No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » PD Failure
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author PD Failure
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-05 10:53   
So i'm in MV fighting with the gangila's and My PD absolutely fails i have ECCM and a teamate giving more ECCM i still have energy and my PD is ON how does a FULL VOLLEY of shrouds hammer me going straight through my pd
any answers

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-05 11:10   
if you can't see the missiles, you can't shoot them down.

Otherwise, I have never seen PD fail to shoot down a detected hostile missile/fighter and unless I see a video otherwise i'm inclined to believe this is impossible (except for cases of extreme latency)

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 11:28   
Pulse shield is useless as well!!! its should have a little more range... or be swappable with aux gen.... or eccm or something

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-05 11:38   
we had eccm on fatt 4 to be exact and we saw the missile put the PD FAILED

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 12:02   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 11:28, Critus wrote:
Pulse shield is useless as well!!! its should have a little more range... or be swappable with aux gen.... or eccm or something

That is because pulse is given a chance to hit rating now. Lame if u ask me. I'd love to see flux wave get the same to-hit rating myself, or see it (chance to hit) dropped completely.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-05 14:28   
in the description of the Pulse shield it says Destroys EVERYTHING within 300gu well sure give it a chance to destroy everything
BUT make it destroy something when it doesnt destroy Missiles or Fighters all of which are witthin 300gu at all not even one thats a problem and so useless

*Neon*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 15:42   
In my humble opinion the ganglia/shroud combination is pretty op atm as it is very hard to counter. The pulse shield should kill shroud even if the pd cant see them.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-05 15:54   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 15:42, Neon. wrote:
In my humble opinion the ganglia/shroud combination is pretty op atm as it is very hard to counter. The pulse shield should kill shroud even if the pd cant see them.

Pulse Shield should be killing them regardless of whether you can see them or not.

Email Jim Starluck
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-05 16:25   
Pulse is garbage since it was nerfed after the FF aspect was removed, plenty of times I've had multiple missiles/fighters within 200 GU and it hasn't killed a single one.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-05 16:56   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 16:25, Talien wrote:
Pulse is garbage since it was nerfed after the FF aspect was removed, plenty of times I've had multiple missiles/fighters within 200 GU and it hasn't killed a single one.

It's far from garbage, it has a 65% chance to kill any projectile in its area of effect. We can increased the area of effect or the chance, but we found that anything above 80% was very, very, very powerful - more so than any other tool factions have.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-05 19:58   
not to be an acehole here.... But, cloak dissengages all misiles fired at you at infinate range,,,,,,

also flux wave damages all ships within its range 100 percent of the time, even cloaked ones.

While where on the subject, why can a combat dread with a full load of pulse beams and a pulse shield, not keep up with destroying one stations worth of harpex missiles? Used to, even back when pd only took out one projectile at a time, two pulse beams could take out six it missiles, that travel faster than harpex, befor they impacted your ship, if you made a turn at the last possible second.

This was befor the server migration and befor this latest version. At 56ms of latency

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-05 20:19   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 16:56, Pantheon wrote:

It's far from garbage, it has a 65% chance to kill any projectile in its area of effect. We can increased the area of effect or the chance, but we found that anything above 80% was very, very, very powerful - more so than any other tool factions have.

Increasing the AoE may be a good idea. All of the modern missiles are about 50% faster than their predecessors, which means there's less time where they're inside the Pulse Shield AoE before they hit. It could be that due to latency, players are activating the Pulse Shield, but the server doesn't register the activation until after it's determined the missiles hit. Giving them a bigger window in which to activate it may help alleviate this.

Email Jim Starluck
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-05 21:55   
the fact is that right now the PD vs Shrouds specifically is SUCKS PERIOD

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 22:12   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 21:55, Fatal Devil Dog wrote:
the fact is that right now the PD vs Shrouds specifically is SUCKS PERIOD

weird how you say that as I can pretty much eat ganglia's for lunch with a combat dread. Could it be your latency? My single combat dread with eccm on PD's most of the missiles ever fired at it by ganglia's. Occasionally a few will get through, but what would the fun be if the ganglia couldn't hit anything at all and all missiles were PD'd 100% of the time?

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-06 00:14   
brut this isnt just me latency shouldnt much to do with PD since its automated i would think
plus sure its wierd but when 2 CD's cant PD one missile thats buggy with ECCM

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020406 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR