No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I really miss the.....
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author I really miss the.....
BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-04-01 02:48   
I really miss the Siphon, it always made your heartbeat race when it attacked you and was always exciting to hunt...NOW, kluth are as boring as ICC to fight..no more pulse racing adrenelin rush...anti climatic now. Darkspace feels like a tank game now....noone pilots siphons anymore:(

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-01 03:07   
well mandi is much better but siphon is still good imo

Email *Flash*
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-01 03:13   
What's wrong with the Siphons?

Aside from ELF beams not being very substantial in their function and shielded ships being immune to them...

BLADERUNNER2019
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2012-04-01 03:37   
Quote:

On 2012-04-01 03:13, Fluttershy wrote:
What's wrong with the Siphons?

Aside from ELF beams not being very substantial in their function and shielded ships being immune to them...

you should know..NOONE pilots a siphon anymore since the energy drain that damages the cloaking device...it is no longer useful as a combat ship

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-01 04:10   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't siphons supposed to be vultures that strike when an enemy has an arc of armor down, and aren't made to be sticking around for long?

How much energy do you have when you're cloaking? How many alphas can you fire before you're out of energy?

Why can't you jump out instead of cloaking?

If you're under a dictor field, you'll have to keep an eye on your energy since that is your lifeline for a cloak escape.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-01 05:56   
max alphas form a siphon is 2-3 depends on the situations if there is one cloak 3 or 4 jump so they dont damage your Cloak and kill you

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-04-01 07:37   
Its never fun when a faction has to field multiple ship types to be effective

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-01 08:04   
ELF beams damage shields, they're blocked by it, but take damage in the process. So you don't really lose much in the way when using them (one hand taketh away, the other hand...).

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-01 08:48   
Hmmm. Ok.

Well, I only played a little last two days, but I would disagree completely about the Siphon. The problems I have with it isn't the ship, its the way cloak works in general, but that is a seperate issue.

For 1, stop using the alpha strike on the Siphon, morons.

Strike close enough to make sure you get beams on them, and then use beams, but tick ELFS off 1 at a time. Give them a few rounds of torps, but not when you are below 1/2 a bar. Carry a battery for those just in case moments. And be ready to cloak and move. I generally sit still when I engage if the enemy is sitting as well. Saves energy, keeps me in position. Cloak is a big piece of crap now, with 50 ways to defeat it, and by the time you need it, it is usually not effective, so try not to have to rely on it. Try to engage when you vcan jump out rather than cloak, or maybe put a planet between you and the enemy while your cloak takes hold.

I dunno, Im rambling in a way, but I dont feel like making this all neat . Just some thoughts that come to mind on the Siphon.

Yesterday, I was hitting a station. I ran my siphon to nothing on energy, but had plenty of armor/hull, as he rogue I believe) was hitting somebody else. So for two strikes each, I just used ELFS. I was back at 1/2 bar by the time the frst ELF was ready for a third tick.

Stop trying to fly the Siphon like a BD or CD. Its a Siphon. Keep a mind toward stealing your opponents energy.

Oh, I use beam multies, if you are wondering. Not def.

And also, the only time I have died in two days in my Siphon was when I was on my laptop. It starts overheating and the mouse gets "sticky", making it impossible to do anything. Think I died twice like that.

Just sayin.

Ramble over.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-01 09:02   
Quote:

On 2012-04-01 08:48, Azreal wrote:
Hmmm. Ok.

Well, I only played a little last two days, but I would disagree completely about the Siphon. The problems I have with it isn't the ship, its the way cloak works in general, but that is a seperate issue.

For 1, stop using the alpha strike on the Siphon, morons.

Strike close enough to make sure you get beams on them, and then use beams, but tick ELFS off 1 at a time. Give them a few rounds of torps, but not when you are below 1/2 a bar. Carry a battery for those just in case moments. And be ready to cloak and move. I generally sit still when I engage if the enemy is sitting as well. Saves energy, keeps me in position. Cloak is a big piece of crap now, with 50 ways to defeat it, and by the time you need it, it is usually not effective, so try not to have to rely on it. Try to engage when you vcan jump out rather than cloak, or maybe put a planet between you and the enemy while your cloak takes hold.

I dunno, Im rambling in a way, but I dont feel like making this all neat . Just some thoughts that come to mind on the Siphon.

Yesterday, I was hitting a station. I ran my siphon to nothing on energy, but had plenty of armor/hull, as he rogue I believe) was hitting somebody else. So for two strikes each, I just used ELFS. I was back at 1/2 bar by the time the frst ELF was ready for a third tick.

Stop trying to fly the Siphon like a BD or CD. Its a Siphon. Keep a mind toward stealing your opponents energy.

Oh, I use beam multies, if you are wondering. Not def.

And also, the only time I have died in two days in my Siphon was when I was on my laptop. It starts overheating and the mouse gets "sticky", making it impossible to do anything. Think I died twice like that.

Just sayin.

Ramble over.

Yeah i rember this it was an effective stragery as it stop me using my harpex missiles as i was low on energy siphons are now more about draing your targets energy and making them useless rather than uncloak 2 alpha's and oh you targets dead or running away almost dead

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-01 11:35   

Since the refactoring, the Mandi and Siphon swapped layouts, except for that ELF.

But regarding the ELF. Need Panth to explain here. Firing off 1 ELF at a time, like Az suggested... vs firing all ELFs off. Does the drain stack?

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-01 11:50   
Each ELF drains its own amount, so yes, it stacks.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-01 17:01   
my reason is to keep a constant...well...siphon happening. usually 2 beams at a time does fine.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-04-02 18:18   
Those who say the siphon sucks cause of energy loss.... no, it doesnt suck, you just dont know how to manage its energy.. Dont alpha strike, save your beams for when you can hit hull, fire ELF when your lasers finish recharging to get a ton of energy back. If you can do this in an effective manner, the siphon is deadly, especially when teamed with a mandible.
Mandible strips the armor, siphon crushes the hull.

AoD

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-02 18:29   
Why does it matter if you ELF after or during the lasers being fired?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.033302 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR