Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Eve_is_crap
14th - Durden

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Brace for impact! We are going to crush depth!
 Author Brace for impact! We are going to crush depth!
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 04:34   
Planned Features - Alpha
- Weapon and defense rebalance.

title says it all.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-05-07 05:39   
defence rebalance was expected, it was featured in the 1.673 betaserver.

weapon rebalance is a bit new, hope to see more reasonable and dependable offensive strength for the ships. maybe new weapons.

first 1.6, then 1.67, then 1.672, 1.673 and now this - how awesome can the devteam get?xD

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-07 07:40   
Quote:

first 1.6, then 1.67, then 1.672, 1.673 and now this - how awesome can the devteam get?xD

I think I'll wait to see what comes out of it before I start praising the dev team-hopefully the Siphon doesn't get 100 aux reactors.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-07 10:32   
General concensus between the devs for a while is that weapons do too much damage, a lot of them make no sense mathematicly (disruptors are the most energy effecient weapon in the game, etc).

Myself and Fattierob are going to look into it and do some major tweaking to pretty much everything so that hopefully we have a better base to work on.

Beams do too much damage in a short period of time, cannons are too useful, torps aren't worth much, and missiles are just wacky full stop.

Then there's defences, which I think we've mostly got right, but there can still be more work done.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-07 10:44   
Isn't the point of cannons that they're useful at all ranges, but don't do too much damage per second?

Personally, I think cannons are fine as they are now.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:17   
Yeah, the only real issues I have with cannons are Rails are too inaccurate given that they have limited ammo, and Gauss do too little damage given that they have limited ammo. Don't get me wrong, the speed boost was great, but as I've pointed out before the damage gap between them and Rails is big enough for it to still make more sense to use Rails against anything but Scouts.

Falloff on Psi could stand to be tweaked a tiny bit though, if the current falloff curve was kept but didn't start until 100 GU they'd be perfect.

Particle seems just fine as it is now, I don't know why it would need to be changed.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:20   
WOAHHHHHH
Are we nerfing ICC weapons plz dear god no
there already weak

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-07 12:31   
I was talking about a previous nerf, not something that's planned for future updates.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-05-07 13:17   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 10:32, Pantheon wrote:
General concensus between the devs for a while is that weapons do too much damage, a lot of them make no sense mathematicly (disruptors are the most energy effecient weapon in the game, etc).

Beams do too much damage in a short period of time, cannons are too useful, torps aren't worth much, and missiles are just wacky full stop.

I am only commenting and not complaining but these comments give me a bad feeling. I still have faith that you devs will get it right eventually.

The disrupters I don't understand. If they are so energy effecient then why is the Siphon so bad with energy? As soon as those beams go off, there goes your energy. If their damage is lowered too much then the Siphon will become useless. Even now it is rare. Remember before when beams were so weak that people called them nothing but a light show and a waste of energy? Please don't let that happen again.

You say that they do to much damage in too short a period of time. Perhaps
you can keep their damage the same but say, double time that they take to do it? In other words, longer lasting beams.

Also please remember what would happen before when all weapons were too weak. Battles would often consist of ships just sitting still at point-blank range blasting away at each other with all ships running out of energy before any of them died. That caused some of the slowest combat that DS has ever seen.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-07 13:51   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 13:17, Silent Threat { Vier } wrote:
Quote:

I am only commenting and not complaining but these comments give me a bad feeling. I still have faith that you devs will get it right eventually.

The disrupters I don't understand. If they are so energy effecient then why is the Siphon so bad with energy? As soon as those beams go off, there goes your energy. If their damage is lowered too much then the Siphon will become useless. Even now it is rare. Remember before when beams were so weak that people called them nothing but a light show and a waste of energy? Please don't let that happen again.

you can keep their damage the same but say, double time that they take to do it? In other words, longer lasting beams.

Also please remember what would happen before when all weapons were too weak. Battles would often consist of ships just sitting still at point-blank range blasting away at each other with all ships running out of energy before any of them died. That caused some of the slowest combat that DS has ever seen.

I was referring to their energy per damage done - they're the most effecient weapon in that regards, which makes no sense.

Longer lasting beams is exactly what we're talking about, so you're spot on the money (this also gives smaller ships a greater chance to jump out, but not by much).

We don't want stagnant battles where no-one can damage anyone (my hatred for 483 was unrivaled), we just want to stretch out the awesome, rather than confining it to very brief periods. I'm not talking minutes, but I'm also not talking the sub 10 seconds we're seeing currently.

It's a whiles away yet, but we'll be testing and tweaking extensivly.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-07 14:20   
Quote:

On 2012-05-07 13:51, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I was referring to their energy per damage done - they're the most effecient weapon in that regards, which makes no sense.

Longer lasting beams is exactly what we're talking about, so you're spot on the money (this also gives smaller ships a greater chance to jump out, but not by much).

We don't want stagnant battles where no-one can damage anyone (my hatred for 483 was unrivaled), we just want to stretch out the awesome, rather than confining it to very brief periods. I'm not talking minutes, but I'm also not talking the sub 10 seconds we're seeing currently.

It's a whiles away yet, but we'll be testing and tweaking extensivly.

sounds like a good balance. Can't wait to see what you guys end up doing

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-07 17:17   
Quote:
The disrupters I don't understand. If they are so energy effecient then why is the Siphon so bad with energy?

Disruptor (D) vs Assault Disruptor (AD)
Damage: 3 D = 1 AD
Energy: 6 D = 1 AD
So, D energy effecientcy is twice as AD is.
AD drains the most energy amongst all gadgets. So if you don't use AD, Siphon never runs out of energy.

I think disruptor, ion cannon, flux wave will be nerfed.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-05-07 20:56   
Quote:

So if you don't use AD, Siphon never runs out of energy.

Well if you are not going to use it's Assault Disrupters then you might as well not bother using a Siphon, lol.

Page created in 0.028392 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR