Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » I really miss the.....
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author I really miss the.....
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-12 05:20   

Just got me thinking.... since ELF is basically the reverse of a gadget that uses energy, shouldn't it be usable even at 0 energy?

This should make the Siphon (and Parasite) unique in that they can use ELF to regain some measure of energy should they run dry in the middle of a furball. Simply target nearest enemy ship in range and fire ELFs for a quick caffeine fix...

Devs?

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-12 05:26   
one use of elf is to keep them in reserve for just before you break off your attack.

Another use is to group them with your assault ruptors to soften their blow on your energy reserves.

You can also make a few groups of weapons with two elfs a piece, then stagger fire them.

You could group all your elfs together and fire them a moment after your alpha to regain some of that lost energy.

Dont alpha fire elfs at the same time as your first alpha strike.

Elfs damage shields, but do not drain icc ships of power until shields fail on the arc your firing at. Its best to save your elfs until you have gottten icc ships down to zero shields due to the nature of shield rotation.

Now. Flutter stop. You dont understand how the game works i get it, most of this, and many other topics could have been explained to you if you would have talked to someone in the lobby.

If no one in the lobby could provide you with proper feedback, then post your question in the forums under the proper section.

All you have been doing lately is spreading missinformation based heavily on your limeted perception of the game both in rank, exp, and time played.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-04-12 05:57   
Quote:

On 2012-04-12 05:26, Defiance*CO* wrote:
Elfs damage shields, but do not drain icc ships of power until shields fail on the arc your firing at. Its best to save your elfs until you have gottten icc ships down to zero shields due to the nature of shield rotation.

ELF beams drain energy regardless of being blocked by shields or armor. the amount of drain however varies.
as of 1.672 against active shields, ELF beams drain either 85% OR 100% of their average potential (actives are resistant to energy and psi). against reactive shields i believe this is either 100% OR 120% (reactives are weak to EMP damage, which is used to calculate drain quantity).

Quote:

Now. Flutter stop. You dont understand how the game works i get it, most of this, and many other topics could have been explained to you if you would have talked to someone in the lobby.

If no one in the lobby could provide you with proper feedback, then post your question in the forums under the proper section.

last time i told him this it failed. hopefully fluttershy will read the signs this time.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-12 08:09   
Quote:

On 2012-04-12 05:20, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Simply target nearest enemy ship in range and fire ELFs for a quick caffeine fix...

I used to do this in a dictor back when u could refit whatever you wanted, and would ELF my own teamates to keep energy to the disrupter field.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-12 12:54   
Quote:

On 2012-04-12 05:20, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Just got me thinking.... since ELF is basically the reverse of a gadget that uses energy, shouldn't it be usable even at 0 energy?

This should make the Siphon (and Parasite) unique in that they can use ELF to regain some measure of energy should they run dry in the middle of a furball. Simply target nearest enemy ship in range and fire ELFs for a quick caffeine fix...

Devs?

The ELF Beam does still require some energy to activate, but it brings in far, far more than it uses. Overall you have a net gain, but you still need that initial energy to fire the beam in the first place.

We actually can't make it cost zero energy, due to how the game calculates weapon cooldowns. We don't state anywhere in the gadget files that "this weapon recharges in 3 seconds". Instead, each weapon is given two values: the first is the amount of energy it needs to recharge, and the second is the rate at which it can take that energy from the ship's overall reserve.

So, for example, say we have a weapon which takes 5,000 energy to charge and charges at a rate of 1,000 energy per second. It'll take 5 seconds to recharge. If we lower the charge rate--say, from 1,000 to 800--or increase the charge amount--like from 5,000 to 6,000--it will take longer for the weapon to recharge.

As for the ELF Beam, it currently uses the absolute bare minimum amount of energy we can have it use and still get the desired cooldown out of it, so it should be easier to charge when you're starved of energy.

Email Jim Starluck
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-04-12 14:28   
So does ELF drain more from the hull than from armor? I thought that is the way that it used to be but idk if it still is or not.

Anyway I guess we'll have to try firing off our ELFs after our first alpha to see if there is any noticible difference at all...

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-04-12 15:07   
ELF ignores armor. It is blocked by shields.
Last I heard anyway, unless they changed it at some point...
[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2012-04-12 15:07 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-12 16:00   
I'm spreading false information? What exactly did I say that was false?

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-12 18:50   
not much you can do to when it is obvious that there is a lot of confusion about ELFS.

Thus would one of the devs please give the full run down of it

Email *FTL*Soulless
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.016341 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR