No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Game Change - PvE
 Author Game Change - PvE
Talar
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 01:05   
Hello, I'v been in and out of the game for a while now. At some point i tried to help with reworking the graphics of the game (upgrading planet textures etc). Im pleased to return this visit to find the graphics have gotten a bit better. With that i'd like to suggest three major changes to the game that i feel it badly hurrting DS.

PvE

PvE does not exist in this game.
We can say safely that demographics for PvE to PvP Ratio is vastly different.
a large amount of gamers (some 60% (conservative number) Perfer PvE over PvP.

Even if this number was 10-20% The amount of people lost from this, is sufficient enuff to merrit changing the game constructs slightly.

The Idea

I was thinking we could add another stat called "Traders" (or Something).
Players would recieve a new class of ship (Light trader, Trader, Heavy Trader). This would result in them trading various Goods at starports; for income (credits).

How it would work.

Traders would be or show "yellow" to everyone (Neutral). As a result, things like planets,ai's etc would not attack them. Destroying these players would result in prestiege loss (Hopefully) a substancial amount).

From here traders would travel the universe, trading buying low and selling high.

This should also be very easy to script or add to the game. Simply adding another stat, and adding the neutral showing script would really be the only work. Im not sure if its still in game, but trading was coded in the game at some point. if its still there that aspect only needs to be turned back on; then this addition of PvE would be back in the game.

Next...

Guilds, Clans, Fleets, Etc

These are the focal points of Games, from adventuring across the cosmos, constructing empires, or just hanging out and chatting. This isi one of the major key factors for a corp to maintain customers (Players).
Lets face it, in DS You get little more then a Tag.

Giving the game some sort of upgrade in this aspect would be great.
if we could shift the game so that guilds have a bank which can drawfund from, and the planets under that corp general income from (lets say 1,000-10,000 credits a week per planet Or even a guild-wide distribution of 250credits a week or something), This would give rise to guilds having more value.

Lastly...

Making Money for Palestar

Iv played many free to play games in my time. I was in dark space when you had to pay to play it. Free to play games often make a fatal mistake though, one thing i am pleased with in darkspaces evolution is it did not make this mistake.

League of legends, as an example makes around 65million a year (2011).
They do this purely off vanity graphics. In other words, they are a million dollar corporation because of making "custom skins" (pretty much only that).

This would be a great venture for darkspace. Even the idea of special classes of ships (like elite versions of frigates, destroyers etc; Ie assult, and heavy assult ships; Or even elite scout ships; ie Interceptors) that go insanes amount of speeds.

I know the team is busy with stuff. but here is some idea's. Hopefully we can see some pve in the game in time.

[ This Message was edited by: Talar on 2012-03-23 01:06 ]

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 02:27   
I would be on the trader faction day and night, lol. Running smuggled goods to an ICC planet during a K'luth invasion, dodging interdiction. Yeah!

Will this ever happen? Nope.

Just make pirates a faction and flesh them out some more. I'll be happy .

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 06:22   
I dont really like the "elite" versions of the ships, we already have EADs with 8 def enh and i think that that is elite enough.

Email Alzek15
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 06:24   
getting credits for doing stuff?? get a grip dude that's darkspace's only form of income and you wanna make it free to get?

No

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-23 07:58   
maybe the actual implementation would require some thought, but the basic outline of the plan sounds good. its about adding features

features define a game, they are the details that go in the front of the background. Sometimes this game feels like it has a lot of background, and it can use more possibilities.

earn credits by trading: i dont agree on the neutrality, why would luth faction for instance repsect this neutrality instead of killing them all and enjoy watchin them suffer?

I do agree however, that some kind of trading system would work out good. There used to be this complex planet economy system where factories where very important for making ship parts. Also resource filled planets where key planets, where others forfilled a support role.

Now, since the variation of resources alrdy exist at a planet, a trading system can be implemented on that. but only for your own faction i think. more thought would be required but this seems a long text alrdy so ill see what other ppl think first.

ship modification: cosmetic costumization is being worked on. There has been suggestions about this alrdy and some discussions and thought. I think its a good idea, but i do agree to most ppls opinion that further costumization of ships perofrmance (above enhancements) would need a downside as well, so that the costumization is purely for changing/focusing the role of a ship, instead of making it OP,

in short: i like the basic outline and purpose of the ideas

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 08:03   
The problem with trading is the lack of a currency stat, but I guess you could buy and sell items by using prestige, but this would create situations where people are high ranked but don't know how to use certain ships.

Secondly credits for free will never work, it is Darkspace's only form of income.

Thirdly vanity items are proly out of the question for now due to lack of manpower, separate ships in the same class don't even have unique models, much less vanity ones.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-23 11:33   
hey you know on STO, you can get their 'cryptic points' the hard way by playing for them, or by buying them.

So, you can get the upper tier ships for 'free' but it will take you months to earn enough dilithium.

Note how they have two separate currencies, the dilithium and cryptic points. Dilithium is gotten by in-game rewards. The two are interchangeable on the exchange.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-03-23 11:35 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-23 11:41   
Quote:

On 2012-03-23 08:03, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
but this would create situations where people are high ranked but don't know how to use certain ships.

That would be nothing new, it's already the case for a lot of people.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-03-23 12:17   
Please use the suggestion link on the menu for making game suggestions.

Page created in 0.020322 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR