Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How did you choose your name
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author How did you choose your name
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-24 20:26   

Ppl think it's all abt Star Wars. Meh. No, actually. It just happened to look and sound that way.
My Steam nick is (and still is) McPussy. But I couldn't get past the filters here.

It's actually a romanized take on a, erm..., turn of phrase in one of the local languages where I live. But it turns out to be completely harmless in English. Any of the locals at my place who reads out my nick usually has a good laugh. The same way the name Martha Fokker would for us.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-24 20:40   
I typed my name at the registration page when I registered for Darkspace.

Rebels
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-24 21:24   
when i was 10 i thought rebels was the name of an offical team from starwars (besides rebel alliance) and typed it in thinking it was an entire faction.

*MI Node jumps out of nowhere death beams america*

GalaxyFalinzin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-24 21:34   
Fail + Zing = Falinzin, somehow, invented it during a DDO campaign about 10 years ago, and Galaxy was a clan name in CS:S, Kinda just stuck with it, Common Mispronunciation: GalaxyFailnzen, dunno why, but hey, whateva xD

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-25 00:51   
back in those times where team fortress classic was "brand new", people haven't heard of steam, i used to call me nobody while playing tfc.

but usually there were at least 2other ones with that name, so ... being exceptional smart ... i changed that y to an x, and so my internet-alter-ego was born ... and i'm using it for 14 years now

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-02-25 01:56   
well origanal name was -Eas_Agamemnon because i like Babylon 5 and the EAS Agamemnon was my favorite ship. when i made EAFS i when to [EAFS]_Agamemnon (CO) . then when i started to do the logs i chose my first name and Agamemnon then just chose a random letter for the middle name. that how i came to Xavier I. Agamemnon.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-02-25 02:03   
when i started playing i remembered a flash game. there was a character called the BOOM-Man. i liked the 'boom' of the name and chose BoomDude for myself (hey dude hi dude how u dude and so on).

after some months i played a flash game involving time paradox (took me some weeks to complete). during that time i often tried to steal kills from other people. they would complain "it was MY KILL!!" aka the MyKill paradox (you fought enemy to death, but random noob took ur kill). so i named myself dr. michael paradox.

then i reached FA, and got big ships like the siphon. it was powerful and impressive and had big guns. so i named myself Big Cannon.

then i reached GA and wanted to put Grand in my name (ppl liked to put GA in their names). also i liked krill because it was like a long range shotgun. so i named myself Grand Cannon Boomshot. later shortened to boomshot because GC could not be a normal name.

then i reached marshal. i thought im playing well, so i called myself brahmastra. its the strongest weapon in my religious literatures.

then i reached 235k pres. 235 is atomic number of radioactive uranium which can be both nice and gross. i also read about thorium, great element with less radioactivity and more energy (better than uranium in all aspects, including underground reserves). so i thought of uranium as a miserable compromise in place of thorium, which holds great promise. uranium weps on other hand cause misery.
so compromise+promise+misery=compromisery.

ive read ds database sometimes and i liked their TBD - to be decided phrase. so future name will be toby d syded.

sometimes i get into rage. i hate the letter g. and my real name is raj. so my even more future name will be raje (go J!)

Marius Falix
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-25 08:02   
Needed a character name and its replaced Makk ever since its creation.

We are the Falix Brothers...

Defence Unit-Alpha_Matrix[48]
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-25 08:26   
My Name comes from Commander Ray, He has this pretty good story that was a spin off of stargate but Kinda different. In his story Axeum is his Flag ship and when i toke over my Late Brothers account i couldnt think of a name but i wanted to think of somethin that Was still apart of my Brother and thats where Zulu comes in He was often called Zulu I never knew why but he liked it and it stuck with him since boot camp. So yea thats where This name came from.-Marc

xTx
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-25 10:28   
My name comes from an old commodore 64 Astroid like game. The game was written in commodore basic and the ship was repersented by....xTx

Captain Splendid
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-25 10:41   
Pearl Harbor sucked.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-02-25 19:53   
I appropriated mine from Look To Windward when Iain M. Banks novels were basically my first and only experiences with sci-fi.

I then misspelled it and it stuck.

FIR3T0N3 [R33]
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-26 02:43   
A long Long time ago. before darkspace existed and broadband was just a dream!
I was thinking loud, and i was creaming out. why can't i think of a interesting name!

Everyone was Fire## this and Fire$$ that. spraypainting stuff like this. and all i got was that.
And it quietly, Quickly, made me MAD! (and sad)

So i opened my mIRC, logged into Quakenet and joined my Team.
And then, I saw, The list.
FireDragon, FireBreath. FireMonkey,FireDad. DragonFire, MountainFire, Corinta.
Firehose, LionsFire. WolfFire, Firewolf. Mandator.

And i, still, was Mad.
So i looked around to escape my anger.
The TV blurked about some Diana funeral anger. The show i did not notice, but my TV Brand did get noticed.
RadioTone what a strange name, even without a pun it still sounded Lame. but then i tought about it. mixed the word up and i tought it out loud.
FireTone. O FireTone it is different it is daring and not monochrome.
I liked it well. but it wasn't 'that' swell so i quickly escaped in another path. 1337 is there because of that!

SO i was singing
FIR3T0N3, o FIR3T0N3. it sounds funny, it sounds daring but it isn't monochrome.
Good by old names, who sounded to lame. i Am sticking with this name until i finally get insane!

FIR3T0N3, o FIR3T0N3. it sounds funny, it sounds daring but it isn't monochrome.
Good by old names, who sounded to lame. i Am sticking with this name until i finally get insane!

Insane i got?

..... Do you like to know more???

[ This Message was edited by: FIR3T0N3[NL] on 2012-02-26 02:44 ]

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-02-26 23:10   
I wasn't allowed to use my uasual video game handle, but i had a large afro at the time of making my account.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-27 16:37   
A bardiche is a polearm.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.039990 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR