No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » What's the point of the MI?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author What's the point of the MI?
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-09 07:10   
Quote:
On 2012-06-08 15:09, No other option wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-08 14:49, chlorophyll wrote:
Why do people keep killing MI? You guys should capture and exploit its death beam.

People kill the Longheads hoping that it will not get to the shipyards once again. Capturing them takes too long and is not certain and they come way too often to try to cap every one of them.

Trust my advice.
I can explain but you should try and understand the purpose of capturing over killing.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 07:24   
Yeah man, capturing is great, but then they go and planet dive into Septavus 3 minutes later while chasing after some herpa derp frigate

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-09 07:36   
MI deathbeam only shipyard planets.

chance to deathbeam a shipyard is equal for all planets.

take advantage of their policy, by
a. having less shipyards than other factions
b. (theoretical) having no shipyards in systems next to kaus borealis
c. keep mi busy by attracting attention in frigates/scouts
d. somehow keep shipyards deactivated when not required.

shipyard spam is greatly punished by MI. good thing i think dont spam 10 shipyards, or you'll wonder why enemies are capturing so many shipyards in a matter of hours.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 08:10   
Shipyards are inherently easier to capture by the requirements to have such a building, we don't need the MI interfering.

Just get rid of the singularity lance, and if you people want to nuke a planet, find an asteroid somewhere and tow it into the thing.

No other option
Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 13:00   
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 07:10, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why do people keep killing MI? You guys should capture and exploit its death beam.

People kill the Longheads hoping that it will not get to the shipyards once again. Capturing them takes too long and is not certain and they come way too often to try to cap every one of them.

Trust my advice.
I can explain but you should try and understand the purpose of capturing over killing.

I understand what you are trying to say but I still believe it is not worth it. Once capped you have zero control over them. They normally seem to get themselves killed pretty quickly after being capped and often they will attempt to go after targets multiple systems away and never even make it there.

Also say that you do capture one and it just so happens to do something useful for you, what are you going to do to the next one that shows up and then the one after that and the one after that? Sitting in my own systems trying to cap every MI that shows up is not what me or other people play the game for. You think people want to break off combat against human players just to stop MI from nuking the shipyards time after time? No, noone wants that. I think almost everyone of us will be glad when they stop.

Nuisance
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-09 20:05   
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 13:00, No other option wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-09 07:10, chlorophyll wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Trust my advice.

I understand what you are trying to say but I still believe it is not worth it. Once capped you have zero control over them. They normally seem to get themselves killed pretty quickly after being capped and often they will attempt to go after targets multiple systems away and never even make it there.

Also say that you do capture one and it just so happens to do something useful for you, what are you going to do to the next one that shows up and then the one after that and the one after that? Sitting in my own systems trying to cap every MI that shows up is not what me or other people play the game for. You think people want to break off combat against human players just to stop MI from nuking the shipyards time after time? No, noone wants that. I think almost everyone of us will be glad when they stop.

perfectly said No other option A+++

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.017383 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR