Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Rogen's pirate trannies
 Author Rogen's pirate trannies
Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-05-03 20:14   
Me and 2 others decided to go cap a sector back in Rogen's Rift from the Pirates. Not long after we got to a planet and started bombing, swarms of pirate transports started jumping in. They would then drop off Elite pirate troops on our ships and then ram into the planet. Me, having an engineer with a hold full of resources and no troops, quickly got capped. The other 2 players were having one pirate troop after another dropped onto their ships, but their own troops always fought them off for the little bit of time that we were there.

Now i don't know if it is supposed to be that way, but there was no transport pods coming from the pirate trannies. The pirate troops were just appearing in our holds. No ecm was on but a scanner was if that would have helped.

The pirate station soon jumped to the planet also and killed one of the other players who couldn't see it. That seems to happen with the pirate station more than any other AI ship.

So If RR is supposed to be a server for lower ranked players, then it isn't going to be very easy for them to play in with the way it is now. Just getting a foothold there could be tough.

Also after I spawned my engy again at a Sag shipyard, the pirate troop was still on it but it's faction was changed to mine.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-03 20:33   
I agree with that the pirate constellation should be a more easier path for newbies to try out.
We will have to talk this over with the other developers to see if we could further limit the pirate capture situation. maybe increase there charge rate, or decrease there range a bit.

But from the dev log
Quote:
* Added in the new pirate special weapon(DropPod). The Drop Pod places a hostile pirate infantry on your ship that is proficient in ship capturing! Be wary when fighting pirates lest you become their booty, as some of their larger ships carry more then one of these!

Yes they don't shoot pods they shoot infantry directly onto your ship. This was supposed to be tested extensively but the server move demanded a patch and could not be avoided. Further balance testing will be done ASAP and we will adjust the newly added pirate gadgets to better balance them out in the future..

Hope this answers the questions
E.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-03 20:34   
Not sure if title intended to be funny, or just poor phrasing.

-Ent

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 20:42   
The drop pods have a range of 350 gu. If that's too large of a distance it could be made smaller like (250? 175?). Also, most pirate ships don't have infantry onboard so they are easily cappable as well.

Rogen's isn't the newbie cluster. It's still rank capped but it shouldn't be the first stop for new players, it should be for players who have a grasp of the game mechanics and need to fight things that can actually kill them

edit: Also, I need feedback for the ships and how they perform.
[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob on 2012-05-03 21:06 ]

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-05-03 20:45   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 20:34, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

Just poor phrasing, lol. Trannies is what I have always called transport ships in DS. When writing the post I even went back through it and changed a lot of my DS slang when I realized how much I was using.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-03 22:25   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 20:45, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 20:34, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

Just poor phrasing, lol. Trannies is what I have always called transport ships in DS. When writing the post I even went back through it and changed a lot of my DS slang when I realized how much I was using.

Just wait till Rogen really drops transvestites on your ship.

Only the very brave of your sailor boys with eclectic tastes will elect to stay behind. The rest will abandon ship.

Null Pointer
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-04 00:48   
Quote:

Rogen's pirate trannies

We got to find a better nickname for transports

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-05-04 03:29   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 22:25, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Only the very brave of your sailor boys with eclectic tastes will elect to stay behind. The rest will abandon ship.

Lol I never even thought of it referring to that. No wonder Enterprise thought the title was supposed to be silly : )

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-04 05:45   
Frob...

Please tell me you fixed the thing where the pirate drop pods had unlimited ammo and an infinite fire rate?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-04 06:25   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 05:45, Gejaheline wrote:
Frob...

Please tell me you fixed the thing where the pirate drop pods had unlimited ammo and an infinite fire rate?

sure, i'll tell you that

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 06:31   
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 20:14, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
The pirate station soon jumped to the planet also and killed one of the other players who couldn't see it. That seems to happen with the pirate station more than any other AI ship.

Happened with me too.

I have a feeling that this new server connection is fast, but it has a slow response on what happens in game. My latency in game has been cut down in half, compare to the old server. But I notice when I click on any planet, the information updates more slowly than the old one.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-04 09:54   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 06:31, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-05-03 20:14, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:

Happened with me too.

I have a feeling that this new server connection is fast, but it has a slow response on what happens in game. My latency in game has been cut down in half, compare to the old server. But I notice when I click on any planet, the information updates more slowly than the old one.

That doesn't make sense and again, I would point to your distance from the server and/or connection quality as the reason.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-05-04 09:57 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-05 13:44   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 20:42, Fattierob wrote:
The drop pods have a range of 350 gu. If that's too large of a distance it could be made smaller like (250? 175?). Also, most pirate ships don't have infantry onboard so they are easily cappable as well.

Since it's a gadget that causes Pirate inf to directly appear on your ship without pods I'd say more like 50-100 GU. I like the idea behind it and Pirates really do need something that makes them stand out, but 350 GU range is kinda ridiculous.

Quote:

On 2012-05-03 22:25, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

So.....Rogen's band of merry men are using Ru Paul clones as a terror weapon?
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-05-05 13:49 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-05 20:30   

My only concern is whether there is a visual representation of that Drop Pod.

Unless these pirates have grown a pair of pincers, the only guys ard with cloak shd be Kluth.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-06 04:47   
not about the pods themselves, but imho ai should also be limited regarding their avaible ships

what is the rank limitation on the newbee server ? dessies ?
going after a station (or dread...) is really tough esp for someone new to this game
and i would have quitted in this constellation back in the days i started ds

Page created in 0.022625 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR