Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What do you think of Garrage enhancement?
 Author What do you think of Garrage enhancement?
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-08 04:28   
I just think of a new idea for "small ship vs big ship" that people have whined a lot.

I think the reason that people mainly pick dread/cruiser mainly because of the limitation of garrage. Now if we can extend garrage to have more rooms for ships, then we shall have more destroyers in Hydra.

My idea is to sell garrage room and room extension. When consumed, Garrage Room grants you an extra room in the garrage for 1 launch; Room Extension extends the time you can launch ship in that room.

To courage people buy and use these enhancement, Room Extension should increase the time per higher class: minor 10; limited 21; normal 32... and it must be able for us to select what room to extend. Garrage Room only grants a room with 1 launch only.

This is not new, it was discussed but I don't know why this beautiful feature doesn't come to game. Maybe technical problem is the biggest obstacle. But this is really important and urgent. It's important because its effect improves the game drasmatically. It's urgent because it'll be best-selling. My garrage is full with enhancement, thus I only want to spend credit for these enhancements.

Above is my thoughts. What's your, DS addicted players?

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-06-08 05:02   
keep it more simple, all want more garage slots and many would buy them.
a old but very famous suggestion.

Klavdivs
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-08 06:30   
It is a difficult issue, of course we all think our advantage.

But for the sake of the game we have to think not only us but all the players.

I personally and after purchasing a monthly $ 20, I decided to subscribe, however, not everyone can buy, many are minors and others simply can not be spending.

Generate benefits only by paying all that is going to get is that the gap between old and new is made larger and impossible to shrink.

Personally I think any change that arises must be oriented to favor new players and punish the oldest since they have the experience and rank.

So they have comparative advantage is very large compared to novices.

As I said in another post, we can not want new players and when they enter use them for target shooting.

Email Klavdivs
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-08 11:52   
what can i say?
i have one free slot for spawning new ships, the other ones occupied with luth-ships full of blue enhancements

id gladly pay for an additional page of garage-slots... even a bigger sum
someone also suggested (dont know who it was, maybe even myself...) that players have a seperate garage per faction

No other option
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-08 15:17   
Quote:

On 2012-06-08 05:02, Fatal Perihelion wrote:
keep it more simple, all want more garage slots and many would buy them.
a old but very famous suggestion.

Yes I have no interest in one time or multiple time garage slots but permanent ones, now those I would gladly spent credits on. Not only that but I would get them for my fleetmates just like how I get them their enhancements. Also more ships in the garage would mean people being willing to spend more credits now that they have room for more enhanced ships and that would mean more cash for DS.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-08 15:25   
Quote:

On 2012-06-08 15:17, No other option wrote:
Yes I have no interest in one time or multiple time garage slots but permanent ones, now those I would gladly spent credits on. Not only that but I would get them for my fleetmates just like how I get them their enhancements. Also more ships in the garage would mean people being willing to spend more credits now that they have room for more enhanced ships and that would mean more cash for DS.

Exactly right. I'd guess a lot of people aren't buying or spending any credits because they have nothing to spend them on, but give the option to buy more garage slots for ships and cargo and there will be a flood of credits used and more bought to replace what was used.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-08 19:06   
wasnt there a rumor, that people with a subscription should get extra garage slots?
you have to pay a monthly fee for more space (and a more constant cashflow for the game itself)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-08 21:53   
I don't see how temporary garage spaces would work, what happens to the ship that occupies it when it runs out or if you don't renew your subscription?

Cold Death
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 01:37   
Quote:

On 2012-06-08 21:53, Talien wrote:
I don't see how temporary garage spaces would work, what happens to the ship that occupies it when it runs out or if you don't renew your subscription?

Perhaps the ship would be locked out? After the time runs out, you won't have access to it. It could still be there, but you just can't spawn with it? Just an idea..

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-09 08:08   
There are plans to allow permanent garage expansion purchases.
To increase the garage space, and possibly the cargo space to.
(and i say Plans! no actual work is being done on it yet.)

But as said by the OP, there could be technical difficulties, and there may or may not include certain limits.
Further more as always enhancements will cost credits. And it has been debated that the more garage spaces you got, the higher the price will be for the next slot to buy.

The request has been on the development table for a while. But looking at the code and finding a proper way to do this takes time. Not to mention actually programming it and making it function properly without screwing up all your garages...

Hope this gives some answers
E.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 08:18   
Having more space for both enhancements and ships is definitely something I would buy. Assuming it's not like $50 for an extra ship space.... >_>

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-09 08:38   
I think we can all agree given the chance to spend more money on this game, we would. If we only had more things to buy.

Whether they be more interesting enhancements (not overpowered), Prestige gain boosts, Ship Names, Garage Expansions, or really anything that doesn't outright break the game.

Its been my personal frustration for a while, "Okay, I've built my ship the way I want it with enhancements.. now what do I buy? Oh.. don't need all this."

-Ent

Page created in 0.022273 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR