No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Using missiles on tiny ships
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Using missiles on tiny ships
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-25 20:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-25 07:18, Azreal wrote:

If the only other option is to hear your non-stop belly-aching, then, why, YES. Emphatically yes.

This.

Quote:

On 2012-06-25 08:37, Fluttershy wrote:

Clearly I'm not the only one who has seen this...

I'm sure you aren't the only one who has seen that.

But you're about the only one who repeatedly create threads to complain and whinge about almost everything.

So my advice to you is: DEAL WITH IT

Don't expect to change others. I suggest you change your playstyle instead. Go ahead and sit back, or jump away, whatever. But stop whining.

Quote:

On 2012-06-25 15:12, Talien wrote:
Nobody is 100% aware of what's going on around them at all times, it's simply a matter of do you care what's going on around you when you DO notice things? I'd think most people would get out of the way of incoming FF if they can, and most would manually det their missiles if they see that an ally has moved into their flight path if only to avoid adding to their own FF count. Of course, some just don't care if allies are in the way and will fire anyway as we saw from a certain post in this thread and unfortunately there's nothing preventing them from borderline griefing their own teammates.

As you said. Sometimes there're so many missiles flying about, you don't even know which is yours.

Likewise with mines. I used to bomb the enemy with my Scarab back when they were the rage. And I detonated them whenever an enemy approached. Whether or not a teammate happened to be in splash range, I really couldn't tell.

Said teammate could see the mines and should know enough to stay away from them. I would detonate those mines anytime an enemy vessel got close enough, and if a teammate was too engrossed in pursuing said enemy ship.... well, too bad. Couldn't help him.

There is a distinct difference between firing indiscriminately with your guns or beams when your teammate is clearly between you and the enemy..... and firing your missiles and having them track the target while some teammate flies blindly into them.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-06-25 21:44 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-26 00:37   
The longer someone plays a game, the more numb they become to its problems.

I mean, this game could have some weird glitch like floating troops that can't be bombed, and if I brought attention to it, you would come up with excuses and "deal with it"s for reasons not to fix it, or why it wont be fixed.

All I hear in replies are
"deal with it"
"stop the QQ"
"quit whining"
"occasional constructive and intelligent reply that is relevant to the topic"

Some of you are making directed attacks that are really uncalled for.
I have tried to be vague in my topics, in a kind of "You know who you are" kind of way, and if you aren't one of "them" you have nothing to be getting angry about.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-26 00:39 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-26 04:49   
Quote:

On 2012-06-26 00:37, Fluttershy wrote:
The longer someone plays a game, the more numb they become to its problems.

I mean, this game could have some weird glitch like floating troops that can't be bombed, and if I brought attention to it, you would come up with excuses and "deal with it"s for reasons not to fix it, or why it wont be fixed.

All I hear in replies are
"deal with it"
"stop the QQ"
"quit whining"
"occasional constructive and intelligent reply that is relevant to the topic"

Some of you are making directed attacks that are really uncalled for.
I have tried to be vague in my topics, in a kind of "You know who you are" kind of way, and if you aren't one of "them" you have nothing to be getting angry about.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-06-26 05:45 ]

It's one thing to complain about game glitches.

It's quite another to whine about other ppl's playstyles, especially if they aren't against the ROC.

So.... Deal with it.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-26 05:20   
workarounds.

most bugs in DS have a work-around to fix them. some workarounds are fully applicable, and some may not be possible due to situation.

case in point, "floating" infantry bug. inf is stacked so high it wont be hit by bomb damage.
it has been there since 3 years. there have been chats about it, rages about it, complaints (non-forum) about it and player-to-player discussions about it.
how to beat it?
get the floating infantry to move around. have them move by dropping friendly infantry on planet (which will be chased by every infantry on the planet). alternatively, ask a nice and kind opposing player to command the inf to move to a new ground location.

this wont work if a) you do not have infantry b) there is no player to command the enemy infantry c) there are ""unkind slash ungood slash bad doggy"" enemy players who will ensure that you do not successfully drop infantry on the planet.

another bug, orbit bug. recently found bug which is actually an autopilot bug, which prevents the autopilot from flying over ships as well as taking another flight path to get around.
how to fix it? go around the ship manually.

then theres this problem, that enemy missiles can be easily fooled to hit enemy ships. probably the problem is that missiles need skill to be used against anything beyond designated dread ships.

sad. 8 missiles, having onboard themselves explosive stuff you cant shake a stick at, but they can be used most effectively against only less laser-armed ships, namely the krill, ganglia, command dread, command carrier, carrier dread, missile dread, siege dread. anything else has enough beams to greatly reduce the damage or avoid impact completely. much skill is needed to fight other types of ships with missiles.

i say, that if missiles need so much skill for using in a wide range of scenarios, then the pilots should not be blamed for not having required level of sckill.

in my view, it is the entire team of ships involved in the fight to blame, for a) not teaching the missile pilot and training adequately b) not coordinating the strength of each individual ship and settling for smaller, compact ships c) not accepting, that in any fight, there will be friendly fire of some type - severe, laughable or otherwise.

should not get cheeks puffed over unfortunate chance events like this.
do not forget, that it is just a part of game.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-26 13:39   
I "Deal with" these various bugs and ... poor design choices... every time I play.
I find out ways to avoid them, and teach newbies how to overcome the problems.

A lot of these things are just done in a way that is challenging in a bad way, and not in a good way.
Take the Navigation window... the coordinate system doesn't even make sense, and there's 2 points in the MV for every given coordinate.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-26 16:34 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-06-26 20:35   
Quote:

On 2012-06-26 13:39, Fluttershy wrote:
I "Deal with" these various bugs and ... poor design choices... every time I play.
I find out ways to avoid them, and teach newbies how to overcome the problems.

A lot of these things are just done in a way that is challenging in a bad way, and not in a good way.
Take the Navigation window... the coordinate system doesn't even make sense, and there's 2 points in the MV for every given coordinate.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-26 16:34 ]

Yeah yeah yeah. Whatever.

Just stop putting out countless threads on why you dislike how this player does this and that.

Devs should charge you for wasted storage....

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 03:36   
Quote:

On 2012-06-26 05:20, Raje wrote:

then theres this problem, that enemy missiles can be easily fooled to hit enemy ships. probably the problem is that missiles need skill to be used against anything beyond designated dread ships.

missiles in ds arent fire-and-forget weapons
if you keep an eye on your suroundings you could avoid much ff with your own bullets (guns & missiles)
most of the time, you can even fling missils around teammates or planets if you know their fireing arc, and have a basic knowledge of your teammates attack patterns

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-06-28 06:11   
Quote:

Quote:

probably the problem is that missiles need skill to be used against anything beyond designated dread ships.

most of the time, you can even fling missils around teammates or planets if you know their fireing arc, and have a basic knowledge of your teammates attack patterns

Quote:

probably the problem is that missiles need skill to be used against anything beyond designated dread ships.

people who use missiles often are likely to have the skills for 1) making missiles hit more often 2) detonating missiles if they will hit an ally 3) accepting the fact that some missiles had to end up hitting allies.

long live the skilled players..

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-28 10:19   
You could also chain fire your missiles when firing on small non-assault ships.

If it hits an ally, it'll be far less devastating.
The enemy will have to continually focus on evading missiles, which will make it harder for them to get into a prime position.

The whole point of missiles is a support role, yes?
If you use it as such, you don't need to score hits all the time, just give the enemy something to think about.

When attacking larger ships, it's best to try and synchronize with other missile ships to overwhelm the greater PD, and also try and get into a position that allows you to strike the sides with less PD coverage.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-28 10:21 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018058 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR