- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Keep Elites in Sagg including "Kaz" and "Rufus"
 Author Keep Elites in Sagg including "Kaz" and "Rufus"
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 11:28   
So everyone HATES "Kaz" and Rufus and thats because they serve as nothing but an irratation but what if we make where when you kill them they drop some nice enh. drops a "very unique enh" at a rare chance but capable of getting. Zlarrs,Thari,Stealth,*Color*Exhaust,etc... then at a higher chance we give the player Adv. enh slightly less rare but still rare and so on down the enh. but only offer improved and above with improved being a fairley common drop

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:10   
I'm pretty sure they already do this. Players used to go "elite hunting" for a reason.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:28   
Actually, elites stopped dropping rare/good enh a long time ago.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 12:57   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 12:10, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
I'm pretty sure they already do this. Players used to go "elite hunting" for a reason.

first off where have u been incin we miss you on the front

and yea they dont drop anymore and lets add that back

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-06-11 14:36   
They prob wont add the drops back due to some changes being made in the system. also they are pushing for ppl to buy ehn more then they ever have before. Elite hunting is no longer worth it tho they say drop rates have not changed but we all know it has. some of the devs (Not saying names) Have even said yes the drop rates have been changed to get next to nothing. So yea thats my $2 on the sitch. You want rare ehn then just gonna have to find a player who has them and wants to trade for them, other then that your outta luck.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 16:44   
elite hunting was the only fun in this game plus alot of free to play players will never buy and that was there only way to get good enhancements they could never get damage buffs just defence buffs and some range enhancements

it was pointless to remove them peolpe who can pay would never use enhanced upgrades they would buy the best and people who actually used the enhanced will never pay for anvanced another reason why some people left that was alot of fun and it helped the cominity

player comunity not dev bandwith prices i dont want this game to die as much as the next guy but you dident up your revinue one bit by low balling the poor players

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 19:47   
I've gone over the SVN log and haven't found any evidence of elite drops being changed at all since they were introduced. As for non-elite drops, AI ships had their drop rates nerfed in May 2010. I've decided, after some discussion, to revert that change for now so hopefully the "poor" players can get some better drops from AI ships (which are now the same as drops from when a player ship is destroyed).

Again, if you feel for whatever reason that drops aren't working "correctly", please don't hesitate to mention it. Please be aware, however, that their *is* a chance a destroyed ship drops nothing.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 21:53   
if you fix the drop rate to what it use to be [half a year ago] ill make a kissing emote just for you and and promise to use it often and please dont say two weeks

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-06-11 22:27   
i remember around a year ago doing some elite hunting we would organise a time for the fleet to go hunting. this gave a chance for the players that didn't have creds to gain some good stuff & press aswell. other factions would allie which made it even more fun. alot of the players that play DS play because it's free, some players can't afford to buy creds due to lack of income. some players might not be old enough to work and dont have credit cards or paypal. so when the new players join the DS family they soon relise they need enhancements but they cant so they quit. i just feel that a fun part of the game is missing and could be helpfull to the player base if the elites droped good enh, maybe a small % chance on rare or unique. thoughts?

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2012-06-11 22:27 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 22:36   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 21:53, Aaron[+R] wrote:
if you fix the drop rate to what it use to be [half a year ago] ill make a kissing emote just for you and and promise to use it often and please dont say two weeks

I can find no evidence of the drop rates for anything being changed around half a year ago, or even a year ago, or even at all.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 23:03   
every player that has been after them says the same and right after the new repair field and graphics were added i quit and now that im back ive seen a massive decrese in drops havent got a single one thats an obvious decrese or its buged look at the logs as much as you like the people trying for them all say the same we cant all be wrong

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-11 23:06   
thx for looking into it tho

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 23:25   
are these elite drops, AI drops, or player drops? they all use a different drop table right now

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-11 23:35   
All i want is a nice Rare enh as payment for dealing with the trash that the luth call Kaz. that annoying,******, pain needs to burn slowly

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-06-12 00:17   
Quote:

On 2012-06-11 23:25, Fattierob wrote:
are these elite drops, AI drops, or player drops? they all use a different drop table right now

elite

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Page created in 0.023040 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR