No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » We capped Sag Hothha!
 Author We capped Sag Hothha!
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-15 21:19   
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[ This Message was edited by: Persistance on 2012-06-15 21:20 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-15 22:35   
merging threads

Quote:

On 2012-06-15 21:30, SabrePrime wrote:

thats ur elite dying

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-15 22:47   
I remember doing that as ICC with 3 people.....capped most of the home system and nobody even bothered trying to take planets back for over a week.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 03:46   
how can someone re-cap the planets, when nearly noone play in the home-systems ?

btw, something that bothered me for some time now:
Quote:

RoC:
3.3.2 Safe Zone Camping
Description: Enemy vessel taking any form of hostile action against a vessel in its own safe zone or using an enemy safe zone for protection while regenerating or repairing.

Why Its an Exploit: In a vast majority of first-person games, spawn-camping is severely frowned upon, as a player in the process of spawning is generally defenseless or a sitting duck for a short period of time. This is because the game client tends to not start rendering the world/environment for the player before the server starts render the player in the world/environment, leaving his ship/character exposed and vulnerable for a short period. At present, DarkSpace has a 1000 GU no fire safe zone around the spawn gate.

As such, this area is considered a Non-Combat Area, and henceforth (spawn) Safe Zone Camping is considered an exploit tactic. In addition, enemy vessels camped within the safety zone itself regardless of the action being taken, even if they are just sitting there for protection, are considered to be exploiting the system as this is not their faction safety zone. Using an interdictor just outside the safety zone to prevent ships from entering the game is also considered part of this exploit. Enemy interdictor ships must be 2,000 GU from a home gate so their interdictor field does not extend into the safe zone

SPECIAL NOTE: This exploit applies to SPAWN (HOME) GATES, not inter-system or inter-cluster JUMP GATES.

As of September 26, 2006, The safe zones in the MetaVerse server have been expanded to 3000gu in radius. A 5000gu No-Fly zone is also in effect for players of opposing factions.

if my memory is correct, the spawngate is within 3k gu of sag hothha and should be impossible to cap without nreaking the roc

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 07:31   
Yay

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-16 07:34   
@nobodx - the safe zone was reduced to 1000 gu, and there isnt a no-fly-zone near spawn gates.
and, spawn gates are located 7kgu from home planets.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 08:30   
originally it was a workaround for when players could glass planets. It allowed a main planet to be protected, by placing the jump gate within a proximity so that the planet was not able to be bombed due to it being in the safe zone. Safe zones were extended then, as well. It allowed a faction a chance to always be able to have a sy. (That is apparently not the current path of thought....)

Since then, three planets in the home servers of each faction have been set up to rebel back to original faction so that no faction can have less than three planets.

And tbh, if you REEEEAAAALLLYYYY wanna say you capped the luth home planet, that would actually be Proc 3, with her sisters Taz and Durn. Proc was always looked at as the true Luth home system by the actual luth who played. Wolf was named after a planet in Proc that has since been renamed, as well ( damn you devs! )
Sag was a pain to defend, but we could stop an invasion cold in Procyon, so it became the last stand system, and the "Proc 3 Three" were the last stand planets.
That is, except for when Nicea system was in the game. That system just screamed Luth home system, with the nebula clouds (which lowered signature) and the ecm-based cloak.

This all actually even fits better with the DS lore, as the K'luth were run out of their home system by the MI. Who owns Procyon now? And Nicea is just flat gone....If sag Hotha is the Luthy homeworld, then why isnt that the Mi home system now? Juuuuust sayin'....

[historical_digression]
I started playing when the MV was introduced. I started out in the MV, and played a little in Admiral server. I was always a K'luth, without ever hopping factions in the MV until well after that dreaded .483 was unleashed upon the community. So I know what K'Luth players felt, for I were one.
[/h_digression]

[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2012-06-16 08:33 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-16 09:01   
I'm pretty sure an AI built the planet, it had only 3 def bases and no dico.

Also, elites kept spawning 90.1gu(i.e. on top) of me after they died.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-16 10:11   
question.

Whats your text doing in red when your apart of the ugto capture team persi.

And then in green in the second pic?

Questionable

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-16 10:13   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 10:11, Defiance*CO* wrote:
question.

Questionable

We had just capped the planet, and I was using /y in case anyone was there to hear us.

Valhalla
1st Rear Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-16 16:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 10:13, Persistance wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 10:11, Defiance*CO* wrote:
question.

Questionable

We had just capped the planet, and I was using /y in case anyone was there to hear us.

Like a boss

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 18:35   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 03:46, NoBoDx wrote:
how can someone re-cap the planets, when nearly noone play in the home-systems ?

If you stay within ~400-ish gu of the planet, it'll display a message about capturing the planet. Once it reaches 100%, the planet will be re-captured for your faction.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 19:15   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 18:35, Bardiche wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 03:46, NoBoDx wrote:

misfired words

I am unable to get into the home servers. it sends me back to the sy screen, regardless of which direction I hit the gate from. Cant get to a home server from the mv, cant get to the mv from a home server.
[ This Message was edited by: Azreal on 2012-06-16 19:17 ]

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 19:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 08:30, Azreal wrote:
originally it was a workaround for when players could glass planets. It allowed a main planet to be protected, by placing the jump gate within a proximity so that the planet was not able to be bombed due to it being in the safe zone. Safe zones were extended then, as well. It allowed a faction a chance to always be able to have a sy. (That is apparently not the current path of thought....)

seriously, the RoC need an overhaul... its ok, when some rules are a little bit behind, but when some rules are false / not valid anymore, wheres the point in having them at all ?

Page created in 0.023385 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR