Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » AHR inefficiency
 Author AHR inefficiency
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-10 11:55   
AHR seems to waste itself on minor armor repairs that would be better spent actually repairing the hull or damaged systems.

What does it do, speed up armor repairs by about 3x?

It seems to be a waste because armor gets blown off so easily, and it could be reserved for fixing the inner hull damage which has no regeneration at all.

I mean, you lose one arc of armor, and the AHR will drain just as much as if you had all armor down, massive hull damage, and dozens of disabled systems.

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-10 12:09   
Ahr used to only repair hull, but it was changed. I'm actually unsure why it was changed now.

Stuff - edit

1.670 - Release (an excerpt)
- Tweaked AHR to repair all ships' hull to full over 10 minutes. AHR gadget repair rate also changed to now require 5 minutes to fully repair all gadgets (not counting the ship's automatic single-gadget repair feature).

- AHR and the new Damage Control can now only be reloaded by planets, depots, and platforms.
- HOTFIX: AHR and DC now repair armor, and costs ammo to do so. K'Luth Organic Armor regeneration rate lowered to compensate.

[ This Message was edited by: _SRM_Kenny on 2012-04-10 12:20 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-10 12:35   

It was tweaked because AHR was deemed by the devs to be, erm... OP.

It used to repair hull... and armor.... and gadgets. Now it repairs hull and armor. But armor regen rate is lowered to compensate. Once you run out or run low on AHR, it's best to bug out and get resupped pronto.

BTW, Kluthies... have you guys tried Chitin yet? Since armor regens pretty slow these days, perhaps Chitin may be a viable alternative? It almost gives you the same HP as standard armor. So you can tank it more, and then run for a supp plat to rep up and return.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-04-10 12:59   
I've tried chit... not worth it.

I use it on utility ships like engies, supplies, trannies. other than that... it evaporates just as fast(because its one plate around the ship, instead of arcs) and then you are screwed without AHR to rep it back.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-10 14:46   
meh... I kinda think organic armor should regenerate fairly fast on its own (slightly faster than UGTO standard?), and have the AHR only repair the hull.

And chitin, maybe it could be given shield colored rings to help differentiate it from the organic armor? I suggest that because it's really misleading otherwise.
It's misleading because your whole ship buffs up by 2 armor rings or so, but everything becomes damaged into the orange level from taking hits from one direction.

Or maybe I'm an idiot, because K'luth wouldn't have as big of a supply limitation then, would they?
ICC have their limited ammo, UGTO have their limited armor, and kluth have limited AHR I guess.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-04-10 16:12 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-10 20:38   

Think of all those sneaky supp plats u have in almost all the systems. AHR is always one jump
away from refill. Ditto system n hull reps.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-10 23:28   
As long as double AHR doesn't show up again im happy.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-11 04:07   
Quote:
On 2012-04-10 20:38, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Think of all those sneaky supp plats u have in almost all the systems.

I dislike sup plat. They tend to focus supply drone on the first one approaching them and they don't stop until that one is perfect. And you have no idea when you're the next one. Frustrating!

I would love if sup plat has supply field just like station, but range and power is half of station's field.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-11 06:20   
lol fluttershy u come up with a game change proposal every day

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-11 06:52   
AHR should just be removed now tbh. It doesnt give an advantage worth crap. Better to not have it at all, than have it sitting there taunting me with its uselessness as it takes me a minute to repair each gadget one by one.

To clarify my point:

If this idea of making AHR so pathetic was to make it more in line with the Humans, than it is no longer a factional perk, and should no be paraded as one.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2012-04-11 07:49 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-11 16:27   
AHR has a long history of faults that I decided to fix one day.

Firstly, it was never intended to repair armor, but due to an oversight in the ship repair code, it was not only repairing the ship and its gadgets, it was repairing the ship once, the gadgets without armor once, and the gadgets with armor once.

This was causing havoc with system damage balance, considering that K'Luth were entirely immune to system damage (your gadgets would literally repair for 25% of their hp twice), I felt it was time to take a look at it and fix it.

I had implimented a fix for this and submitted it, but then felt that AHR didn't make much sense in its repair values. Due to the nature of the gaps between hull hp and armor hp, it made more sense to repair a percentage than a set value, so I went with that.

At first it was only hull and gadgets. I felt that was a pit pants, and the K'Luth players said it would be handy to allow the AHR to repair armor, so I added that in but lowered the organic repair rate a tad so it didn't shoot through the roof when AHR kicked it (it's still much higher overall).

I submitted this, the K'Luth then stated that they felt the AHR ammo was a bit low considering armor and gadget repairs now cost ammo - so I increased the ammo by 50%.

And now we're here today. I'm not denying the hull repair rate could probably be looked at for smaller ships and improved, but overall for Dreads and large ships, I think it helps just fine, and is fine as it is (it more than doubles the gadget repair rate).

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-11 18:09   
Is it even possible to have the AHR drain according to how many systems are being serviced?

If only one arc of armor is getting fixed, it should drain slowly, if the whole ship is torn to pieces, it should be draining like 20 times faster.

If you could increase the ammo on AHR, and have variable AHR usage, that might be even better.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-11 18:27   
Again, I just find it funny that every time K'Luth gets "fixed", its the equivelant meaning of what you do to an animal. Fixing us always ALWAYS means weakening something about us, while fixing UGTO seems to nearly always make them stronger. I mean, one would think that the game never even functioned before these changes.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-11 19:29   
Quote:

On 2012-04-11 18:27, Azreal wrote:
Again, I just find it funny that every time K'Luth gets "fixed", its the equivelant meaning of what you do to an animal. Fixing us always ALWAYS means weakening something about us, while fixing UGTO seems to nearly always make them stronger. I mean, one would think that the game never even functioned before these changes.

Like the last few fixes to UGTO that have nerfed them?

And the last few fixes to K'Luth that have made them stronger?

You're welcome to your opinion, but when the dev log and facts don't back you up, you end up looking a bit daft. Someone with a bit of sense would also realise that a game changes, and that just because something remains the same for years, doesn't mean that it doesn't change relative to everything else around it.

I talked to K'Luth players EXTENSIVLY about the new AHR (something to which all of PB can attest to), and the cloak was talked about publicly on the forums. You can scream and shout all you want, but luckily for us, the facts are in our favour.

I'd like to believe this could turn into a meaningful discussion, but yet again, I fear that this will simply turn into a back and forth of disagreement (surprise!).

I'll look into some minor AHR changes (likely be nothing but lowered repair hull times for smaller ships), but overall I'm fairly certain K'Luth are happy with the current AHR.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-04-11 19:33 ]

Page created in 0.018095 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR