No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » R33/Cincinatti war
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author R33/Cincinatti war
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-18 12:17   
Quote:

On 2012-06-18 12:12, Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle] wrote:
the aoe Repair fields werent stacked last night with our 5-6 Stations , we had to manualy repair to stay alive.

Your 5-6 stations were repairing each other at 1/4 or 1/5th the effectiveness...

2 stations(or one station and another ally = 100% (Repairing ally at 100%)
3 stations (or one station and another 2 allies = 50% x 2 (Repairing both at 50%

At least that's what was said at the time they were introduced.

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-06-18 13:08 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-18 12:32   
Quote:

On 2012-06-18 03:13, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Do repair AOE fields stack?

Nope they dont but...

you dont benefit from your own repair field hence having 2-3+ stations means that you can all benefit from each others repair fields i.e person a is on the left of me 400gu away person b is in the middle and person c is 400 gu to the right of me so person a and c will benefit from person b's repair field and person b will benefit from either person a or c's field but not both at the same time also if you think about it instead of 500 gu repair field range you know have around 1200 (i think) range going from far left to far right of person a, b, c respectively which means that any smaller ships have a much larger range they can move in and still get constant repairs. one more thing in a fight between a UGTO stat and a ICC (SS) i see no reason why the ICC stat should lose there one of the two ships that are perfectly balanced imo (other than one person having ench and the other not).

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-18 12:48   
For clarification: The repair field repairs one ship (it chooses this ship in a non-random way, mind you) in the repair field area every time it repairs. The more ships you have in that area that require repair, obviously the longer it will take for "one" ship to become fulled repaired.

So, if you need a critical ship to get repaired quickly and you have multiple damaged ships, it'd be smarter to have only that one ship in the repair field area instead of all the damaged ones.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-18 13:06   
I explained previous post badly - Edited.

(Editing it, made 2 new posts instead..)
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-06-18 13:18 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-18 13:06   
Rouge - When uggie repairs, all the armour plates are repaired at once right?
same for Kluth and ICC, except ICC only have 4 plates and so repair is less effective. Shields recharge all the time, but i'm not sure if they repair faster then supply drones repair armour, meaning Uggie should beat ICC SS (Stock).

And there not "balanced" in my eye nor in the way DS needs it to be, there mirror copies of each-other which would lead to boringness.

Frob - I thought the repair field was brought in to curb SS spam, if what you say is correct, SS spam is pretty much the same.
The tactic to beat it would be to hit all the stations, but that'd require either superior numbers in dreads, or at least an equal number of stations?

It's very different to what i was told when beta testing of it came about.
[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-06-18 13:18 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-18 13:25   
@The Fridge

Not really yes the ugto stat repairs all armour at once but he will lose energy faster needs to get closer to you to fire cores also ive see lots of icc stats use the tatic of shelds off (and rotating till armour is depleted) then turning shields on till armour is reped and repeat.

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-19 03:30   
Well i'm unsure if that'd matter, when i attacked an SS with mods that didn't affect weapon damage or defense with and SCB, another SS and maybe 2 dreads, we couldn't kill it off after something like 2 minutes.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-19 05:07   
@Fridge: Armor and Shield has their own self-repair rate (R). Repair drone doubles R. Active Shield R is double than Standard Armor R, which means the rate of repair from UGTO+1 drones = Active shield R. However, Composite R is slower than Standard R. So 1 ICC SS is less defensive to 1 UGTO SS.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011174 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR