No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How do you fight the K'luth at a low rank?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author How do you fight the K'luth at a low rank?
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-10 04:05   
Welcome to the pain that every pilot has faced since the beginning of the lobster incursion on the MV

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-10 11:18   
ive been waiting to weigh in on this, and with good reason.

While this is a normal stage in icc player growth (the omg how i fightz da luth stage), this is the time where you used to learn the value of eletronic warfare, beacons, blind firing, and posture.

With the recent change to make kluth cloak undetectable, i can no longer objectivly comment on how your supposed to fight kluth at low ranks.

Low rank being low experience with the game, not small ships.

While i have been in ds for just about three years now, and there are many more vets that have been here even longer, this game is nearly 100% different than when i started out. Same for the rest of the vets.

You noobs are the tip of the sword for this version. Most of you log more playtime in this version than the vets. In this sence, were the noobs.

Build a dialog. Record what works and what dosent. Help eachother out. Build on your tactics. Learn your enemy.

The best advice i can offer you is thus; if you have not speed, nor streignth, durability nor numbers, if you have forsight, you still have victory.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-10 11:36   
I have been working away trying to find a method for ya guys. Best i have found is.

Travel near max speed, because luth use dreads they will either bleed off energy to follow you or will be completly unable to follow you

If you do get uncloaked on work to get over 300 gus away from them(beyond normal beam range) or Fly Over them, either of those cases the beams will stop doing damage

fly defencivivly, if a luth uncloaked to attack you fly the other way to lose them

Learn to blind fire, Yeah i know its easier said than done but its a priceless skill here

If you have to fight them HIT THE AFT for a lot of luth ships the Cloak is located here and even 1% damage to it causes it to not cloak properly

Try and increase the local signature with eccm as much as possible since the energy use of the cloaking device is directly proportional to the amount of signature it has to mask on the ship

try to always fly with a buddy, no explaining needed i hope

When you get attacked and have to jump try and starting jumping to friendly planets, if they are build with a dictor and depot the luth cant jump withen 1k gus of you the depot will repair you and by the time the lluth is able to hit you your JD will be charged and you can jump away

Email *FTL*Soulless
Don Karnage
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-10 14:11   
I'm doing most of this, except I'm having difficulty with the blind fire.

See, I don't have 10 heavy cannons that can completely saturate an area with projectiles that would give away the location of the kluth.

I've tried placing a CTRL point near the ship, and chain fire my cannons so it shoots out in a fan pattern, and then this brings us to the next problem-

The projectiles I shoot, the Railguns, they do not have a clearly visible impact effect when viewed from a reasonable zoom distance.

Ion cannons and Gauss cannons seem to be best suited for this blind fire tactic, but the railguns, which are what I primarily use, can't be seen unless you're close to the impact location.

seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-10 15:23   
follow trails, they tend to disappear when they hit, and if you cant see the explosion, it usually means whatever you're hitting is away. and i too still cant use well, but if you keep pressing ctrl while blind firing you can move the target marker, which might be able cover more area with bullets.

[ This Message was edited by: Roukanken on 2012-06-10 15:31 ]

former Roukanken

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-10 22:06   
best to use Torps to blind fire

Email *FTL*Soulless
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-11 07:51   
Quote:

On 2012-06-10 11:18, Defiance*CO* wrote:

You noobs are the tip of the sword for this version. Most of you log more playtime in this version than the vets.

I'm still here....

Umm. I would also like to offer that you should maybe try out the K'Luth ships yourself, as well, as all the other advice. Get to know what hurts the enemy by being the "enemy" and finding out what hurts you. Get to know how to counter a ship's offense by being that ship (if possible) and seeing how the weapons really work.

And for open space, traveling at a higher speed in a random S type curve helps keep an enemy from getting too tight on your rear. Also, you may want the high strength eccm instead of the narrow band. This will buy you a second of uncloak time and may allow you a little bigger window to react in.

As far as finding a cloaked K'Luth...well...barring a blind shot that is hard even for vets to do, you really aren't SUPPOSED to find a cloaked K'Luth at this point. I personally think that the true cloak is a broke cloak, but that's a different story. Simply put, you aren't supposed to be able to find them cloaked, you only have the ability to blind shoot at em, and extend their decloak time. Beacons work to the same end. So if you aren't able to, then that is actually good, because that is the way it is supposed to be now.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 09:54   
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 13:01, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 10:56, NoBoDx wrote:
smal targets deal damage as well, and if they happen to get in front of my guns, their (small) threat is quickly gone

I was more speaking of people who make it a point to target the smallest ship in the area even when there are other targets that are more of a threat, like someone in an EAD going after a Destroyer that's 400 GU away when they have to fly over the Siphon right infront of them to get to it.

honestly if your luth and alone against a fleet you always go for the smallest person if there are 2 of you against a fleet you go for the second smallest person like a battle dread instead of a ead for its crappy defense and if you have 3 luth you can pretty much do as you please to anytahng even a station and jump out no problem

but being in a small ship in a fleet never means your safe your usually the choice cut of meat minus all the fat

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 11:22   
[quote]
On 2012-06-11 09:54, Aaron[+R] wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-06-09 13:01, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 10:56, NoBoDx wrote:
honestly if your luth and alone against a fleet you always go for the smallest person if there are 2 of you against a fleet you go for the second smallest person like a battle dread

but being in a small ship in a fleet never means your safe your usually the choice cut of meat minus all the fat

I respect the wolves just as much as the next with your tactics and teamwork being exceptional but
this is why no one likes luth. cause ur in a dessie and you see a siph/mandi on ur rear then *Black Screen* dead.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 14:40   
Make it so lasers and disruptors start off by doing very little damage, but then "warm up" to doing max damage near the end of the burst.
That should fix the deal with popping little ships so easily.

Again, if a ship can die in under 5 seconds, which is the servers tick delay, then you've got a problem

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-11 17:30   
only you have such crappy connection.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-11 18:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 17:30, Defiance*CO* wrote:

please read defi
From flutter "Again, if a ship can die in under 5 seconds, which is the servers tick delay, then you've got a problem"

and defi you forgot Adapt or Die. Yes us vets might be used to older ways but Its easier (in most cases) to adapt to the new than start from scratch. That being said It is Our Place to help the newer players. Remember you were new too once, so you want to help the new players.

Like AZ said the Focused will help, But be very careful. It saps a lot of energy

Any one need help with finding some way to deal with luth catch me in meta.

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless. on 2012-06-11 19:15 ]

Email *FTL*Soulless
Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 22:16   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 18:58, Soulless. wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 17:30, Defiance*CO* wrote:

please read defi
From flutter "Again, if a ship can die in under 5 seconds, which is the servers tick delay, then you've got a problem"

and defi you forgot Adapt or Die. Yes us vets might be used to older ways but Its easier (in most cases) to adapt to the new than start from scratch. That being said It is Our Place to help the newer players. Remember you were new too once, so you want to help the new players.

Like AZ said the Focused will help, But be very careful. It saps a lot of energy

Any one need help with finding some way to deal with luth catch me in meta.

[ This Message was edited by: Soulless. on 2012-06-11 19:15 ]

you ham

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-12 03:41   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 14:40, Fluttershy wrote:
Again, if a ship can die in under 5 seconds, which is the servers tick delay, then you've got a problem

i dont see the problem:
when j fly a small ship (
what js the uncloak-time 4 combat-ships ? 1 sec ?
+ reaction-time for the uncloaking player (with perfect latency) 1 sec

so you would have to survive (max) 3sec of weapon-fire
since you throw in some hooks while fighting (cloaked) luth , the damage would be distributed accross multiple arcs, and even a scout can survive for 3 secs

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-12 04:26   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 07:51, Azreal wrote:

So if you aren't able to, then that is actually good, because that is the way it is supposed to be now.

That about suns up what the devs had in mind with the later versions of DS. You can't break cloak (except by draining energy). You can only delay their cloak/decloak.

The alternative is to go back to the days of pinging, which the Devs say are gone.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032424 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR