No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Play testing of new ECCM
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Play testing of new ECCM
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 17:25   
Allright, today i decided to try out the new ECCM considering we were fighting k'luth.

I dont know if this level of effectiveness is how the devs want it, but,

my border cruiser with 2 ECCM and 1 focussed ECCM could not stop a claw from going near full speed, firing full alphas and cloaking then de-cloaking with enough energy to do it all again.

Is this the intended level of functionality of ECCM?

Thanks
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2012-03-24 17:38 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 17:35   
Another update,

Still in my border cruiser, my sig was approximately 50 and these k'luth transports still had absolutely no problem crawling up to the station and giving it some suprise infantry action.

Not to mention that when it only appears for 0.5 seconds its rather hard to engage focussed/narrowband ECCM...

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 18:14   
There were 3 dreads running 1 ECCM

Me and him were in border cruisers running 5 ECCM and 1 focused
There was a recon also running 4 ECCM

And what does the kluth have to say about it?
"lol i can go 70% speed in my dessy and it doesn't even touch my energy."
and
"lol im a cloaking transport that can board everything in the game extremely easily and never die or take damage"

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-24 18:20   
Quote:

On 2012-03-24 17:25, iwancoppa wrote:
Allright, today i decided to try out the new ECCM considering we were fighting k'luth.

I dont know if this level of effectiveness is how the devs want it, but,

my border cruiser with 2 ECCM and 1 focussed ECCM could not stop a claw from going near full speed, firing full alphas and cloaking then de-cloaking with enough energy to do it all again.

Is this the intended level of functionality of ECCM?

Thanks
[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2012-03-24 18:25 ]

so what do u want a eccm that drains all the power so we are life less then u kill us. next time when u see me just ask me to uncloak i'd be more than happy to help ya out.
nom nom nom

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 18:32   
why are they complaining when the ecm is the nerfed one here not the eccm.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-24 19:23   
Quote:

On 2012-03-24 18:32, -(kha-ti the silent watcher)- wrote:
why are they complaining when the ecm is the nerfed one here not the eccm.

Because perhaps they believe that cloak is not energy intensive enough and since the removal of ping high eccm enviroments should be draining to cloak(to which i agree). Kluth has virtually free reign across any battlefield used correctly with cloak, along with the strongest offense of any single ship in a single shot. Thus wish to use eccm so that it can limit kluth advance though the battlefield, lessen the damage they can inflict (less energy=less damage) and allow cloak, the ultimate weapon to be countered.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-24 19:23   
Cloak uses 25% less energy out of combat. Once they get their first strike it's a very different story.

Also remember that ECM and ECCM have falloff. ECM always effects the host ship at 100% due to being 0 distance from the gadget, whereas ECCM is always going to affect another ship from distance. This is why focus ECCM might be a better choice when you want to effect just one ship with slightly more strength.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 19:51   
Quote:

On 2012-03-24 18:20, Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* wrote:

so what do u want a eccm that drains all the power so we are life less then u kill us. next time when u see me just ask me to uncloak i'd be more than happy to help ya out.
nom nom nom

[/quote]

No, this isnt what im getting at

We had a huge number of people running rediculous amounts of ECCM and the k'luth were not effected in the slightest....

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 19:53   
So TBH i would suggest, as a possible improvement, 2 things

Minimum target appearance time.

This is so when k'luth jumps in you have more then half a second to turn on ECCM systems.

Small buff to ECCM power.

Todays performance prettymutch nails this as neccesary.

ATM trying to use ECCM could be likened to trying to use ASDIC to detect a modern Submarine...

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 20:22   
Cloak is a hard thing to balance, and because the k'luth have paper armor and short range weapons, they cannot stand toe to toe with human counterparts.

K'luth have more tactical opportunities and a safety blanket that allows them to attack whenever they feel like it, with no fear whatsoever of being attacked until they feel like being attacked.

The humans are left feeling paranoid because they only have one option of escape; jumping. And jumps can be tracked.

If a k'luth jumps out, there is no chance of getting to them, they'll have cloaked by the time you jump out after them.

Without a dictor, K'luth is unstoppable, they'll just keep sneaking up on you, fire a few alphas, then jump out and cloak to repair.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-24 21:29   
It sounds almost like you've never flown as K'Luth. It's not as easy as you make it sound - or anywhere close to that.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 21:59   
Quote:

On 2012-03-24 21:29, Pantheon wrote:
It sounds almost like you've never flown as K'Luth. It's not as easy as you make it sound - or anywhere close to that.

Allright then, i will fly as k'luth for a little.

EDIT:

so far with the out of combat bonus on while cloaked:

Scale loses energy slowly at full speed + 2 ECM
Scale loses no energy without ECM
Scale loses miniscule amounts of energy at 16.2gu/s with 2 ECM.
Scale gains energy at 15 gu/s with 2 ECM.

So if you can live for 30 seconds after engaging(not that hard) then you have an easy ticket escape.
[ This Message was edited by: iwancoppa on 2012-03-24 22:27 ]

engaged a cruiser.

I could cloak, park behind him, uncloak, unload alpha, cloak, regain energy. Over and Over again, without the cruiser being able to do anything about it(no more ping) the 1 ECCM module onboard was absolutely useless and seemed to have about 0 effect on energy drain.... not impressive.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 22:48   
indeed k'uth are not that super duper amazing...fly them sometime you'll see.

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-24 22:48   
oh and all factions are pretty balanced its just how you use them so just try something new if you don't like how k'luth are.
[ This Message was edited by: -(kha-ti the silent watcher)- on 2012-03-24 22:49 ]

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-24 23:07   
It seems like kluth have little to no draw backs this version when it comes to ping as stated by several others. Not trying to QQ here, just laying out some things I see. First, We lost ping, so there is no chance of knowing if there is a cloaked enemy ship in the area. Second, we also lost the ability to extend the luth cloak time with ECCM. This made is harder for ships to do hit and run. Atm luth can run around pretty much rampant as eccm doesn't do much to their energy, and after they strike its pretty much impossible to even try to track them down and kill them. Not sure what your goals for luth are, but seems like 1 step forward and 2 steps back imo. If the ECCM energy drain numbers were adjusted a bit I think it would fix it. I'm not a game dev though so It could be more easy or complicated than I know. Just my 10 cents on luth cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: Brutality *XO2* on 2012-03-24 23:09 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020333 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR