No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » MI invasion
 Author MI invasion
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-17 21:34   
Was it an event? Are there any prizes?

(there was a big invasion of MI into Dres-Kona mostly, around 4-5 of us on ICC and UGTO killed a couple nodes and a lot of dreads)

The reason I am asking is that the ships that were invading were nexus dreads/stations and they usually don't come out of MI space)
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-04-17 21:37 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-04-17 23:10   
Probably some dev or admin or mod (My money is on Doran) got bored and ran a script that spawns a crap-ton of them. That's usually is how it goes.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-18 00:05   
I would love if DS has a daily invasion time for MI and Pirate. Imagine after the daily reset, all Nexus 14 members appear in Kaus. Then 3 hours later, whole Rogens Raiders invade. These daily events makes the game more interesting... I do hope we have more simple daily event like this.

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-04-18 03:56   
What I would like to see, not quite daily invasions...

First off, both MI and Pirates, especially Pirates, need improvements before they can really do this effectively.
AI in general will also need to be modified a bit to boost this.

Here's how I envisioned it...

Buildup
1. Display message across MV - Long range scouts detect (Player Faction/MI/Pirate) forces building up in (System)
2. Spawn a small fleet of AI ships in (System). Should be no more than 6 or so, with leader dreadnought. The fleet remains in system, orbiting a planet (Probably SY) for the next half hour. May be set to defend the planets in that system, if possible. (Possible systems: Lalande, 61 Cyg-A, Delta Pavonis, Procyon A, Lymar. Associated with faction the fleet belongs to.)
3. Fleet remains in the system for the next couple of hours. Here's where it gets somewhat complex.
3a. Players have the option of attempting to destroy this fleet before it launches. The fleet itself has an identifier in it's member ship's names to make this a bit easier. (Note: Players will also have to fight the generic defending ships as well as hunting down the fleet ships to succeed here.)
3b. After the waiting period ends, and at least 1 fleet ship remains, trigger "Invasion"
4. Fleet ships move to nearest server gate and despawn.

Invasion!!
1. Display message across MV - Scouts detect a (Faction) fleet approaching Sagittarius!
2. Generic wait (Half hour)
3. Display message across MV - (Faction) fleet has arrived and is invading Sagittarius!
3a. Fleet spawns. Consists of 6 ships. During this period, generic AI spawn is increased by 3. (Or whatever amount devs decide.)
4. So long as the leader Dreadnought is alive, replacement ships spawn every minute.
5. Fleet attempts to capture planets in the system they spawn in, and move along until destroyed.
6. Once fleet is destroyed, display message "(faction) fleet has been defeated!"

TRIGGERS:
How does this occur?
For MI/Pirates, random chance of occurring once every 24 or 48 hours.
Faction fleets, random chance of occurring once every 24 or 48 hours, OR faction holds less than 4 planets in Sagittarius.

NOTES:
Lead Dreadnoughts have extra armor
Stations can and should spawn for MI/Pirates during this time
Each fleet gets 1 transport filled with infantry for invasion purposes that despawns after dropping, and respawns if destroyed/despawned, so long as the fleet is still active

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-18 08:26   
a little off topic but ive always wondered what would happen if the mi base planet(eassl) got a sy? it would probably be pretty epic

Email Alzek15
Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-18 12:17   

[ This Message was edited by: Brony on 2012-04-18 12:18 ]

Page created in 0.032476 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR