Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Which Faction?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Which Faction?
soul0reaper
Midshipman

Posted: 2012-05-06 12:08   
Reading the faction wiki doesn't give me really all the details I'd like about which faction to play. Can someone elaborate on them?
The impression I got was The first one has no shields and only hull, the second one uses torpedoes and shields, and the third one are the vietcong. I'd like some more detail on all of that...

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-06 12:53   
First of all, welcome to DS!

The UGTO has armor, not shields. If they had only hull it'd be horrible.
Armor has higher HP than shields, however armor plates only cover one arc, and when your armor on that arc is down and you're getting hit on that arc, you're taking hull damage. UGTO ships do well at medium range.

ICC ships have shields, which can be redirected-that is, you can shunt HP from one arc to another. Cruisers and up also have Composite Armor plates under their shields, which have pretty much the same HP as UGTO armor. ICC ships do well at long ranges and are very energy-efficient.

K'luth ships have weak armor, however that is compensated by a Cloaking Device, which can hide the ship as long as it has energy to function. You cannot fire weapons or jump while cloaked. K'luth ships do well at close range, however their weapons suck a lot of energy. They are the hit and run faction.

This goes for most of the faction's ships, but there are exceptions, such as the K'luth Ganglia(long range missile boat) and the ICC Assault Dreadnought(close range assault ship).

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions you can /send Persistance and I'll be happy to help

[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-05-06 12:55 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-07 02:18   
if you are pure evil, join luth
if you LOVE love love brony ponies, join icc
all others, join ugto

edit: u are right DD, i corrected it:)
[ This Message was edited by: Bang! on 2012-05-07 03:22 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 02:29   
Persistance u so helpful lol

and bang i resent that statement that ICC Love ponies
ICC Love love loves Bronies

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 04:36   
K'luth = lame and viet-al-cong-qeida like
UGTO = Boring people and bronies and dominating with flying dildos
ICC = the chill lounge of general cruiser superiority and junk everything else

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 09:40   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 04:36, iwancoppa wrote:

Fail

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-07 09:53   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 04:36, iwancoppa wrote:

No bias here.

Anyways. Try out each faction over time. Don't join a fleet unless you love one particular one. I find its better to be fleetless to join what you feel like playing as.

UGTO = a balance between all metrics, from speed to damage. Though they do have the best armor.

ICC = They are best at range and speed, though they do lack in overall firepower. Their main defense is shields, which has better regeneration but less overall HP.

K'luth - Hit and run. They use cloak as their main offense and defense. They have the best firepower but are easily killed. Glass cannons. . They require timing and teamwork to be the most effective.

-Ent

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-07 11:55   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 09:53, Enterprise wrote:

Anyways. Try out each faction over time. Don't join a fleet unless you love one particular one. I find its better to be fleetless to join what you feel like playing as.

UGTO = a balance between all metrics, from speed to damage. Though they do have the best armor.

ICC = They are best at range and speed, though they do lack in overall firepower. Their main defense is shields, which has better regeneration but less overall HP.

K'luth - Hit and run. They use cloak as their main offense and defense. They have the best firepower but are easily killed. Glass cannons. . They require timing and teamwork to be the most effective.

ICC have no advantage in speed, I don't know where people keep getting this from. ICC ships have a slight advantage in turn rate over UGTO/Kluth equivalents because shields have no mass.

Everything else though, yeah, pretty much got it. Though UGTO perform better as the range gets shorter because their cannons do less damage over longer distances.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-07 11:57   
Talien, ICC ships accelerate faster, I believe that was what he was getting at.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:13   
patheon what if we give icc a faster JD charge
or maybe 2 or so gu overall speed increase to help with that

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:14   
Soul Reaper
u want to join ICC just saying

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:18   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 11:57, Pantheon wrote:

I never really noticed much difference, but then again I never really looked for it. Makes me curious though, I think I'll hop in beta and check it out.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:21   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 11:57, Pantheon wrote:

This. ICC ships have less mass, thus the have a greater advantage in overall manueverability.

-Ent

Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-08 10:08   
My flag ship for example wont get its full speed on the fly, but say your ina cruiser or frigate, you hit the green button and bam! Your at 200-300 gu ahead.

Email Admiral C. Wilson
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-10 05:17   
UGTO- Brawlers. They turn slow, accelerate slow, but can go on a rampage and slug the crud out of enemies at close range. Weapons deal most damage point blank but since UGTO explosives have high splash you generally do not want to be point blank. Armor makes them have high mass which means they turn and accelerate slow. Armor also has the highest HP and special armors have resistances to damage types. They lose mass when they lose armor and thus when they are stripped of armor they are as fast as other factions when they are stripped of armor. Usually utilizes a slow advance starting from mid range or when the time is right a full on CQC slug fest. Longer range combat mostly relies on capital ship's Quantum Singularity Torpedoes.

ICC- Not long range, but when fighting against the two present factions has the advantage at long range. Weapons do not have fall off and are faster than other factions. (A true long range faction would have increased damage the farther they are from the enemy, IE Reverse Falloff. Instead ICC is given an incentive to fight at long range because they are not punished for doing so unlike other factions. If a true long ranged faction fought ICC ICC would benefit from closing the distance.)
ICC ships utilize shields which have much more regeneration than armor. Shields also have extremely low mass, giving ICC ships superior turning and acceleration until the enemy ship equals the ICC ship's mass by losing armor. Shields also are redirectable to one arc, effectively allowing you to tank more burst damage and use all of your shields before you actually lose armor and/or hull. Thus ICC benefit from staying at a distance from the enemy and wearing them down with long ranged fire where the enemy cannot retaliate. ICC also has arguably the best combat endurance bar UGTO spamming repair ships. Tactics include any way to maintain distance be it interdictors or just having smaller ships dodge fire and jump when the enemy does.

Kluth- Short range, the optimal range is at the very edge of beam range as Kluth beams do not suffer from fall off. So you don't want to be point blank, but close enough to beam the enemy. Cloak allows for first strike capability and repositioning. Also usable as an escape mechanism but if determined the enemy can track you down. Time in cloak is time not shooting, but the enemy can still blind fire against you. Kluth in compensation for cloak have less armor but also have a regenerating device which allows for repairing while repositioning. Also to fully utilize the repositioning benefit all weapons can usually shoot forward while almost none shoot behind. This is because first strike and repositioning should allow you to use the full frontal blow while having no one smack your rear. Cloak tactics are numerous, the most obvious one is decloaking at an enemy's rear and unloading.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020385 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR