No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Gunships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Gunships
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-05 07:03   
Yes, I made a few mistakes with my number calculations do to my shorthand notation when writing down the numbers. Do not trust that document anymore.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-05 10:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-05 05:33, Ravendark wrote:
this gunship thread arroused me. so i went and pulled out a krill...im sorry gangila, i dont love you anymore.... its really awsome gunship. big, it hurts...cant really match up on it own. or at least i havent found a way yet...but no matter what ppl say that krill sucks now....im starting to like it. i just hope that gangila scenario wont happen with krill.... when i fell in love with gangi, everyone else did and now its gonna get nerfed... anyway.... what is the kluth dessy gunship?

Try the Shell.

Don't think you have much to worry about with the Krill though, most everyone who has tried using it seems to hate it so it looks like there's no danger of it being overused and declared OP again like it was before the layout changes.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-05 17:22   
Well you could re-publish a new documents with updates like adding new weapons information, drives, pulse beam, special property of the gadget.
It's pretty helpful to choose the correct gadget, and player can get rid of asking many questions in Game Mechanics

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-05 18:15   
I'm kinda curious about the use of the K'luth gunships, the Beak, Shell, and Krill.

They are all heavy on cannons, however, their much weaker armor and shorter range weapons seems to kind of limit them to an energy-efficient anti-small ship role.

At close ranges the Krill seems to do well against cruisers, But I've never flown one, and the game has ridiculous requirements to fly one, so I can't say.

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-05 19:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-05 03:47, iwancoppa wrote:

Some gunships downright suck, Example: Combat Dred. Most of them are excellent when handled well, ICC have some nasty cruisers and UGTO battle dreds are the way to go.

The Combat Dread after the layout reworks has an extremely similar layout, almost identical save one or two cannon arcs I believe, to the UGTO Battle Dread. I do agree pre-layout change the Combat Dread had a very conflicting layout, but now it shares the same almost full coverage cannon layout as the BD. The only thing you could argue is that it is worse in CQC than the BD, but that is intended. Combat Dreads arguably give some of the most powerful longer range fire support when hanging back, expecially next to stations.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-05 20:27   
If for some reason I was to pick a Dreadnought to throw enhancements on and have in my garage the new Combat Dreadnought would be it.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-06 00:24   
Quote:

On 2012-06-05 18:15, Fluttershy wrote:
I'm kinda curious about the use of the K'luth gunships, the Beak, Shell, and Krill.

They are all heavy on cannons, however, their much weaker armor and shorter range weapons seems to kind of limit them to an energy-efficient anti-small ship role.

At close ranges the Krill seems to do well against cruisers, But I've never flown one, and the game has ridiculous requirements to fly one, so I can't say.

I hate Hate HATE the new Krill. The Shell is nice. It has the speed and manuverability for the shorter range cannons. Krill is a LOLKILLTHATFOOL ship. Maybe others have had luck with it, but I cant find a reason to get in it.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-06 03:44   
Quote:

On 2012-06-06 00:24, Azreal wrote:

I hate Hate HATE the new Krill. The Shell is nice. It has the speed and manuverability for the shorter range cannons. Krill is a LOLKILLTHATFOOL ship. Maybe others have had luck with it, but I cant find a reason to get in it.

It's in its interim phase. It's gotta be refactored one day. Hopefully soon.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-06 05:40   
Quote:

On 2012-06-05 19:58, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-05 03:47, iwancoppa wrote:

Some gunships downright suck, Example: Combat Dred. Most of them are excellent when handled well, ICC have some nasty cruisers and UGTO battle dreds are the way to go.

The Combat Dread after the layout reworks has an extremely similar layout, almost identical save one or two cannon arcs I believe, to the UGTO Battle Dread. I do agree pre-layout change the Combat Dread had a very conflicting layout, but now it shares the same almost full coverage cannon layout as the BD. The only thing you could argue is that it is worse in CQC than the BD, but that is intended. Combat Dreads arguably give some of the most powerful longer range fire support when hanging back, expecially next to stations.

The problem is,

the humble CD lacks capability to keep distance, unlike the ICC cruisers. Personally I think it is a great cannon boat at range, But range is a cheap commodity in darkspace.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-06 06:21   
I wouldn't even consider using a combat dread without a support station and several other players. Actually, I probably wouldn't use one in any location that isn't dictored, and not at all if it's against the kluth, because it has no raw firepower to send them running.

I love that it can do 9 cannon broadsides, but with the reduced damage of railguns, it's just kind of 'meh'

I'm not sure if they even do 1/3rd the damage of particle cannons, and to top it off they have ammo.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-06 06:24 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-06 08:07   
CD <3
With the right enh, you can kill a siphon/EAD at close range without any support.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-06 08:48   
Quote:

On 2012-06-06 06:21, Fluttershy wrote:
I wouldn't even consider using a combat dread without a support station and several other players. Actually, I probably wouldn't use one in any location that isn't dictored, and not at all if it's against the kluth, because it has no raw firepower to send them running.

This doesn't suprise me, and gets back to what I was saying before; You don't know how to fly or use some of your ships, and apparently have very little tactical prowess.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-06 09:19   
me and a fleetmate ran off a brood and a mandiable with two icc command dreads.

Was poping out plats like shields and using blind fireing fighters to corral them.

Did i mention our cc has no guns!?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-06 09:30   
Quote:

On 2012-06-06 09:19, Defiance*CO* wrote:

Did i mention our cc has no guns!?

Allready made that case mate apprantly theres nothing that can be done to improve it imo its one of the worse command type ships out there it needs more cannons not all those beams maybe lose 1 tractor/mining beam as well...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-06 12:08   
Well, the UGTO command dread seems to hold a mixed role, effectively entering in close and medium range combat with cannons and torps, as well as fortifying a position well and deterring pursuing ships with the mines.

The K'luth command dread has a medium to long range combat role, I don't really see it being a wise choice in any direct combat since (If I recall) the brood has a rather pathetic disruptor array.

The ICC command dread has the fighter capabilty of an agincourt, but instead of lasers and flux beams, has all the tools available to harvest, tow, and build.

I wouldn't use the ICC command dread myself unless we were fighting the UGTO, and I was under the protection of other ships.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.016218 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR