No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Another awful proposal by Fluttershy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Another awful proposal by Fluttershy
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-06 00:55   
Assault ships have more generators and tons of beams, thus a few cruisers are all the PD you will ever need... ESPECIALLY if they use pulse lasers, nothing will ever ever get through.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-06 02:07   
he is still trying to adjust the game for laggy players. beams that do no damage but pd would not be usable against small ships(or any other). Swaping the beams for their damaging counterpart would provide a small ship a chance at avoiding some of the damage while remaining just as effective against small ships.

1. He wants all beams to only work against missiles and fighters.
2. He wants all beams interchangable with a cannon weapon with the same range, damage, and energy consumption as current beam weapons.

I dont see the problem here. Expecialy if you make the damaging cannon/beam varient shoot bolts like on starwars, per say. Then i can live out my lost fleet fantasy. Hell lances FIRE!!!

Its a sound idea. Post it in the suggestion site. though i warn you, there are some major drawbacks to this design. I do think this may be a step in the right direction.

In the end, the thing i think will be most opposed to this idea, is splitting the function of a weapon, there by increasing the number of players you need for an effective fleet... Numbers we dont have at the moment..

Case A
a fleet of three icc ships gear up to face a ugto missile fleet. On their way to fight the ugto, a kluth strike force intercepts them. The kluth wing leader realizes the icc fleet is moving to attack the ugto missile fleet encamped at planet x. The kluth therefore knows the icc are outfited with missile defense, rather than close range firepower. The kluth uncloak. The icc wing leader only has two choices, run or die.

The icc fleet before the change would have been perfectly suited to handel both situations befor it had its weapons uses halfed

the kluth would always pick the damage beam weapon as they never have need to pd(much) ammount of kluth ships needed to form a healthy fleet would remain unchanged, and they would be perfectly suited for whatever target they come across. the humans, however, would have even more to think about

Then again, maby im reading too much into this.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-04-06 02:12 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-06 02:35   
At least you let me know it was a terrible proposal before I read it and agreed with you that its a terrible proposal.

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-06 02:49   

TL;DR? It's another post of bad ideas that adds no value to the game, or for NORMAL players on NORMAL connections with NORMAL hardware. Just ideas to once again cater to the lowest common denominators.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-06 03:18   

Besides.... If we were to go this route, then we shd let beams remain as they are and remove rhe ability to chain them to PD.

So, PD shd be a new gadget that does only one thing.... PD. Whether it'd be beam weaps or flak cannons or whatever, they shd have ratings according to hull class. Now whether larger ships shd have better or worse PD abilities is another question.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-06 05:06   
That was the entire point. They wont need a newly coded gadget, just a cannon that has the same damage of lasers, and a very high velocity.

This is not to cater to lower connections.

This is to give you a choice:
Do you want to be able to fend off missiles, or do you want to be able to slug it out at close range?

If the people you are fighting decide to focus on close range firepower, you can utilize missile ships in low numbers and actually be able to do something.

Missiles can still be dodged, and the players can have mixed loadouts of how much PD they want.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-06 06:11   
My preference would be beams as attack weaps first, then PD.

A simpler way will be to disable assault/heavy beams n flux/ELFs. That leaves only std beams for dual use.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-06 07:48   
err so you just stated you want the following ship's to lose there Beam damage...all of them UGTO has reflective and albentive. K'luth reliy on beam type weapons alot.

ICC use them on stations and the Ac,AD and a few other ship's

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-06 09:26   
No.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.014791 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR