No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Command Dreads
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Command Dreads
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-14 08:32   
If a ship is a command ship it should be a support ship at best unless you have a flagship type setup other than that I sorta like the CC in my opinion it does need more fighters or give it 6 fighters and 2 gun ships(new heavy fighter) as so it can defend its self currently i use my CC to build as to not get ganked by kluth lurkers. and thats all it really is now a larger engineering ship.

Suggestions for ICC CC

1. New ship model the mickey mouse design is old please give us a new model.

2. if it is a support ship then it needs a scanner so fighters can be launched from far away.

3. fighter jump drives so carrier canm hang way back in safety and harass with fighters.

4. 3 layers of defense 4 arc shield system 1 uni-shield as an aux 4 arcs of armor.

5. heavy fighters that can cause pain to dreads. Fighter torps or something or give bombers a dual role of anti capital ship if launched towars ships instead of planets their bombs do cruise missle damage(would be awsome)

6. Make carriers the Dread Level anti fighter ship by giving them a flak ability or An AOE that slowly damages and destroyes fighters in range of the effect.

7. give fighters hit points they should be imo about half as strong and a corvette.

8. bring back Dn Wormhole devices.

9. carrier support skilles already planned but one suggestion You might as well make the NEW AOE fleet skill a combination of all the adv enhancements to all ships in range.

10. my idea generator is broken more will come one day

Email µOmniVore
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-14 10:51   
afaik the CC already has a scanner.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-14 11:16   
the new CC doesnt.
pre-1.67, command dread and CC had 2 ECM and 1 scanner, brood had 1 ECM 1 scanner.
now CD and CC have 3 ECM slots, no scanners. the brood has 2 ECM now.

and what use are scanners anyway?..
there is simply no ship in darkspace at the moment which has BOTH fighter bays and a scanner. not one ship.

goes a long way to show that carrier ships are, in the ideal future, not intended to require to use and utilize scanners. fighter bombing may be an exception.
[ This Message was edited by: Brahmastra on 2012-06-14 11:20 ]

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-14 11:44   
Quote:

On 2012-06-14 08:32, µOmniVore wrote:
If a ship is a command ship it should be a support ship at best unless you have a flagship type setup other than that I sorta like the CC in my opinion it does need more fighters or give it 6 fighters and 2 gun ships(new heavy fighter) as so it can defend its self currently i use my CC to build as to not get ganked by kluth lurkers. and thats all it really is now a larger engineering ship.

Suggestions for ICC CC

1. New ship model the mickey mouse design is old please give us a new model.

2. if it is a support ship then it needs a scanner so fighters can be launched from far away.

3. fighter jump drives so carrier canm hang way back in safety and harass with fighters.

4. 3 layers of defense 4 arc shield system 1 uni-shield as an aux 4 arcs of armor.

5. heavy fighters that can cause pain to dreads. Fighter torps or something or give bombers a dual role of anti capital ship if launched towars ships instead of planets their bombs do cruise missle damage(would be awsome)

6. Make carriers the Dread Level anti fighter ship by giving them a flak ability or An AOE that slowly damages and destroyes fighters in range of the effect.

7. give fighters hit points they should be imo about half as strong and a corvette.

8. bring back Dn Wormhole devices.

9. carrier support skilles already planned but one suggestion You might as well make the NEW AOE fleet skill a combination of all the adv enhancements to all ships in range.

10. my idea generator is broken more will come one day

1. while epic. there's a bug that makes it hard to add models
2.already has one
3.bad idea
4. its defenses currently are fine
5.LOVE THIS IDEA
6.Not sure about this one
7.needs to be tested
8. we have WH devices
9. idk about that
10.I dont doubt it

SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-14 16:15   
I understand that the CC is the ICC command ship, but wouldn't making it the best carrier in game in terms of fighter and fleet potential be stepping into UGTO's domain of fighter superiority?

I do acknowledge that the CC is underwhelming atm, but consider this:

If UGTO got a missile command dread and it was better than the ICC MD there would be a problem. The same applies to UGTO and Carriers.

I'm willing to bet that fighters are going to be improved soon, and then both the Agin and CC won't be UP. Also would give a reason to choose Carrier Dread over BD.

In my opinion the CC could be improved by adding a repair drone.
This would enforce the "behind the frontlines support" aspect of the ship and allows it to help with ammo and small repairs when plats are out.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-14 18:48   
Quote:

On 2012-06-14 16:15, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
I understand that the CC is the ICC command ship, but wouldn't making it the best carrier in game in terms of fighter and fleet potential be stepping into UGTO's domain of fighter superiority?

I do acknowledge that the CC is underwhelming atm, but consider this:

If UGTO got a missile command dread and it was better than the ICC MD there would be a problem. The same applies to UGTO and Carriers.

I'm willing to bet that fighters are going to be improved soon, and then both the Agin and CC won't be UP. Also would give a reason to choose Carrier Dread over BD.

In my opinion the CC could be improved by adding a repair drone.
This would enforce the "behind the frontlines support" aspect of the ship and allows it to help with ammo and small repairs when plats are out.

i dont want it to approach the Aggie or something i want it to be more like the UGTO CD which is amazing sure i like some fighters but they suck making the CC SUCK

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-14 19:44   
since command-auras are planed, why not something like that:

commandships (all factions) have almost no weapons but (really) strong defence
mining beam+build drone and some free points for faction specific stuff (eg fighters for icc if you want)
+ they have a moral-boost-aura affecting all nearby friendlies

moral aura gives +10% defence, +5% repairspeed, +10% damage for all friendlies within 2000gu
but when the ship dies, all affected ships get an equal mallus for a minute

this way the ship have a important role in a group, and the strong aura will force the group to play together

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-06-14 19:45 ]

Botji
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 08:20   
I think I would prefer the auras to only affect ships of smaller class than the ship origin. So command dread with aura will only help ships below dread size.. might help with getting people to fly something else than dreads.

I mean if I was a captain of a station or dread I would be OFFENDED if a dread came and tried to boss me around so friendly dreads should get negative buff by comman aura

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 11:58   
Quote:

friendly dreads should get negative buff by comman aura

Thus removing the point of using it... yes please do that.... lol

just because your bigger may not mean your the higher rank stations are mainly support ships the COMMAND DREAD is just that a command dread its is supposed to tell the fleet what to do...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
SpaceAdmiral
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 12:33   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 08:20, Botji wrote:
I think I would prefer the auras to only affect ships of smaller class than the ship origin. So command dread with aura will only help ships below dread size.. might help with getting people to fly something else than dreads.

I mean if I was a captain of a station or dread I would be OFFENDED if a dread came and tried to boss me around so friendly dreads should get negative buff by comman aura

Well a commander in battle usually only has a pistol, maybe a rifle in emergencies.

Do the heavy infantry, machinegun men, and tanks all get offended that this "pistol guy" is tossing orders?

Botji
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 18:57   
In a military where the equipment you get is based on your rank I do think tank crews and such wouldnt be very happy about getting orders from a guy with a pistol.

The thing with dreads and larger getting a debuff was a joke btw.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 20:01   
i thought about something like:

high ranking officials are on those command ships who boost their fleet (thinking of the tau etheral in wh40k)

(edit: typos)
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-06-16 20:14 ]

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-06-17 04:49   
I sit here and listen to all the whining about scanners and have to say..its just sad that people forget ships have CAMERAS!..LEARN to use them.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-17 05:55   
Quote:

On 2012-06-14 19:44, NoBoDx wrote:
since command-auras are planed, why not something like that:

commandships (all factions) have almost no weapons but (really) strong defence
mining beam+build drone and some free points for faction specific stuff (eg fighters for icc if you want)
+ they have a moral-boost-aura affecting all nearby friendlies

moral aura gives +10% defence, +5% repairspeed, +10% damage for all friendlies within 2000gu
but when the ship dies, all affected ships get an equal mallus for a minute

this way the ship have a important role in a group, and the strong aura will force the group to play together

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2012-06-14 19:45 ]

2000 gus is too much.

A 500 gu aura should suffice. Plus auras should not be stackable.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-17 05:56   
what is this thread about...? if command dreads are superdreads.

where are we now? some stuff about scanners and commanders with pistols...maybe move it to fan fiction

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024379 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR