No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » URGH
 Author URGH
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 16:19   
I've managed to be on less than an hr today and crashed 3 times
plz someone explain when this will be fixed and if this is related to the server transfer

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 16:23   
What kind of crashing? Can you be more specific and remember if you are doing anything related to all the times it crashed?

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 17:28   
I was killing people and Black screen with that note saying disconnected

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-03 21:22   
Posting the contents of the Client.log in the /.Cache/DarkSpace directory would help a lot.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 06:34   
I heard players complained that before jumping, their hull had been 100%, but when jump finished, their hull suddenly dropped below 50% although nothing attacked them.

I found out a bug in this map. I selected a new ship, along with resource in garrage, then clicked launch. The new ship spawned, without the resource. There was no way to pull the resource out of garrage. And when I logged that ship into SY, it didn't appear in garrage.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-04 07:01   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 06:34, chlorophyll wrote:
I heard players complained that before jumping, their hull had been 100%, but when jump finished, their hull suddenly dropped below 50% although nothing attacked them.

This is due to player latency and we can't do anything to fix it.

Not sure about the pulling ship out one. If it's a ship in garage, it won't cost any resources to spawn - nor will small ships.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 08:06   
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 07:01, Pantheon wrote:
Not sure about the pulling ship out one. If it's a ship in garage, it won't cost any resources to spawn - nor will small ships.

It applied to grand new ship. I launched new free ship with resource but it didn't contain anything in cargo when pulled out. And it didn't appear in garrage when log in Sagi. I already had 6 ships in garrage, and yesterday I could launch 1 bomber fri, 1 transport, 3 engi without removing any of them. It meant my garrage supposed to have 11 ships but it still had 6 ships. It happened yesterday in Sagi.

Another problem, when I logged as ICC, at first all the SY were available for me to choose. But when I chose one in Sagi, suddenly all SY disappeared, and server only allowed to launch in Van Maanen (newbie server). I tried again, and same issue occured. I logged off, wait 2 mins then switch to UGTO. The issue didn't happen. I was pretty sure there were ICC SY in Sagi at the mean time because when I was in game, 2 ICC had been already playing in Dres Kona before me, with Jim in Carrier.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-05-04 08:12 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-04 09:53   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 08:06, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 07:01, Pantheon wrote:

It applied to grand new ship. I launched new free ship with resource but it didn't contain anything in cargo when pulled out. And it didn't appear in garrage when log in Sagi. I already had 6 ships in garrage, and yesterday I could launch 1 bomber fri, 1 transport, 3 engi without removing any of them. It meant my garrage supposed to have 11 ships but it still had 6 ships. It happened yesterday in Sagi.

Another problem, when I logged as ICC, at first all the SY were available for me to choose. But when I chose one in Sagi, suddenly all SY disappeared, and server only allowed to launch in Van Maanen (newbie server). I tried again, and same issue occured. I logged off, wait 2 mins then switch to UGTO. The issue didn't happen. I was pretty sure there were ICC SY in Sagi at the mean time because when I was in game, 2 ICC had been already playing in Dres Kona before me, with Jim in Carrier.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-05-04 08:12 ]

First issue sounds like you were heavily desynced, possibly you weren't receiving any data from the server at all for whatever reason (and if it was the server, it'd have been offline), again, I have to suspect that it may have something to do with your line quality, as nothing we have changed would affect that.

Second issue is a known one since we optimised some stuff, and will be looked into at some point soon.

Airwolf^
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-04 14:27   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 16:23, Fattierob wrote:
What kind of crashing? Can you be more specific and remember if you are doing anything related to all the times it crashed?

]

usually its just before he dies... everytime.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 06:14   
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 09:53, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 08:06, chlorophyll wrote:

First issue sounds like you were heavily desynced, possibly you weren't receiving any data from the server at all for whatever reason (and if it was the server, it'd have been offline), again, I have to suspect that it may have something to do with your line quality, as nothing we have changed would affect that.

Probably the mother of all bugs... *Warning, Pictures*
Another report.

It's safe to forget my line quality. It has improved gradually. There is an international report that internet quality in my country was better and cheaper than most of my neighbouring countries.

There was a time, I recall, you say there was no change to game and concluded my internet line quality was the cause. Later, Fautus revealed he did something in background without announcment and he had to reverse the progress since it went wrong. What I wanna say is, a player obviously is used to his own internet speed. His experience can tell whether desynchronization or game bug when he plays the game frequently! Everyone is alerted when Internet speed get worse because there are many activities on internet aside playing DS. On my part, I definitely complaint my ISP before I say anything on DS forum when it comes to internet quality.

There are many hot fixes these days, you should suspect them.

Page created in 0.021096 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR