No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Mi and you
 Author Mi and you
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 04:41   
So, now that the Mi can wipe planets, and specifically targets ship yard planets, the depth added to the game is immense.

Why, at this very moment, ICC has taken most of R33, and one of the two ship yards left for UGTO (in Cincy) has just been nuked.

Without the ability to at least spawn in the home server, due to a recent bug, UGTO is one ship yard from being locked out of MV.

I'm sure this is all part of a greater entertainment vision, and I am missing the point.

Sure makes me wonder what a new player thinks, stumbling into situations like this....

Sorry, have to go now. Must defend my last ship yard from Mi. Too bad I am in an extractor, trying to get res on the sy planet so I can spawn something bigger than a tranny...Ah, so fun....

oops. Died. Guess I sit in the spawn screen until I can spawn a ship again, nearly an hour from now.

Boy all this excitement....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-16 05:29   
if ugto are locked out of sagittarius, it might be a good time to upgrade defences of lalande and lock icc and kluth out of lacerta. dont want earth to get capped by icc, do you?

the longhead that knocked out ugto shipyards, it had a field day in dres-kona, wiping out 2 shipyard planets in one run.

and yes, the immense depth of ai bombing is something to be exploited greatly. reduce your own shipyarding capabilities, to disable shipyards of opponent factions.

and while we are talking about mi bombers, i must point out that ugto bomber Rufus Vanguard always targets Argrea, the closest and tastiest enemy shipyard planet, whenever he spawns from Lacerta Transfer Gate and has free time. this leads to him often flying through dres-kona in an attempt to bomb argrea.

also, @bug - log into scenario, log into MV, launch ship from newbie server, fly bombers and engineers manually into sagittarius
[ This Message was edited by: Brahmastra on 2012-06-16 05:31 ]

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 06:07   
If i log and see UGTO has no Sy`s then i just dont play.

Email *Flash*
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 06:07   
cant spawn in the home servers atm, and then cross to mv. No need to upgrade defenses, when ICC and Luth cant enter either. Its bugged. No sy in mv means no faction players in mv. Simple math really. Elementary actually.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-16 09:29   
bug preventing spawning in sol? first ive heard of this

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-06-16 10:14   
+1 Flash

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-16 10:32   
Yea, let's implement features to make players rage quit. Sounds like a plan.

If you guys want to save the game, try and remove everything that could cause an average player to rage quit.

I talk about changing certain things, and the majority of players that bring counter-arguments are the hardcore players that managed to thrive in this game because they are the 1% of people that have the type of personality and attitude needed to succeed in a very unforgiving game like this.

You ever consider cutting new players some slack?
Maybe hold their hand a bit?
Don't ever leave them thinking "What now?"?
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-16 10:38 ]

Pakhos[+R]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-16 10:53   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 06:07, Flash. wrote:

What you just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things I've ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listen to it. May God have mercy on your soul.

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2012-06-16 12:42   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 10:53, Pakhos[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 06:07, Flash. wrote:

What you just said is one of the most insanely, idiotic things I've ever heard. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listen to it. May God have mercy on your soul.

Many people only play DS for the tactical combat part of it, and have little interest in the more strategic overall MV war. In other words, they wish to log in for some combat and have little desire for building, bombing, capping, and ferrying troops around which all would most likely be needed if your faction has no working shipyards. So why bother logging in they say...

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 18:11   
I joined UGTO yesterday, and I could say what Az actually met.

First, ICC captured a LH. It travelled around and nuked planets. There were 3 SY in Cin, it had destroyed 1 when I entered and continued to deactivate the 2nd when I knew of its existence. I immediately captured that LH by 10 infantry - 5 times, thus it went to R33 system. I had time to rebuild planets, then the LH came back with prefix [CAPTURED][CAPTURED][CAPTURED]. At a flash glance, I sighed: "Oh no" when it reached Grubbs - the last planet where the SY still functioned. The ending was not hard to predict; Az logged to Scen.

I was destroyed, I spawn in Lacerta, went to the gate and directly transfered to Sagi. Wow, the transfering progress looked as if it had frozen the computer. Since I had been playing game in window mode, I could easy switch tab and wait game to respond again. Took 1 minute, then I saw my ship flying normally in Sagi. Then I just logged because until that time, no SY worked.

There are 2 issues here that I can say:
  1. The transfering progress between system
    As you fail to safely logoff the last time, the game set your default system in Ursa Minor and you select any SY in Sagi. Well, that gropress takes very long time. During that time, you can select the planet but you can't launch any ship. Only when the server pushes you back to faction selection screen, you start again and this time you can switch system normally.
    Or when you go through gate between system, your game will not respond and freeze for a while. The game doesnot switch you as smoothly as before 1.67 does.
    This is a technical issue. Of course it should be fixed. I suggest that making the default system after any problem in game is Sagi, instead of Ursa Minor.
  2. MI's deathbeam.
    MI's insane, ok, fine. But as mentionafored, when its deathbeam is exploited, it rises tremendous hatredness.
    As Flash said, almost players would quit when there was no SY for them to launch. Well, you may think you'll pick an engineer in home system then transfer to Sagi, but then you'll find planets do not need modification. They just need time to regen population. Then what are you going to do? Relog? Roflmao. Just quit.
    However, I insist that all planets in Sagi must be based on AUTOMATED FARM. You can build Biosquere on terran, arid, ocean, ice, but even them must have at least 1 Automated farm. Or else you find the difficulty to recover planet population without scrapping infantry.
    What to say about this issue? I know that you want to make MI more powerful and tough, Jack. But as the fact states, deathbeam drives people to quit the game. There have been many topics whining about MI deathbeam. Will the MI getting more extreme make the game more interesting? If the game is truly more interesting, I must not see many complaints and players don't quit that many.
    It's very easy to give MI/Pirate a chance to capture planet: make their infantry overwhelming. Just remove MI deathbeam.

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-16 20:32   
Quote:

On 2012-06-16 18:11, chlorophyll wrote:
I joined UGTO yesterday, and I could say what Az actually met.

First, ICC captured a LH. It travelled around and nuked planets. There were 3 SY in Cin, it had destroyed 1 when I entered and continued to deactivate the 2nd when I knew of its existence. I immediately captured that LH by 10 infantry - 5 times, thus it went to R33 system. I had time to rebuild planets, then the LH came back with prefix [CAPTURED][CAPTURED][CAPTURED]. At a flash glance, I sighed: "Oh no" when it reached Grubbs - the last planet where the SY still functioned. The ending was not hard to predict; Az logged to Scen.

In my defense, I had been defending the system mostly single handed for about 4 hours. My moral was broke by the death beam. I admit it. I didnt rage quit tho, I went to work on new models and textures instead

In a way, I guess the death beam has some use after all....

Page created in 0.017729 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR