No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Using missiles on tiny ships
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Using missiles on tiny ships
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-23 22:14   
Can you please stop this?

If you're being attacked by destroyers and frigates, stop flinging those things around and let your allies who are better suited to attack small targets get into combat range WITHOUT THE THREAT OF BEING BLOWN TO SPACE DUST BECAUSE YOU LET 40 MISSILES FLY AROUND IN BROAD 500gu WIDE CIRCLES

AND LEARN TO DETONATE

SHIFT+3

USE IT. CHERISH IT.

and slap me upside the head if you ever see me not following my own advice
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-23 22:16 ]

Diabolical Bus
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-23 22:18   
Quote:

On 2012-06-23 22:14, Fluttershy wrote:
Can you please stop this?

If you're being attacked by destroyers and frigates, stop flinging those things around and let your allies who are better suited to attack small targets get into combat range WITHOUT THE THREAT OF BEING BLOWN TO SPACE DUST BECAUSE YOU LET 40 MISSILES FLY AROUND IN BROAD 500gu WIDE CIRCLES

AND LEARN TO DETONATE

SHIFT+3

USE IT. CHERISH IT.

and slap me upside the head if you ever see me not following my own advice
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-23 22:16 ]

You know this isnt gonna stop it... riiiiiiigghhhhhttt??

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-23 22:44   
I dunno, personally I think it's hilarious when someone in a SS tries spamming Harpex at me and ends up FFing his own allies because I moved to put them between us. Please, continue to fire T3 missiles at Frigates and Scouts.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-23 22:45   
I suppose it would be too much to ask that missiles be given a fail-safe so that they disarm themselves and cause minimal damage when impacting friendly targets.

But honestly, I would prefer you people just stop shooting the most destructive ordinance in the Sirius sector at frikking tin cans.

I swear missiles should cost resources to manufacture so you people quit squandering them on stupid things.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-23 22:48 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-23 22:57   
Yes, it is. People just need to learn how and when to use them instead of spamming them at everything then complaining that they can't hit smaller ships like I see a lot of people doing.

And yes, I have been FFed by less than brilliant teammates using missiles improperly so I do know what it's like.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-23 23:23   
What's easier to fix, players being stupid, or highly reckless projectile weapons?

I mean, nobody should be using a missile ship unless they really know what they are doing. They're just that dangerous.

With so much potential for causing damage to your own team, if anything, they should
have a requirement that you need to have less than 5-10% of friendly fire to your ships damaged or something...

Players who are reckless and hit allies far too often wouldn't even be able to fly them regardless of rank.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-23 23:29 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-23 23:31   
dont tell us what not to nuke with our missiles...

ive nuked gunboat destroyers engaged in combat with missiles
ive nuked frigates engaged in combat with missiles
ive nuked cruisers engaged in combat with missiles

while stations should not shoot missiles at anything smaller than a dread, ever, the smaller missile carriers which shoot in a direction can hit even small ships with a well-aimed and lucky shot. chance to hit the smallship goes up when said ship is engaged in combat with my allied frigates and cruisers.

really, how can a missile end up nuking my allies? its not like my allies can fly faster than 15 gu/s chasing a 30 gu/s frigate commando. nor is it that friendly destroyers with a 10 gu diameter are likely to get hit by missiles flying well over 69.9 gu/s speeds and having max splash damage radius of 25 gu.

there is probably a ~1% chance that a missile salvo will hit friendly ships in the area. its just that the missile salvo will not have less than 6 missiles, whose damage hurts you so much to make a thread for it.

but then, who will teach the missile spammers to launch 1 missile at a time to improve chance of hit?

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-24 00:30   
Maybe you are capable of handling missiles, but there's a LOT of people who can't, and they use them at very bad times.

[-clamup1995-]
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 01:26   
yeah. i can't count how many times a newbie comes in a missle ship and blows my aft armor to bits, it tends to get annoying and can be a bad thing if you are in the middle of a battle.

The Few. The Proud. The K'luth.

For the Horde!

Email [-clamup1995-]
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-24 05:05   
just learn to manualy det your projectiles

when i see any teammates flying into my bullets, l destroy em ( shift + space twice destroy all, and doent toggle pd for lasers (or toggle them off and on again))

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 05:41   
Quote:

On 2012-06-23 22:44, Talien wrote:
I dunno, personally I think it's hilarious when someone in a SS tries spamming Harpex at me and ends up FFing his own allies because I moved to put them between us. Please, continue to fire T3 missiles at Frigates and Scouts.

i also find this funny with luth using shrouds vs dessies its like really you think there ever gonna hit a normal dessie nevermind one with 2 makkars and a exsaust xD

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 06:58   
Detting Harpex near an enemy small vessel can do much damage. Therefore, firing heavy missles at those "tin cans", and detting them as they get close is quite effective, and I will continue to do so.

1. I don't have faith in 99% of the player base to watch my flanks and take on/out a threat there.

2. I have always man detted ordinance, ever since .482, and do it all the time. Torps, missles, anything with a splash, as well as any cannons if they are about to hit friendlies.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 07:10   
Quote:

On 2012-06-24 06:58, Azreal wrote:
Detting Harpex near an enemy small vessel can do much damage. Therefore, firing heavy missles at those "tin cans", and detting them as they get close is quite effective, and I will continue to do so.

1. I don't have faith in 99% of the player base to watch my flanks and take on/out a threat there.

2. I have always man detted ordinance, ever since .482, and do it all the time. Torps, missles, anything with a splash, as well as any cannons if they are about to hit friendlies.

To say Darkspace is indeed based in the future along with each faction having its own perks. One would assume missile technology would be advanced enough to where a missile does not have the turning rate of an air balloon.

Understood missiles such as Harpex should be used primarly as an anti capital ship weapons, example : Cruisers and Dreadnoughts. Though there are a few simple options to remove missile spam on smaller ships:

1. Cannon fire rate increased with a damage output decrease.

2. Gauss Gun instead of being long range artillary, becomes a Flak cannon with the visual effect as Planet Defense. (The little pink/red death balls where you take damage over time.

3. Smaller missiles may be equiped.

4. Fighters actually operate as fighters. Moving into position - Assaulting the enemy - Repositioning for another run.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2012-06-24 07:11 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-24 09:47   
Quote:

On 2012-06-24 07:10, Guyton (Angel of Death) wrote:

4. Fighters actually operate as fighters. Moving into position - Assaulting the enemy - Repositioning for another run.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2012-06-24 07:11 ]

My only real complaint on fighters atm is no option to put on a SAD patrol (seek and destroy), a [protect target] option, or an [attack the nearest target] option. Too fire and forget for my likes. However, this is a digression....

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-24 10:24   
Yeah, if you know how to use missiles against small ships, then do so, but if you're just gonna let them swirl around and be a hazard to your allies, don't use missiles, or learn to det.

And the people who DO know how to use missiles properly, try and educate the rest of the player base so they quit using them in such a sloppy way.

please?
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-24 10:26 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028397 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR