No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.5 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I really miss the.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author I really miss the.....
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-02 18:34   
Quote:

On 2012-04-02 18:29, Fluttershy wrote:
Why does it matter if you ELF after or during the lasers being fired?

If you decide to cloak after attacking, having the big energy boost from the ELF beams, as opposed to cloaking right after the beam alpha, helps the energy problem. That's why I'd do it anyway.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-02 18:57   
Shouldn't the ELF behave more like mining beams/tractor beams?
Can that be done? having them work like a toggle, and excluded from the space bar?

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2012-04-02 20:49   
Why is that a good idea?

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-02 21:58   
because it's not a laser or disruptor, it's an energy drainer

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-02 23:16   
Quote:

On 2012-04-02 18:34, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-04-02 18:29, Fluttershy wrote:
Why does it matter if you ELF after or during the lasers being fired?

If you decide to cloak after attacking, having the big energy boost from the ELF beams, as opposed to cloaking right after the beam alpha, helps the energy problem. That's why I'd do it anyway.

Energy drains while RECHARGING the weapon, not during use. So if you're ELFing with your first alpha, you don't actually get any energy, because it's still full until the beams start cycling.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-04-03 00:25   
[quote]
On 2012-04-02 23:16, Sheynak wrote:
Quote:

Energy drains while RECHARGING the weapon, not during use. So if you're ELFing with your first alpha, you don't actually get any energy, because it's still full until the beams start cycling.

weapons which shoot multiple projectiles (cannons, core weapons and mines) do not recharge until the weapon finishes firing (probably governed by a hard-coded timer).

torps, missiles and all beams begin their recharge immediately when activated, so the ELF energy gains are not spent useless.

also, ELF rocks. siphon can maintain positive energy balance if it doesnt use the assault disruptors. my preferred tactic with siphon is to start with a full alpha, then continue with torps, SIs, disruptors and ELFs, then shoot assault disruptors, torps and ELFs when hull is exposed. SIs take a lot of energy and i keep them for mid-range attacks or for when my energy is above 120.

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-03 03:29   
[quote]
On 2012-04-03 00:25, Toby D Syded wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-04-02 23:16, Sheynak wrote:
Quote:

weapons which shoot multiple projectiles (cannons, core weapons and mines) do not recharge until the weapon finishes firing (probably governed by a hard-coded timer).

torps, missiles and all beams begin their recharge immediately when activated, so the ELF energy gains are not spent useless.

also, ELF rocks. siphon can maintain positive energy balance if it doesnt use the assault disruptors. my preferred tactic with siphon is to start with a full alpha, then continue with torps, SIs, disruptors and ELFs, then shoot assault disruptors, torps and ELFs when hull is exposed. SIs take a lot of energy and i keep them for mid-range attacks or for when my energy is above 120.

Well I was close... .

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-04-03 03:40   
10 points for being close.

plus, what kind of siphon can stay at full energy anyways?lol

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-04-03 05:00   
they took the chitious/2nd ahr away...halfed it core weapons...recmoved second ecm...im not sure about the reactor, even there went something wrong, energy got a lot worse with combination of making cloak drain energy and without it, it breaks.. siphons arent what the used to be, thats true. alone cant really kill anything its own size because nobody waits until he recharges energy....i....acctually wanted to say that no matter what, siphon still rocks. but now i see that would be a lie. a lot of adaptig i required to maximize its usefulness...but still cant say it rocks.... :| wow....

and its not a qq, just the opinion. i got used to not be able to kill in siphon just hurt bad and jump out before i have to drag its guts to the depo...
[ This Message was edited by: Ravendark on 2012-04-03 05:02 ]

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-04-03 15:23   
2 page thread just to tell a guy not to smash space bar like he's ugto

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-03 15:57   
Quote:

On 2012-04-03 15:23, Aaron[+R] wrote:
2 page thread just to tell a guy not to smash space bar like he's ugto

Thank you for summing up the entire thread.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-04-11 20:44   
END still uses Siphons. Whether they are effective or not, well...ask our targets >: )

But anyway after coming back recently and playing with the Siphons again I understand more what this thread is about.

While trying to use the Siphon while flying by yourself, it would be hard to be very effective. No matter how careful you are you will be lucky to have enough energy to finish a cruiser off by yourself much less a dread or station. For those who say "Don't use the beams" in that case, why are you even using a Siphon?

With 3 of us flying Siphons with all beam multi's, we still can barely finish off an Uggy dread or station without all 3 of us running out of energy or being dangerously low. Yes we were just firing off alphas and not trying anything fancy but I don't really think that it would have made much of a difference...

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-11 21:26   
the ELF beams are laughable. Fired 4 of them at a cruiser and he said it only drained about 5 energy (he was in motion).
The energy was recharged before i had another ELF shot ready.

Also the ELF seems to stop working if you run out of energy.

It'll stop recharging until you slow down and generate some power from your drives.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-04-11 21:27 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-11 22:42   
Cooldown on ELF was already halved if I remember correctly. The way it is now seems to be a somewhat happy medium between them being totally useless like they were and being OP which they probably would be if they drained much more power.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-12 00:11   
Well, if someone wants to test it with me, we can see how generally useless it is.

cmon, in what situation does it ever make sense for a kluth ship to sit there using ELF beams to recharge? You don't have time to sit there doing that, you have time to get off a few alphas, and then get the hell out of there.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.047912 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR