been fixed. More testing required!

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-29 04:30   
Quote:

On 2012-02-28 21:15, Pantheon wrote:
Interdictors have been fixed.

Tryed them out and yes they are fixed good job

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-29 16:46   
out of what i tested (which was mostly combat) everything was fine. i did test cloak and it is fine. the ai are actually smarter but they always jump out when they were hulled to 90%. but this is only out of what i've seen so i think they should at least stay till around 40% hull. if people experience different or if im wrong please correct.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-29 19:02   
Quote:

On 2012-02-28 06:48, Compromisery wrote:
stuff about the solar system display

The old starSystem() function used to find the root orbitting noun in the system, which is always a star (because you can only orbit planets). I figured a better way to do this was to simply find a noun in the zone you look up (normally this is the zone you're in), and find the orbit of that, seeing as it's closer than orbit, and won't take a whole lot more processing power.

I could make it search all zones, then do a distance calculation, but this would be costly, seeing as it would happen every time the UI updates. I could check to see if you have gone through a gate in that time, but as far as I'm aware, there's no function that triggers when you go through a gate for the UI, so I'd have to do a whole lot more work for a simple UI change.

In the end, I settled for just displaying "Current Location : Deep Space" if there is no orbital object found in the current zone. This is, realisticly, the best I can do without spending some time adding functions that would ultimately only be used by that little display.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-02-29 19:26   
not sure if this is a problem whanted to see if anyone has run across this.
was in the hive and jumped to enemy planet, after sitting there a few minutes i decided to cloak and leave but i was in a dictor. so i clicked on sy wich was 9k away and hit orbit but nothing happend, then i hit follow and still nothing so i thought maybe since i'm cloaked it won't let me do this so i uncloak and still nothing, ship wont alling up to jump or turn to head that way. however once i got out of dictor i was able to hit orbit or follow and hive would turn and jump. only seems to effect hive tested siphon and it worked fine. usualy the ship would turn and move that way even in a dictor. not sure if i was out of sync or some thing but just a lil wierd.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-01 09:20   
Iam testing at beta and every time i want to change a ship ( at shipyard) in the 3.0 sec before i go to the "garage" the game crash... Its the 4th time it happens i believe its a game bug and not my pc cuz its well above system requirements

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-01 21:53   
Something strange happened.

I jumped near an enemy planet in a Brood and attacked the AI there using weaps and fighters, then went to cloak to observe how the fighter AI would do vs ship AI.

When I decloaked again next to the enemy AI to finish it off, I couldn't fire any weaps even though I wuz in range. I had the enemy ship targetted, less than 300 gus away. SIs, Cannons, and ruptors all didn't work. Strange thing was that the enemy didn't shoot back at me either.

Lag? Maybe the client/server couldn't decide what cloak state I was in?

Scenario:
I spawned at Lock's XXX ... that Kluth SY planet in the middle system.
The inner planet, nearest to the star was under UGTO control.

I jumped near the enemy planet. About 800 gus away. A UGTO AI dessie was there and immediately attacked me.

I launched fighters and used SIs and cannons as he approached. The fighters attacked fine.

Then I cloaked to let the fighters do their work. Right after that, the fighters ignored him. So I decloaked to attack.

- All my weaps were grayed out
- My JD was still green
- Energy was good
- Uggie AI dessie ignored me
- My fighters continued to ignore him

Targetting empty space, I was also unable to fire.

Giving up, I targetted my SY and jumped. Once next to my SY, I was able to fire normally again.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-03-01 22:17 ]

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-03-01 22:16   
Cloak running out of energy doesn't seem to work too well.

Run out of energy, cloak works as advertised until it hits zero energy. Your ship model then becomes nontransparent.

However, the cloak device seems to think it's still turned on, and if you fly near to a planet it fails to shoot at you.

Don't think this is intended behaviour?

Am yet to test this with another human observer.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-01 22:21   
Quote:

On 2012-03-01 22:16, Gejaheline wrote:
Cloak running out of energy doesn't seem to work too well.

Run out of energy, cloak works as advertised until it hits zero energy. Your ship model then becomes nontransparent.

However, the cloak device seems to think it's still turned on, and if you fly near to a planet it fails to shoot at you.

Don't think this is intended behaviour?

Am yet to test this with another human observer.

I noticed this. I still appear to be in cloak, but the sig is at 6.something...

I dunno abt the planet, but the AI sure as hell still knows I'm there. They keep shooting at me.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-01 23:22   
We won't be releasing the shield and armor changes as planned. We feel there hasn't been enough testing and feedback on these changes, and Fattierob doesn't have enough time over the coming days to give it the attention it deserves before we possibly release.

So with that said, the changes have been reverted. I have left the defence mode change in (the previous HP increases still stand), and hopefully over the next week (regardless of if we patch or don't), we should have some better numbers.

We hope you understand, seeing as there are some much needed changes in beta that we know you guys want out as soon as possible.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-01 23:57   
I think it's a good idea to leave the shield/armor changes out of the patch, the more feedback on it now the less hotfixes needed later.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-02 09:20   
I have 2 questions
  1. How important is Allegiance level to planet?
  2. I know with repair drone help, armor self repair rate doubles. With repair drone: Repair rate with repair drone = armor self repair rate + armor self repair rate.
    Quote:
    When out of combat, ship repairs will be increased by 50% from external sources.

What does 50% mean?
    OOC repair rate = armor self repair rate + 150% armor self repair rate
    or
    OOC repair rate = Repair rate with repair drone x 150%

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 23:22, Pantheon wrote:
We won't be releasing the shield and armor changes as planned. We feel there hasn't been enough testing and feedback on these changes, and Fattierob doesn't have enough time over the coming days to give it the attention it deserves before we possibly release.

So with that said, the changes have been reverted. I have left the defence mode change in (the previous HP increases still stand), and hopefully over the next week (regardless of if we patch or don't), we should have some better numbers.

So you remove Skirmish and keep the new value of shield/armor as Fattirob published in his Darkspace.xlsx. Is it correct?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-03-02 09:31 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-02 09:37   
Quote:

On 2012-03-02 09:20, chlorophyll wrote:
I have 2 questions
  1. How important is Allegiance level to planet?
  2. I know with repair drone help, armor self repair rate doubles. With repair drone: Repair rate with repair drone = armor self repair rate + armor self repair rate.
    Quote:
    When out of combat, ship repairs will be increased by 50% from external sources.

What does 50% mean?
    OOC repair rate = armor self repair rate + 150% armor self repair rate
    or
    OOC repair rate = Repair rate with repair drone x 150%

Quote:

On 2012-03-01 23:22, Pantheon wrote:

So you remove Skirmish and keep the new value of shield/armor as Fattirob published in his Darkspace.xlsx. Is it correct?

Not quite sure where the misunderstanding is coming from, but here goes again:

All repairs from external sources are boosted by 50%. This does not include AHR or self repair of any kind, as they are not external .

Also, again, all shield and armor changes have been reverted with the exception of defence mode and the original 5% value changes. This includes Skirmish shields.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022754 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR