No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sharing prestiege loss in a group
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Sharing prestiege loss in a group
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-10 17:16   
Share victory; share defeat.

as in regards to exploits, where you join a group and people blow up on purpose to make you lose prestige you should report it. I mean, you may not know as a noob to report it, but that's not something we can really fix? I dunno. Kinda sad.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-10 20:07   
Like I've said from the beginning.....sharing pres in a group? Fine. Sharing stats in a group? Not so fine.

It sucks having to explain to new people why grouping is bad, and almost every time they agree it's bad after learning what it's all about. Just change it to sharing base pres and not stats and it'll be a useful thing.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-10 20:10   
Quote:

On 2012-04-10 20:07, Talien wrote:
Like I've said from the beginning.....sharing pres in a group? Fine. Sharing stats in a group? Not so fine.

It sucks having to explain to new people why grouping is bad, and almost every time they agree it's bad after learning what it's all about. Just change it to sharing base pres and not stats and it'll be a useful thing.

So change it to only be beneficial? That seems kinda exploitous. You can have a bunch of people in a group and one of them just goes out while the others get free prestige. Almost power leveling, if you will.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-10 21:51   
Quote:

On 2012-04-10 20:10, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-04-10 20:07, Talien wrote:

So change it to only be beneficial? That seems kinda exploitous. You can have a bunch of people in a group and one of them just goes out while the others get free prestige. Almost power leveling, if you will.

I think what Tal meant was that pres gain and loss will be shared. But not the stat gain/loss.

Perhaps that could be fair to those who're concerned abt their stats like KD ratio. But it won't stop pres loss from sabotage or bad players.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-10 22:08   
Quote:

I think what Tal meant was that pres gain and loss will be shared. But not the stat gain/loss.

Perhaps that could be fair to those who're concerned abt their stats like KD ratio. But it won't stop pres loss from sabotage or bad players.

Exactly. Someone in your group gains pres, everyone does, someone in your group loses pres, everyone does, just not the stats themselves. I didn't selfdestruct, so why do I have points added to my SD stat? I wasn't in that Station that blew up, so why do I get a crapton of res lost added to my res lost stat? If I'm building, why does my construction stat go up at less than half of what it should and the rest is distributed to other people?

Again, pres, sure, up and down depending on the group. Stats? Add to your own stats yourself.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-10 22:20   
The following stats effect prestige, btw

edit: to clarify, prestige is directly calculated from these stats. Prestige is not a "number" it is based off these stats.

Positive:
Ships Damaged
Ships Captured
Repair
Construction
Kamikaze
Jumps
Scout
Bonus Prestige

Negative:
Friendly Fire
Self Destructs
Resourcles Lost

Kills and death could be removed from group prestige modifications relatively easily if it was approved since it doesn't effect prestige. I'll ask jack about it

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-04-10 22:35 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-10 23:17   
how about also taking the decimal point off of profiles too?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-11 00:02   
So pres is just a value based on the sum of your stats? Yeah I guess that'd make it hard to do anything with groups.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-11 04:00   
Quote:
On 2012-04-10 22:20, Fattierob wrote:
Kills and death could be removed from group prestige modifications relatively easily if it was approved since it doesn't effect prestige. I'll ask jack about it

Please.

Shall we have a member automatically removed from group if one logs off? That's the main reason why group is unfavorable.

Senti-Onikawa
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-12 19:29   
Quote:

On 2012-04-10 17:06, SupremeCommander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Meh thats why I dont group. When I group I lose more then I gain. Thus I do not group.

~SupremeCommander~Ray has spoken~

Depends who you group with. If you group with people who know what they're doing from the get-go, it becomes a gain more than a loss. If you group with older players who don't know what's happening or just new players, it's more like shooting yourself in the foot. Few players here are merciful, which is understandable. If you're still learning, make sure to keep away from them.

On the other hand, though, most will offer help when they can. I know there are some players, though, that will try to appeal in-game rules like no attacking engineers or supports. Just wanna facepalm when they ask stuff like that.

\"That's a good question... I wish I had an answer.\"

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-13 15:04   
Whenever i group both me and the person im with gain pres,

Simply dont die and if the other person is low on hull/armour get a suppy or ss [if you can and rep them up].

grouping is a good way to help lower leveled people level up just try to aviod dieing also if there such a low level the pres loss is tiny you should make more pres in 1 fight than you lose for a gunboat going bye bye...

I see no problem with the current grouping system just the people in the groups.

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-13 15:44   
Eh sometimes i group with newdies cuz it looks like they need a hand, and because some people did that for me.....

Email Alzek15
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-13 19:58   
Quote:

On 2012-04-13 15:44, Alzek15 wrote:
Eh sometimes i group with newdies cuz it looks like they need a hand, and because some people did that for me.....

Which is all good and cool until you get ganked by 4 enemy dreads perhaps while defending said Newbie. And the NoobToob comes over here to whine abt you intentionally dying on him to demote him.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-13 22:56   
Quote:

On 2012-04-13 19:58, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-04-13 15:44, Alzek15 wrote:

Which is all good and cool until you get ganked by 4 enemy dreads perhaps while defending said Newbie. And the NoobToob comes over here to whine abt you intentionally dying on him to demote him.

thats pretty much why I am pretty selective when I group.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.028218 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR