Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Voidraptor
11th - SatchBoogie

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Which Faction?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Which Faction?
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-10 12:38   
dispite spaceadm's bias openion, icc is the long range faction.

Thats not to say we have a vast difference in range than the other factions, just that we do more damage than they do from long range.

Just to entertain your idea spaceadm, wtf are we supposed to do about kluth if our weapons have reverse falloff? Chuckles.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-05-10 12:45 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-10 12:45   
Technically it's not that ICC does more damage at long range, it's just UGTO and luth do less damage as range increases. That actually doesn't matter too much though since they have unlimited ammo.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-11 20:12   
Quote:

On 2012-05-10 12:38, Defiance*CO* wrote:
dispite spaceadm's bias openion, icc is the long range faction.

Thats not to say we have a vast difference in range than the other factions, just that we do more damage than they do from long range.

Just to entertain your idea spaceadm, wtf are we supposed to do about kluth if our weapons have reverse falloff? Chuckles.
[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-05-10 12:45 ]

In this game vs two extremely short ranged factions yes you can consider ICC the ranged faction out of the bunch. But they don't get punished for getting into CQC, it's that the enemy gets vastly rewarded.

Also with Darkspace game mechanics I do agree reverse falloff would kill ICC but most games don't have a whole faction of cloakers that can close distance to point blank.

Look at a sniper. Theoretically it does the same damage point blank and at long range. However the immense difficulty of aiming point blank would be the "reverse falloff" replacement in this case. They have "dps" punishment at close range as many more shots miss. A direct comparison could be made by making a weapon accelerate in speed exponentially till it hits max range with a very slow starting speed (IE a cold launched rocket speeding up). This would cause that faction (let's call it faction A) to have a numerical advantage at long range and would benefit from putting distance between themselves and a faction like ICC. In this situation ICC would want to close distance to exploit the enemy's weakness at close range while having no punishment for close combat. Again this would probably not work in Darkspace given the extremely close nature of the other two factions but it would be a better idea than reverse damage falloff.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-11 20:31   
Why do K'luth have the fastest engines when clearly the ICC are the ones that really need it?

speed is probably the best enhancement you could put on an ICC cruiser, and I've seen ones that can run from or chase down destroyers.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-11 20:58   
Quote:

On 2012-05-11 20:31, Fluttershy wrote:
Why do K'luth have the fastest engines when clearly the ICC are the ones that really need it?

speed is probably the best enhancement you could put on an ICC cruiser, and I've seen ones that can run from or chase down destroyers.

And some of those ICC cruisers can outturn frigs. seriously, i compared with a interceptor frig. well, the human factions gadgets are pretty similar. We use the same basic engines, the ICC ships just have less mass to push around.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.010774 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR