No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +7.9 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » just a tought about shields, chitious and stuff
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author just a tought about shields, chitious and stuff
Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-04-15 09:17   
shields use energy to run. so if ship runs out of energy, do they get broken like cloak??

i tried to use chit once... you live a bit longer. but still aint worth over ahr.. anyways. had a tought about it about that ahr thing few days ago. chit and ahr was a good option to choose between. but chit doesnt really measure up to ahr now.. so how about if ahr is set to rep hull only. and there is a second device called aar (automater armor repair) that can be changed with chitious.
for that will be neccesary to raise armor regen back to normal for luth... and the aar will give it a small rep boost. so ship without aar wold still have some regenerating ability. one with arr will have better regen, one with chit will be tougher.. toughts?

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-04-15 10:01   
Thats a good point you have about shileds..... But i dont think the Devs would do anything about it Cuz, Well you know how ICC QQ so yea.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-15 10:01   

Having an AAR will only complicate things. I feel that AHR is sufficient. Perhaps Chit needs a bit more HP, perhaps AHR needs to work slightly faster, but I think that's abt it.

As for shields, I believe they have their own energy store. But yeah, you do have a point regarding the ship's energy.

If the main energy bank runs out, do the shields' regen stop?

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-04-15 10:10   
If the ship runs out of energy that wouldn't mean the shields would fail there an then, the lore could be the engine just keeps the energy pool for shields at 100%

The only game mechanic you'd have to incorporate is to stop shield regeneration when energy is 0 because there wouldn't be energy pouring into the pool anymore, but the engines make energy constantly, so that probably wouldn't work either.

Also the whole IQQ thing is a bit old now, considering your complaining about ICC complaining..

A Ducks, a Duck.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-04-15 10:12 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-15 13:07   
Quote:

On 2012-04-15 10:01, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Having an AAR will only complicate things. I feel that AHR is sufficient. Perhaps Chit needs a bit more HP, perhaps AHR needs to work slightly faster, but I think that's abt it.

As for shields, I believe they have their own energy store. But yeah, you do have a point regarding the ship's energy.

All gadgets have their own energy pool, which is charged from the ships energy pool.

If there is no energy to pull from, then the gadget stops charging - this includes shields.

On a whole, I feel AHR is fine on larger ships, and could probably use a small boost to repair rates on smaller ships. Chit is already planned to be looked at when we revise armor and shield changes.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-15 13:09   
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 09:17, Ravendark wrote:
shields use energy to run. so if ship runs out of energy, do they get broken like cloak?

Quote:

In Luth case, the user forces cloak to work even though the ship consumes more energy than it produces. Hence, cloak is broken.
But in ICC case, shields ain't forced to work, I guess. They just spend all the increment energy to regen.
Although Kenny's suggestion is obvious, I, at some degree, support the idea that shields are broken when running out of energy.
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 09:17, Ravendark wrote:
i tried to use chit once... you live a bit longer. but still aint worth over ahr.

Quote:
Perhaps Chit needs a bit more HP, perhaps AHR needs to work slightly faster, but I think that's abt it.

What makes AHR so pretty?
Imagine a ship has 4 armor, AHR repairs all of them at the same time. On a dread, you have 7 armor repaired thanks to AHR. When you switch to chitin, not only no armor & hull is repaired, Chitin get hit at all direction.

Information of repair rate
  • Albative = 20
  • Composite = 119
  • Organic = 50
  • Chitin = 25

Each supply drone or AHR increases the repair rate of the armor to arithmatically. For example, repair rate of (organic + ahr) = 50*2, (organic + ahr + sup drone) = 50*3, (chitin + sup drone) = 25*2. Although Chitin has faster repair rate than Ablative, but Chitin total HP is higher than Ablative, thus it takes longer time to repair fully Chitin (without sup drone). This is intolerant for Luth player.

Unless Chitin self repair rate increases to at least 100, else I don't see a reason to use it. Once a time I tried chitin on Hive or Worker because I thought ships with sup drone didn't need AHR. But soon I realized chitin did not help when ship cloaked. That's terrible because organic repair rate was already slow. Besides, when I was in Hive or Worker, my purpose is to repair ally, not myself. Can't deny that Chitin is like garbage when it's alternative is AHR!

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2012-04-15 15:30   
aar complicates...well hmm..i cant seem to figure it out why?
ahr reps only hull. arr only armor. it can be changed with chit. no big of a complication here....or? either you have more armor, or you regen faster.

anyway something about energy got to me again.
blowing up a reactor. what if reactor took damage if energy was out and gadgets were charging? since it would "overload" them.
so energy managment would become the neccesary skill for everyone.
today i was playin on my alt and allied dread reported me that his reactor is out... that sounded so sci-fi spacey awsome (thou i feel sorry for a guy).
and btw THAT would complicate things! lol

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-15 15:44   
I'm personally in favor of changing chit to be swappable with organic instead of AHR. Chit would have more health overall, but have a much higher mass penality (meaning your maunverability is reduced) and maybe a signature penality.

I think it's an interesting choice that would help out for customizability
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-04-15 16:19 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-15 20:37   
Quote:

On 2012-04-15 15:44, Fattierob wrote:
I'm personally in favor of changing chit to be swappable with organic instead of AHR. Chit would have more health overall, but have a much higher mass penality (meaning your maunverability is reduced) and maybe a signature penality.

I like this too. Really can't make Chit on par with AHR without extreme measures, and even then I'm sure people would rather keep the AHR.

Better to give it some kind of utility somehow, and swappable with organic is a great way to give Kluth the option of surviability over agility. (and maybe detection).

-Ent

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-15 22:38   
Quote:

Interesting idea.

Plus one on this...

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 05:51   
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 20:37, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

I think it's an interesting choice that would help out for customizability.

Better to give it some kind of utility somehow, and swappable with organic is a great way to give Kluth the option of surviability over agility. (and maybe detection).

Agree with Ent. Fattie is awesome!

Btw, does a ship spend more energy to move when it's heavier? If heavier mass results higher signature, then there is no need of a signature penalty.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 05:55   
Quote:

This makes more sense to me. Changing out an armor for an armor makes better sense than changing out armor for a gadget especially when that gadget is "supposed to be" a faction perk. I can argue later over whether ahr is efficient enough, but it makes no sense to be swappable for armor.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-04-16 06:00   
Quote:

On 2012-04-16 05:51, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-04-15 20:37, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

I think it's an interesting choice that would help out for customizability.

Agree with Ent. Fattie is awesome!

Btw, does a ship spend more energy to move when it's heavier? If heavier mass results higher signature, then there is no need of a signature penalty.

Would make sense to take a mass penalty, resulting in lower turn rates and acceleration.

As for sig, I'm not so sure.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-16 07:48   
Quote:

Btw, does a ship spend more energy to move when it's heavier?

No, but I really, really, REALLY like this idea.

-Ent

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-04-16 08:56   
Quote:

On 2012-04-16 07:48, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

Btw, does a ship spend more energy to move when it's heavier?

No, but I really, really, REALLY like this idea.

-Ent

Actually, it sort of does. Engine output increases per level, the faster you go, the less the output is, so while it looks the same, you're actually losing more output to move the heavier ship.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023495 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR