Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Sabot Rocket
 Author Sabot Rocket
sparx9121
Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-07-10 07:11   
I was exploring all the new things in beta and I was wondering if someone could give me more information about the sabbot rockets I have never seen them before and I am unable to attach them.

Questions
- Number of ammo?
- Strength?
- Range?
- Effectiveness?

Thanks

P.S.- Also tell me anything you think is important.

Weapons are an important factor in war, but not the decisive one; it is man and not materials that counts.
Mao Tse-Tung

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-07-10 07:46   
ammo - seems to vary from 23 to 18 (scout to dread)
damage - 3-4 times the damage of 1 fusion torpedo.
range - 750 gu (probably more)
effectiveness - good for long range sniping, quick damage, good vs small ships. the gauss cannon's lethal torpedo twin.
the reload time is slow so if you intend to fire sabots more than 3 times, you will lose your damage advantage in long fights.

the ammo is limited, so that penalizes ICC torpedo ships from blind-firing to hit'cloaked k'luth. ugto ablative armor is effective against sabot rockets.

best in short 30-second fights, against ships of most sizes, and great attack range. it's e=mc^3 speed makes it great for hitting a fleeing cuiser or dreadnought. good against slow rear-line ships like carriers, interdictors, missile ships, interdicted assault ships, kluth in general etc.

bad against small and very maneuverable ships, and ships using proper armor. a fleet of stealth ships will make short work of sabot-armed ships.

oh, and they dont have any splash damage. feel free to hug an enemy and fire sabots in their face. no friendly fire to you (unless it was changed in the last 2 weeks. it may have)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-10 12:42   
Sabot are not good against small ships, (Gauss still isn't either but that's a different issue) their speed is not nearly fast enough and the slow refire rate relegates them to anti Dreadnought/Station use. If you're using them against anything smaller than a Dreadnought you're most likely just wasting your already severely limited ammo unless you're directly ontop of your target. A Sabot gadget fires 6 shots and if they all hit then yes it does more damage than a Fusion torp, but if you're only landing 1 or 2 hits then you're not doing very much damage at all.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-07-10 13:05 ]

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-10 14:07   
so high damage and high speed and longe range....but low reload and not much ammo?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-10 14:51   
High damage if more than 4 hit, high speed and long range compared to other torps, longest reload of any weapon (correct me if I'm wrong, as far as I know this is true), and lowest ammo count of any torp. And it does indeed have no splash damage which overall is a good thing, just think of them as shaped charge warheads.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-10 15:17   
Sabots are a type of weapon that I think would be better utilized on small ships, being that it is more focused on burst damage, and not damage over time.

It'll be fun to try it out on the stealth corvette, since it will be able to best harness that burst damage by having more time to fly evasively between reloads.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-11 04:14   
Quote:

P.S.- Also tell me anything you think is important.

I walked outside yesterday, on the pavement, not the street. I hate people that walk on the street, its like...they think the street is theirs, but its not. Actually motorist pay the for the street with the extra taxes, and all us pedestrians can do is be thankfull the taxes are so high they found room for a pavement. Like...if u walk all the way to the store...over the street...then u have my respect.

just rlly felt this was important

also sabots like rlly fast torps, just they are a missle slot. used to pack low punch compared to other missles, but the close range capabilities made the ICC MD fun a while:)

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-11 07:13   
Quote:

On 2012-07-11 04:14, Seriously Sirius wrote:
also sabots like rlly fast torps, just they are a missle slot. used to pack low punch compared to other missles, but the close range capabilities made the ICC MD fun a while:)

Except they're torps now, not missiles.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-11 15:39   
Sabots don't even have splash damage, at least if they do, it is very minimal.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-11 16:51   
0 splash far as I know, and it's actually a good thing.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-07-11 17:28   
At the moment it's in Beta so any values are still subject to change pending feedback. Personally I like the idea of using them against K'Luth. If you want an accurate torp, you want the Ion Torp...

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-11 18:19   
In other words, if you want an accurate torp then play UGTO.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-07-11 18:37   
Sabots have a better chance of hitting by the volume of shots fired, and the velocity.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-07-11 18:56   
Have you actually tried them? Fire them at even a Cruiser from more than 200 GU away and see how many hit. 2 or 3 hits out of the spread of 6 is not worth wasting your already severely limited ammo. Sabot are best used against large, slow, or nonmoving targets.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-07-13 05:28   
just tested the sabots again..
their accuracy below 200 gu is more or less 100%
above 200 gu, ai will be able to dodge 1 or more or the 6 shots fired.
above 400, its mostly inconvenient for hitting small ships.

but the damage....

in numbers, sabot rockets are, in my opinion, the true-est of the torpedoes in darkspace. fast, strong and slow recharge. big AoE radius would have made it perfect for me, but anyways.

using 5 of them on a heavy cruiser, i was able to >demolish a gunboat destroyer's hull, taking down over 40% hull in 1 sabot alpha. the second one destroyed it, coupled with cannonfire.

i guess, sabots are best for small ships (low signature, low refitting cost, low expectancy of survival). the larger ships should probably stick to fusion torpedoes, or a mix of both sabots and fusions for sustained damaging ability. their beams are still better suited for killing small ships.

Page created in 0.023145 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR