No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Stop whining about icc!
 Author Stop whining about icc!
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-20 00:05   
Damn, why is EVERYONE going on the QQ path about icc recently!

First its a thread about shields, now shields AND armor. Will you people stop incessently nagging the devs to fix what isnt broken?

Quoted from geja,

To sum up:

Shields have more HP than UGTO armour.
Shields regenerate faster than UGTO armour, and also quadruple in regeneration speed after 30 seconds out of combat.
Shields can be redirected to specific arcs.
Shields have zero mass, allowing ICC ships to turn and accelerate faster.

Their only downside is that they consume energy, but since ICC railguns and such are hideously energy-efficient, that's hardly a problem.

Quoted from eledore,

The major factor is. when the enemy gets close. they start doing more damage then you can do.
Even if they have weaker defenses eventually there comes a point, especially when facing K'Luth that you just can't keep up with the tactical offence/defense balance shifts.

When at range ICC has the highest damage output of all three factions.
When comparing the defenses ICC has the highest AND can even rotate there defenses to a single arc even increasing there single arc defense power.
And lets not forget the weapons that have no falloff damage reduction are: Gauss gun(ICC), Railgun(ICC) and the Plasma cannon (K'Luth).

And just to float your boat so you all stop QQing and whining and whinging, fattierob said this.

otherwise, shields and weapons in general are getting a look at soon for balancing.

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-20 01:03   
ICC outdamage kluth at point blank. Human beams are stronger up close, and any advantage in damage from torps is negated because they damage the kluth that fired them. Add on that you can maintain a forward facing firing position, keeping all guns on them longer, and you pretty much win 1v1.

2 mins later, your shields are back to full too.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-20 02:01   
Oh look! Discerning, non-whinging Confederates!

They actually exist!

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-03-20 05:24 ]

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-20 06:59   
As far as im concerned ICC is fairly well off this patch..i got nothing to complain about.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-03-20 07:58   
ICC is more bound then the other factions to adept to the enemy, is it UGTO your fighting? you will need cruisers and or missiles.
Is it Kluth Dreads? You will need ADs.

You should take it as a quest. Complaining doesnt help. If ICC was buffed, a bunch of veterans could sudenly unballance the fights in favour of the ICC.

Bad teamwork and a bad composition of the fleet just make ICC look bad.
Especialy vs Kluth a lack off icc dreads is fatal, but there had been endless discussions about this.. some say "cruisers forever" whatsoever.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2012-03-20 09:51   
i haven't complained. i really did like the patch.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-20 15:04   
I'm not complaining. This patch is balanced

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-20 16:23   
First off im not whining nore are most i am trying to suggest things to make a topic about improving ICC even better than they are. not whining. if you can tell me that ICC will never change again then by all means all stop posting idea's but until then im going to post idea's to benefit all ICC players and if luth and UGTO players dont suggest things SUCKS for you leave all the Buffs/nerfs to the dev's

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-20 17:07   
to the guy complaining about humans outdamaging kluth at extream close range....
Kluth optimal engagement eange is the max range of their beams per ship class. If your having trouble keeping that range, well welcom to icc's battle of keeping range with no reverse.

Devil we dont hate you. It is healthy to try and help your faction, but the best suggestions help the game as a whole. Not just your faction. Consider each side.

To the op.... This thread is a flame war waiting to happen, and i see you making alot of these.

If you dont have anything constructive to say in a post, consider not replying.. If you have nothing constructive to say, damn sure dont make a new topic about it. the website is the face of darkspace. Keep the poo off of it please.

Id like to challange you all to make positive posts for a week. its harder than writing negitive i know. But lets try

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-20 17:07   
Quote:

On 2012-03-20 16:23, Fatal =Devil Dog= wrote:
First off im not whining nore are most i am trying to suggest things to make a topic about improving ICC even better than they are. not whining. if you can tell me that ICC will never change again then by all means all stop posting idea's but until then im going to post idea's to benefit all ICC players and if luth and UGTO players dont suggest things SUCKS for you leave all the Buffs/nerfs to the dev's

Way to contradict yourself there. In all honesty, we'd sort of like it if people stopped posting suggestions. We have a lot of work to do, and we're not going to be getting around to player suggestions anytime soon. When we request feedback on the stuff we're adding, you'll see the threads for that.

Until then, please use the suggestion link on the left hand menu. All suggestions past this thread will be deleted - everyone should be using Google Moderator from now on, both to suggest, and to vote.

Page created in 0.013685 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR