- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Interdictors be broken.
 Author Interdictors be broken.
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-13 13:28   
Okay, so 3 people in the past few days have been able to jump out of my interdictor(1 EAD, 1 SS, 1 Mandible). I had plenty of power, and the ships were in the field.
I be annoyed.
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-05-13 13:28 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Valhalla
1st Rear Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-13 13:42   
While we at the topic of fixing dicos *cough* give them pres *cough* please and thank you

Botoru
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-13 13:59   
Yep, and it didnt effect me either.

henry700
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-13 20:03   
Wait, so i left this game for over 1 year and no interdictor prestige for teamwork yet?

Bye.

EDIT: yet.
[ This Message was edited by: henry700 on 2012-05-13 20:04 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-13 20:39   
Quote:

On 2012-05-13 20:03, henry700 wrote:
Wait, so i left this game for over 1 year and no interdictor prestige for teamwork yet?

Bye.

EDIT: yet.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-05-13 20:40 ]

You can join groups to share prestige.

Prestige for dictoring people is far too easy to exploit.

Dictor issue is known, more important things being worked on currently though (like making the servers stable after the move).

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-14 01:28   
what about something like

dictor-pres = killing-pres / friendly ships in field

for the full-dictor-pres, you'll have to kill someone alone
if you trap someone and he get killed by 9 others, you'll only get a tenth
and if 2dictors trap one target, each of them would get 50% cause there are 2 ships

only way to exploid (but really difficult): dictors fly in a pattern, with overlaping fields, trapping the prey in the center but not entering the other dictor

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-14 05:04   
I really REALLY hate joining groups. You can only join with people that you completely trust, because they CAN ruin you if they felt like it.

There's gotta be a way to set up interdictor prestige in a way that isn't easy to exploit.
But honestly, I don't know why you're really even worried about exploiting when there's one out there that can get you to grand admiral in a weeks time -_-

I think that getting a fraction of all 'ships damaged' within the dictor would be adequate.
You wouldn't get prestige for holding down the enemy, you would get prestige by covering your allies and enemies in combat.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-14 05:12   
Quote:
On 2012-05-14 05:04, Fluttershy wrote:
There's gotta be a way to set up interdictor prestige in a way that isn't easy to exploit.
But honestly, I don't know why you're really even worried about exploiting when there's one out there that can get you to grand admiral in a weeks time

Exploition must be prohibited at no question.

If you guy wish for dictor prestige that much, how about dictor field actually damages 1HP/second (or 60HP every minute) per ship (whose signature is positive) inside the dico? Armor/shield has 12000+HP so I think that'll make people happy. It will affect bombing too.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-05-14 10:52 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-15 12:24   
You shouldn't prevent a potentially good feature because of "exploiting"
At least not until you fix the exploits already here.

For starters, make kamakazi proportional to damage dealt (bigger ship, or closer detonation would get more points), with a 10x bonus on hull, and a much higher reward if done on players instead of bots or platforms.

And make repair get prestige proportional to the actual amount of repair being done, and WHAT is being repaired (hull should give more prestige to repair) With repairs to players giving far more.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-05-15 12:25 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-15 14:46   
Quote:

On 2012-05-15 12:24, Fluttershy wrote:

And make repair get prestige proportional to the actual amount of repair being done, and WHAT is being repaired (hull should give more prestige to repair) With repairs to players giving far more.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-05-15 12:25 ]

afaik, that's what's already there...

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-15 22:48   
Quote:

On 2012-05-15 12:24, Fluttershy wrote:

For starters, make kamakazi proportional to damage dealt (bigger ship, or closer detonation would get more points), with a 10x bonus on hull, and a much higher reward if done on players instead of bots or platforms.

You say you don't like grouping because you can't trust your teammates to not SD their ships and making you lose pres.

Look at what you suggested. LOL.

Giving kamikaze acts more "bonus" points will only serve to further encourage SD'ing. Why should suicide give the player a hull damage bonus? ( 10x?! ROFL.... )

Giving you some token Kamikaze pres is in itself already a bonus. It's suppose to mitigate the pres you lose for losing a ship vs taking out whoever it is within the blast radius.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-05-16 00:26 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-16 07:09   
Kenny, if you balanced the numbers, then that 10x wouldn't even be a problem. Also, making it so players give more points of kamakazi (or bots giving less than 1) you wont be able to get obscene amounts of prestige by getting blown up on a field of platforms.

This would also mean that you get more kamakazi points if you exploded in a dreadnought as apposed to a scout, because the dread would deal more damage.

It would still be just a bonus, and the circumstances would have to be very extreme to come out as giving more prestige than was lost.
At best it would mitigate maybe 1/4th of what you lost by getting blown up.

I'm sure you're an intelligent young man, why do I have to explain these things in so much detail to you? All of you always only think of the worst case scenario, and not the various methods to avoid the problems you bring up...

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-05-16 07:11 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-05-16 08:05   

kamikaze damage goes down with increasing distance from point of origin (ship center) to edge of explosion circle. falloff may probably be similar to that of normal beam weapons, which decreases from 100% to 50%, then vanishes.

points gained from kamikaze on ai ships are received likely to be just like how Ships Damaged points are received - full points upto 1st lieutenant, half upto 1st rear admiral, and 1/4 for 1RA and above (pls refer to fattierob's game mechanics thread, devBlog for correct things...working on memory here).

only a station's blast is enough to destroy a nearby undamaged platform (or a fleet of platforms). remembering this point, theres 3 factors affecting pres gain from a "plat farm"-
1) what is your rank - higher ranks have access to more destructive SD blasts.
2) what is your rank - higher ranks using ships with highly destructive SD blasts lose more prestige for SDing.
3) what is your rank - higher ranks gain less prestige for performing SD blasts on platforms (they are counted as AI).

so, pres gained from SD-on-platfarm = (rank * rank) * rank = rank^3

(1) and (2) come in a combo-pack, while (3) affects every possible scenario of SD-ing.

on-topic, i think chlorophyll's idea of giving dictor fields a damaging characteristic is very good. it can easily fit itself into existing mechanics of Ships Damaged and should be easy to implement and test.
dealing damage per minute also means that players trying to trap small scouts and frigates for exploitation would be less likely to receive prestige for damaging them (they can easily escape). that leaves them with the more formidable destroyers, cruisers and dreadnoughts which will make the slow dictor cruisers run for their lives.

and if the planetary interdictor bases also get damaging abilities, then they would increase the damage potential of almost every planet. huray for planet muscle

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-17 01:50   
Quote:

On 2012-05-16 07:09, Fluttershy wrote:
Kenny, if you balanced the numbers, then that 10x wouldn't even be a problem. Also, making it so players give more points of kamakazi (or bots giving less than 1) you wont be able to get obscene amounts of prestige by getting blown up on a field of platforms.

This would also mean that you get more kamakazi points if you exploded in a dreadnought as apposed to a scout, because the dread would deal more damage.

It would still be just a bonus, and the circumstances would have to be very extreme to come out as giving more prestige than was lost.
At best it would mitigate maybe 1/4th of what you lost by getting blown up.

I'm sure you're an intelligent young man, why do I have to explain these things in so much detail to you? All of you always only think of the worst case scenario, and not the various methods to avoid the problems you bring up...

How do I put this simply?

Kamikaze is not a focal point of this game. In fact I would say that SD'ing on your enemies (or getting on top of them before your ship gets destroyed by enemy fire) should be considered a desperation manuever for those who cannot escape for any reasons.

Kamikaze points awarded are already good enough. There's no point in rewarding a player anything more even if he blows up on top of other players.

Page created in 0.022013 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR