No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » pve-encounter
 Author pve-encounter
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-08 02:07   
i got this idea from Fatal Perihelion (link:

- every 4hours (+ random extra-time) a mi-carrier will spawn in the middle of nowhere via wormhole (the wh should be visible to all players)
- the carrier will move towards the procyon jumpgate and despawn there
- it doesent have a jumpdrive, nor a wormhole-generator
- while active, it'll spawn smaller ships (up to 15...20?) every 15.. 20s to defend itself
- the spawned shiptype depend on hull-status from the carrier
-- hull 100-60% scouts (downscaled longheads)
-- 59-35% frigs (downscaled mi transporter)
-- 34-0% cruisers
-- once the carrier hit 20%hull, itll spawn an additional longhead (only once)
-- the spawned ships only defend the carrier, and should move far away from it
- destroying the spawned ships will yield barely any pres and they should be immune to boarding attacks
- the carrier will drop a rare enchant (maybe one for every player ... depending on its strength)
- the carrier could use a modified node model ( bigger with a small "gap between the upper and lower half" <"Thats no moon">)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-08 05:23   

So... the purpose of the MI is to spawn from a WH in Sag just to slowboat it to the Procyon gate? MIs are here just for you players to destroy for enh?

What's the point?

MIs should spawn to destroy your planets!

(Eject)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-08 09:27   
I wrote about similar topic few days ago but that post is gone now. We need more Procyon systems for all races, make it so people could have more PvE instead of playing scenarios.

Goto the website of (Eject)
-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-08 09:34   
Quote:

On 2012-03-08 05:23, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

So... the purpose of the MI is to spawn from a WH in Sag just to slowboat it to the Procyon gate? MIs are here just for you players to destroy for enh?

What's the point?

MIs should spawn to destroy your planets!

Indeed the purpose of an mi ship is to absolutely ruin hours of hard work rebuilding up a planet so it can be destroyed again.
if the mi stop doing that there will be a massive hole in this dimension where all will eventually be consumed.

[ This Message was edited by: -(kha-ti the silent watcher)- on 2012-03-08 09:35 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-08 14:30   
i think players are allowed to propose an event to admins...in MV this carrier would be reason to fight for a system and keep an eye on it to farm the carrier. the hull range for spawning small ships wont help since most ships, once hull dmged, are about to die. so difference between 90 and 60% hull is pretty close...

i do agree MI should invade the metaverse once in a while

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 06:24   
Yea ive ben wanting to fight back a massive mi invasion of kaus for a while now.

Email Alzek15
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-13 05:08   
the idea wasnt a easy free kill (soloed with a +defense stacked station)

the carrier should have enough hp/ regen to tank multiple dreads and you need some serious firepower to bring it below 50% while its smaller ships shreds the player-ships (and other ai) apart

my ultimate goal would be an encouter, where all factions would have to work together to kill the carrier ( and everyone helping would get a reward)

(if you need a story: mis are testing a new long-range jump device, but its navigation-device broke, so the'll have to get back to mi-space with their conventional drives)

oh, @kenny: the carrier could obliterate any planet nearby but destroying half the galaxy while no one is around (or not enough online to kill it) seems a little unfair
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-03-13 05:12 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-13 06:21   
Quote:

On 2012-03-13 05:08, NoBoDx wrote:

oh, @kenny: the carrier could obliterate any planet nearby but destroying half the galaxy while no one is around (or not enough online to kill it) seems a little unfair
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-03-13 05:12 ]

Sounds like an event to me. Why not file it as such?

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-13 07:26   
as a event, people could organize themself before the carrier actually show up (eg every sunday at 5pm)

i want it more random (thats why i suggested a respawn time of 4+random hours), where suddendly a big threat joins the battlefield and player *could* join to defeat it (or sabotage it by shooting other factions while theyre busy fighting the carrier)

think of it as a rare-mob in wow, who show up--- well--- rarely

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-13 19:16   
Quote:

On 2012-03-13 07:26, NoBoDx wrote:
as a event, people could organize themself before the carrier actually show up (eg every sunday at 5pm)

i want it more random (thats why i suggested a respawn time of 4+random hours), where suddendly a big threat joins the battlefield and player *could* join to defeat it (or sabotage it by shooting other factions while theyre busy fighting the carrier)

think of it as a rare-mob in wow, who show up--- well--- rarely

Hard to tell when anyone's on right now. If that behemoth of yours appears when the server is relatively empty, it's gonna be a big MI feast that'll end in a trail of ship debris and glassed planets for all 3 factions once the majority logs in.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-13 20:19   
so were back at my original post
a big mi-fleet crawling back to their gate

if any player dares to come too close, they'll attack him (but the don't actually search for something to kill, but no ai ignores free pres )
planets should be safe

Page created in 0.016645 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR